Donald Trump

shull

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

A bit quiet in here, absolute rage when a nasty Iranian was killed, almost silence when close to 200 innocents are killed.

Funny old world. 

I’m glad to hear they’ve admitted it as many others would try and cover up the mistake to absolve blame. It’s a catastrophic error, let’s be honest 99.9% of us will never make a mistake on the same level.  With things clear now the Iranian authorities can investigate the error thoroughly. Their admittance also ends the idea of it being “war” related.

It is indeed down to the increase of tensions, but hopefully with this loss of innocent lives it will make both sides look up and step back. Which sounds bizarre considering countless innocent lives are destroyed through war, but an accidental incident like this may actually prevent more from breaking out.

3 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I’m glad to hear they’ve admitted it as many others would try and cover up the mistake to absolve blame. It’s a catastrophic error, let’s be honest 99.9% of us will never make a mistake on the same level.  With things clear now the Iranian authorities can investigate the error thoroughly. Their admittance also ends the idea of it being “war” related.

It is indeed down to the increase of tensions, but hopefully with this loss of innocent lives it will make both sides look up and step back. Which sounds bizarre considering countless innocent lives are destroyed through war, but an accidental incident like this may actually prevent more from breaking out.

I think the point still stands. There's been a deafening silence on this forum when there should have been some condemnation of Iran's actions here.

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I think the point still stands. There's been a deafening silence on this forum when there should have been some condemnation of Iran's actions here.

By all means it’s not just on this forum, it’s anywhere that disagrees with the general actions of the US. For some, this no longer fits the anti-US rhetoric so they shut up shop.

For me, it won’t stop my extreme dislike of US presence in foreign countries, and I do feel recent tensions have led to this “Act first think later” strategy that had ended the lives of 200 innocent people. I am also perfectly happy to admit this was not the outcome I expected, but the Iranians have admitted the situation and my own thoughts and beliefs about the incident were incorrect. I sincerely hope that lessons are learned from this, and whoever made the call gets punished for the loss of life. I look forward to seeing how this is dealt with.

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It could be said if  Thump hasn't ok the killing of General Soleimani, around 250 innocent people would likely still be alive today.

Sadly the c**** that make those decisions, are very rarely personally effected by it.

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It could be said if  Thump hasn't ok the killing of General Soleimani, around 250 innocent people would likely still be alive today.

Sadly the c**** that make those decisions, are very rarely personally effected by it.

It could be said if General what'shisname wasn't a cnut he wouldn't have been killed.

FFS. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

A bit quiet in here, absolute rage when a nasty Iranian was killed, almost silence when close to 200 innocents are killed.

Funny old world. 

Some of us have been in the pub today helping the poor bars in the area   :guinness   but I tend to try and stay out of threads that involved politics.   

Guest TPAFKATS
You can't blame trump for this Tommy.
Shooting down a plane that was only 8000 ft up from leaving Tehran Airport lies entirely with the Iranians. They let the plane take off and would have been monitoring it. You or I could've been monitoring it on our phone via flightradar.

The level of incompetency involved in this tragedy is staggering. It's nearly matched by them then denying it for days afterwards.

9 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Shooting down a plane that was only 8000 ft up from leaving Tehran Airport lies entirely with the Iranians. They let the plane take off and would have been monitoring it. You or I could've been monitoring it on our phone via flightradar.

The level of incompetency involved in this tragedy is staggering. It's nearly matched by them then denying it for days afterwards.

I certainly agree with you, but sadly there is always a chain of events that follow after some guy decide to be the hero.

No winners, only losers as per usual   :(

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

It could be said if General what'shisname wasn't a cnut he wouldn't have been killed.

FFS. 

I would blame the General's Mummy & Daddy for conceiving the wee cnut 

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

This makes the assumption that it was not done deliberately.

15 hours ago, Tommy said:

You are now trying to justify the killing of 250 people using the argument of "aye but..."?