Donald Trump

shull

44 minutes ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:
You'd think there would have to be charges brought against him for this.
This changes everything.

Lying, except in specific circumstances, is not a criminal offence.

No but deliberately inciting riots which resulted in 4 deaths might well be.

Oh and there must be very serious concerns over the inauguration on the 20th.

And the potential for assassination attempts must be taken seriously as well.

Given the serious condition of one of the police officers who was dragged into the crowd of protesters overnight, you can only guess at what would have happened had they got hold of Pelosi instead of just trashing her office.

This is not just a problem of someone lying. It's gone way beyond that.

Edited by oaksoft

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Given the serious condition of one of the police officers who was dragged into the crowd of protesters overnight, you can only guess at what would have happened had they got hold of Pelosi instead of just trashing her office.

The worrying thing is the amount of Americans that hang on every word that trump says and basically will do anything he wants😮

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You'd think there would have to be charges brought against him for this.

This changes everything.

If The Orange is removed from office before Biden is sworn in, then Pence would become President...

...only for a fortnight or less, but still...

...President Pence could pardon President Orange - as been the pattern for past criminal presidents.

The Orange already has several criminal tax/fraud cases to face.  These have not been pursued whilst he remains in office - for the above reason.

The Orange has nothing to lose.  He knows what lies ahead.

Deaths are collateral carnage in his striving to stay out of gaol.

Edited by antrin

If he had actually said anything to incite riots, you might have a point, but nothing he has said, AFAIK, could be proven to be deliberately inciteful. Even though it is obvious what he is doing, there is, realistically, really nothing he could be charged for.

Just now, Slarti said:
26 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If he had actually said anything to incite riots, you might have a point, but nothing he has said, AFAIK, could be proven to be deliberately inciteful. Even though it is obvious what he is doing, there is, realistically, really nothing he could be charged for.

Ooooh... I dunno, Slarti.

He called for them to assemble.  He exacerbated the emotions of the armed crowds and asked them to walk down the road with him towards the Capitol, with the sole reason of disrupting the business of the US govt.

Yanks (previously) have taken that very seriously.  As they do the almost sacred office of the President.

As Biden said - the words of a President are important.  Their president is the incarnation of... the nation.

If they want to fit him up, right now, then I believe he has offered plenty of ammo.  He would like a pardon and so that is what he is seeking - by the route I mention in my post, above.

2 hours ago, antrin said:

If The Orange is removed from office before Biden is sworn in, then Pence would become President...

...only for a fortnight or less, but still...

...President Pence could pardon President Orange - as been the pattern for past criminal presidents.

The Orange already has several criminal tax/fraud cases to face.  These have not been pursued whilst he remains in office - for the above reason.

The Orange has nothing to lose.  He knows what lies ahead.

Deaths are collateral carnage in his striving to stay out of gaol.

If Trump had wound his neck back about a month ago I think Biden et al would've been inclined to pardon him just to avoid the embarrassment of seeing an ex-POTUS IN court but Trump's stoked the fires and as a result there'll be no sympathy for him.

Better get an army of lawyers Don you're gonna need them...  

Edited by Bud the Baker

7 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

If Trump had wound his neck back about a month ago I think Biden et al would've been inclined to pardon him just to avoid the embarrassment of seeing an ex-POTUS IN court but Trump's stoked the fires and as a result there'll be no sympathy for him.

Better get an army of lawyers Don you're gonna need them...  

The Republican Party  could do themselves a favour by removing him, themselves.  Many of them are scared of his fruitloop supporters and are like rabbits caught in headlights.    Switch him off - show that the party’s more powerful than he was.

He is a burden that will have a series of criminal cases brought against him by States.  And he. Is financially fragile. A loser on several fronts from what I read/hear...  The GOP should throw him overboard.

but...

As I’m more aligned to Democrats/ Saunders style....  maybe Trump SHOULD be allowed to stay in his cave till after Biden’s sworn in...

The Republican Party  could do themselves a favour by removing him, themselves.  Many of them are scared of his fruitloop supporters and are like rabbits caught in headlights.    Switch him off - show that the party’s more powerful than he was.
He is a burden that will have a series of criminal cases brought against him by States.  And he. Is financially fragile. A loser on several fronts from what I read/hear...  The GOP should throw him overboard.
but...
As I’m more aligned to Democrats/ Saunders style....  maybe Trump SHOULD be allowed to stay in his cave till after Biden’s sworn in...
Considering how tight the results were in a few states, it's scary to think how close he actually was to winning. But considering how many thickos they have in the US, it's not really surprising.

10 hours ago, antrin said:

but...

...it has been a crazy period since he lost the re-election with the rush of Federal executions in contrast to the pardons doled out to ex-cronies who, most probably, have dirt on him, although I think even he realizes now he went a (big) bit too far with his electoral fraud claims... 

Like slarti I'm unsure whether he could be held legally responsible for this weeks events although he obviously set the tone which allowed them to occur. With less than two weeks to go till Biden's inauguration my guess is that he won't be ousted and that he'll be left to spend his remaining years in litigation and as you point out a fortune which will undoubtedly turn out to be substantially less than he claims. :rolleyes:

I don't think the GOP will throw him overboard, he's really only an example of the Tea Party faction (albeit the most extreme) and I see them pursuing their nasty brand of politics for the foreseeable future.

On the GIRFUY front this week's events should pierce the self righteousness of the right wingers who criticized the "Not my President" movement in the aftermath of the 2016 election - should but probably won't.

I see Trump's Twitter account has been permanently suspended I know he has upped the ante in terms of his online ravings since he lost the election but I'd have been more impressed by Facebook et al if they'd censured him 6-12 months ago - not 2 weeks before a Democrat president in inaugurated.

Edited by Bud the Baker

8 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

I see Trump's Twitter account has been permanently suspended I know he has upped the ante in terms of his online ravings since he lost the election but I'd have been more impressed by Facebook et al if they'd censured him 6-12 months ago - not 2 weeks before a Democrat president in inaugurated.

Can you imagine how Trump must be feeling with no outlet for his continual drivel? :lol: