EKFC v SMFC LC 20/7/19

Just now, gc_SMFC said:

Out the league Cup before our last game in this group is an embarrasment.

Just reinforces what everyone knows, that the vast majority of the squad aren't good enough for the top flight.

Both our strikers missing penalties as well, minter.

Having seen the last two performances this didn’t come as a surprise. However I would be worried if these performances were occurring in Nov/Dec with a full squad in place. We still have time to bring in some quality and loan out a few (i.e Erahon, Cooke, McPherson) 

1 minute ago, belfast billy said:

Oh well let’s move on not great and need a few players in I have faith in Goodwin maybe next season win the bet Fred cup or whatever they’re calling it

Faraway will win the lottery and sponsor this competition next season renamed as the,

BetF*ucked Cup

4 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Not a very good start to Goodwins reign.  Need to see a vast improvement soon, or we could be looking for yet another manager.

I don’t think we can blame Goodwin, he has only signed two players. Still not in the same league as Stubbs teams performances last year in the Cup, at least this team is creating plenty chances, Stubbs team definitely wasn’t. 

Erm...no. I think you’ll find they are a non league team in league as well as name. They’ve already had opportunities to get into the league and failed each time.
Not for too much longer.

They are very well run... Better than most of the lower league clubs.

They have players with league experience and a manager who knows what he is doing.

All I'm saying is show them some respect.

I said before the game talk of scoring four or five was ill advised.

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

A bit like Stubbs was last season?

Stubbs was allowed to break our transfer record of the last 20 years, and sign a full team of absolute dross.

Goodwin is having his hand held by a past it old school Scottish championship level manager and doesn't have 2 pennies to rub together