St. Mirren v Dunfermline 14th July 2019

Team we thinking then? Something like:

Hladky

McGinn-Baird-GMac-Erahon

Djorkaeff-McGinn-Flynn-Magennis

Andreu-Mullen

Be interesting to see what Sir Jim goes with. Despite it being a competitive game I’m not too concerned about winning. A draw should do us, assuming we can get it done in the other 3 games against the part time teams.

As we seen yesterday there’s always a lot of strange results in this group stage. Queens Park beating Accies in Hamilton on pens [emoji848]

40 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Team we thinking then? Something like:

Hladky

McGinn-Baird-GMac-Erahon

Djorkaeff-McGinn-Flynn-Magennis

Andreu-Mullen

Be interesting to see what Sir Jim goes with. Despite it being a competitive game I’m not too concerned about winning. A draw should do us, assuming we can get it done in the other 3 games against the part time teams.

As we seen yesterday there’s always a lot of strange results in this group stage. Queens Park beating Accies in Hamilton on pens emoji848.png

Shows how much we badly need recruitment especially in defence and attack. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Agreed, all this "it doesn't matter" pish is a cop out.

It's a great opportunity to get into the knock out stages then, with a bit of luck, keep early momentum going.

FWIW I think we'll win pretty easily. We should be winning every one of our group games.

Can see this one going to penalties (which is great because I have work at 5, just like when we went to pens v Dundee United :rolleyes:)

We really should be picking up 9/9 points against the others (although Stubbs would disagree) so any points today should guarantee us progress to the next round presuming we don’t massively f**k up.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

St Mirren 3/4, quite generous IMO, Dunfermline 10/3 with the draw 11/4.

As TC says, the league cup group stages have a habit of throwing up unexpected results, early season and all that.

Still, a home win with Dunfermline not scoring gives 9/4:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, munoz said:

FWIW I think we'll win pretty easily. We should be winning every one of our group games.

Me anaw. :wink:

The powers that be really have to look at the setup most clubs are just getting up to speed teams should be allowed a maximum of two trialists and use of all named subs moreover why are the likes of the old firm waltzing into the third round I know they are involved in Europe but they are being allowed to play friendlies today whilst we are playing three ties in a week all wrong to me.

Agreed, all this "it doesn't matter" pish is a cop out.
It's a great opportunity to get into the knock out stages then, with a bit of luck, keep early momentum going.

Getting to the knock out stages matter.

How we do it doesn’t. 10 points will certainly be enough, 9 probably will be (we qualified with 9 last season), even 8 could be.

Point is we can progress without winning every game. Therefore not winning today - which will be our hardest game - is absolutely fine.

31 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Getting to the knock out stages matter.

How we do it doesn’t. 10 points will certainly be enough, 9 probably will be (we qualified with 9 last season), even 8 could be.

Point is we can progress without winning every game. Therefore not winning today - which will be our hardest game - is absolutely fine.

I understand that we can qualify without winning every game......................

Winning today against, probably, our most difficult opponents puts us in pole position.

Doesn't qualifying at the top of the group give you and advantage in the knock out stages? 

On 7/11/2019 at 10:15 PM, Sweeper07 said:

So what is our team come Sunday?

Hladky

P. MGinn        Baird          MacKenzie         Erhahon

Magennis        Flynn      S. McGinn      Andreu

Mullen          Djork

Subs  Lyness,  Cooke, MacPherson, Kellerman, Breadner, New Signing 1, New Signing 2

Alternative  Glover,

Clearly in need of some singings TOMORROW !   :turtle

Swap MacPherson for Erahon and that will do me. Young Ethan might be a player....but not at full back.

2 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

The powers that be really have to look at the setup most clubs are just getting up to speed teams should be allowed a maximum of two trialists and use of all named subs moreover why are the likes of the old firm waltzing into the third round I know they are involved in Europe but they are being allowed to play friendlies today whilst we are playing three ties in a week all wrong to me.

I fully support your comments