Name the hushed up mutual consented player

I'm not the player's dad or uncle, nor a close family friend. I do find it surprising when we stand to make more on top of the £900k we already received from John McGinn (a former youth academy player) that there seems to be a feeling of no one cares why a Scotland U19 player left our academy set up mid-season. 

Why should anyone care?

Loads of players get capped at youth level and never make it.

19 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

The question is really why did we release someone who was doing well in the academy, had broken into the Scotland set up, when our No. 2 was out with a long term injury, and our No. 1 had just left to take up a coaching job at Sunderland. You'd think that in such a scenario we'd be keeping them until the end of the season?

He might just not have been good enough. Kpekawa got capped for England u20s

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

And you managed to find someone to employ you to work with figures despite your hilarious fumblings on two threads this year. 

Ach I'm only teasing. 😋

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Indeed. All I have said is that it seems very strange when he appeared to be doing well and was on the first team bench under Stubbs and Kearney, playing for the reserves, being called up and winning a Scotland U19 cap that whether or not he would have 'made it' full time as a longer term career choice, to vanish mid-season without having had a bad game or cost us a few goals in a game to justify being dropped or having a turn on the bench, seems odd.

Almost twenty years ago I worked alongside someone who had years earlier played in the Scottish schools team alongside Brian McClair, Paul McStay and Gary McAllister so I'm quite familiar with the reality that not everyone doing well in the different age groups within academy football or representing their country at youth level will have a successful career in the game.

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So if anything, its nothing like the ridiculous amounts people seem convinced we are due? 

can't help but noticed you simply ignored Calum's post above because it does not fit with your agenda.

But I post it here especially for you and send it to you for another chance to ignore it :-

Yeah , I wish the club would come right out and say how much we are getting . Would give other teams and agents a clearer idea of how much we can be fleeced for when looking at players for next season .

22 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Indeed. All I have said is that it seems very strange when he appeared to be doing well and was on the first team bench under Stubbs and Kearney, playing for the reserves, being called up and winning a Scotland U19 cap that whether or not he would have 'made it' full time as a longer term career choice, to vanish mid-season without having had a bad game or cost us a few goals in a game to justify being dropped or having a turn on the bench, seems odd.

Almost twenty years ago I worked alongside someone who had years earlier played in the Scottish schools team alongside Brian McClair, Paul McStay and Gary McAllister so I'm quite familiar with the reality that not everyone doing well in the different age groups within academy football or representing their country at youth level will have a successful career in the game.

I’d probably say your basis for him doing well is potentially outweighed by the people coaching him on a daily basis. There are literally 100s (or more) of examples at St Mirren alone of players that have looked very promising then fell away. 

We might have made a mistake who knows but there’s people at the club much better placed to make these calls than us fans. Time will tell 

can't help but noticed you simply ignored Calum's post above because it does not fit with your agenda.
But I post it here especially for you and send it to you for another chance to ignore it :-
Yeah , I wish the club would come right out and say how much we are getting . Would give other teams and agents a clearer idea of how much we can be fleeced for when looking at players for next season .

He probably ignored it because it was irrelevant.

A bit like you!

Would you Adam and Eve it! [emoji23]