Name the hushed up mutual consented player

In our list of loanees returning to parent clubs, players not having contracts renewed, it might have escaped people's notice we had a u19 international on our books this year who was in the first team squad and mutually consented with nothing being posted on the official site wishing them well for the future.  Can anyone name the player?

52 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

In our list of loanees returning to parent clubs, players not having contracts renewed, it might have escaped people's notice we had a u19 international on our books this year who was in the first team squad and mutually consented with nothing being posted on the official site wishing them well for the future.  Can anyone name the player?

Is there not usually a separate retained list for the youth setup?

On 6/3/2019 at 4:53 PM, Magic Monkey said:

It was hushed up... :lol:

Signed for club in the summer. One of a few academy players who made the first team bench early in the season. A few people watching academy games said he was looking better than Danny Rodgers was, and he got his first Scotland cap in the autumn and after a decent first few months, mutually consented.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

On 6/3/2019 at 5:03 PM, aldo_j said:

Is there not usually a separate retained list for the youth setup?

Information on the youth academy squad was removed from the official website during the season. Previously it has still be announced when academy players go out on loan, represent Scotland (or their own country at youth international level), or if academy players are being released. When I looked a month or two ago I think our academy squad was listed as MacPherson and Erhahon!

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

4 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Signed for club in the summer. One of a few academy players who made the first bench early in the season. A few people watching academy games said he was looking better than Danny Rodgers was, and he got his first Scotland cap in the autumn and after a decent first few months, mutually consented.

Josh Heaton is probably a better 'keeper than Danny Rodgers to be honest.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Hushed up?

TBH if there had been an announcement then I'd have been asking who he was.

Released with the level of fanfare befitting a youth player IMO.

The question is really why did we release someone who was doing well in the academy, had broken into the Scotland set up, when our No. 2 was out with a long term injury, and our No. 1 had just left to take up a coaching job at Sunderland. You'd think that in such a scenario we'd be keeping them until the end of the season?

13 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

The question is really why did we release someone who was doing well in the academy, had broken into the Scotland set up, when our No. 2 was out with a long term injury, and our No. 1 had just left to take up a coaching job at Sunderland. You'd think that in such a scenario we'd be keeping them until the end of the season?

Who knows?

Maybe he wasn't rated. Has he set the heather on fire somewhere since he's been released?

I certainly don't care.

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Skin in the game, perhaps? Not massively angry, so you ain’t his Da. Uncle, perhaps?

Plenty of decent keepers about, guessing he wasn’t quite good enough. Plenty of academy players come and go, most never make an appearance back at this level.

Guest TPAFKATS
Maybe he did a runner to join an Amazonian tribe and the club didn’t feel it worthwhile to explain this decision from him.

No much chance of wee Danny Rodgers doing that.

10 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Skin in the game, perhaps? Not massively angry, so you ain’t his Da. Uncle, perhaps?

Plenty of decent keepers about, guessing he wasn’t quite good enough. Plenty of academy players come and go, most never make an appearance back at this level.

I'm not the player's dad or uncle, nor a close family friend. I do find it surprising when we stand to make more on top of the £900k we already received from John McGinn (a former youth academy player) that there seems to be a feeling of no one cares why a Scotland U19 player left our academy set up mid-season. 

6 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I'm not the player's dad or uncle, nor a close family friend. I do find it surprising when we stand to make more on top of the £900k we already received from John McGinn (a former youth academy player) that there seems to be a feeling of no one cares why a Scotland U19 player left our academy set up mid-season. 

Being a Scotland Under 19 doesn’t count for much. The majority of players at that level don’t go on to make career in a game.

Even go back to 1989 when Scotland Under 16s finish as World Cup runners up. Out of that group, Paul Dickov arguably made the most of it. The best player, James Will, (funnily enough a GK!) never made it in the game far despite making it to Under 21 level.

Is Muir definitely away? Does seem a bit odd that he's been let go so quickly after getting a Scotland under-19 cap - which is pretty hard to do when you're not at the Old Firm. Would have thought it was maybe worth keeping hold of him to send out on loan and see how he does. Did someone not suggest a wee while back there was some unrest on the youth side of things because of someone who'd recently arrived at the club? Think it was only one post - hopefully this isn't a result of that and the decision has been made for the right reasons.

There's been outcry a few times over the years when seemingly talented youngsters have been let go but, for the most part, we seem to have got it right. How many youth players we've released have gone on to perform at the sort of level that would have made it worth keeping? The only one that really gets brought up is Craig Slater but he was seemingly up against McLean and McGinn for a slot so that one was probably right too.

Anyone know of any other youngsters being let go? And, on a more positive note, who are the ones we can expect to make the step-up to the first team in the near future?

12 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Still waiting for any official word thevclub is due more for McGinn., is it a nice deflection of wishful thinking?

Still waiting for any official word thevclub is due more for McGinn., is it a nice deflection of wishful thinking?

Yeah , I wish the club would come right out and say how much we are getting . Would give other teams and agents a clearer idea of how much we can be fleeced for when looking at players for next season .
🤪