EKFC v SMFC LC 20/7/19

1 minute ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I don’t think we can blame Goodwin, he has only signed two players. Still not in the same league as Stubbs teams performances last year in the Cup, at least this team is creating plenty chances, Stubbs team definitely wasn’t. 

I'm not blaming Goodwin, but our Board haven't exactly been models of patience when it comes to managers.

2 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Nobody but Goodwin and the Board know what he was told or what he agreed to.  All you are doing is speculating. 

Do you think Goodwin as an intelligent and ambitious man would voluntarily come here knowing he has a squad of 15 with the league campaign 2 weeks away?

10 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

Such a positive response.

I have to admire you for that.

Can I ask you to remind me to buy you a drink if we qualify?

I am looking forward to noting Jim Goodwin’s Body language in his post match interview.

Please see the next post where I laughed at the notion that we'll finish top, even though it's still possible.

Not sure if your post is strangely passive agressive. Up ye, if it is. Have a nice evening, if it isn't. :wink:

Not for too much longer.

They are very well run... Better than most of the lower league clubs.

They have players with league experience and a manager who knows what he is doing.

All I'm saying is show them some respect.

I said before the game talk of scoring four or five was ill advised.

I expected to win but you’re right they are a good side but still expected to beat them not by a goal avalanche but the odd one or two

5 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I don’t think we can blame Goodwin, he has only signed two players. Still not in the same league as Stubbs teams performances last year in the Cup, at least this team is creating plenty chances, Stubbs team definitely wasn’t. 

How many chances did we make last season and this season?

You're not making things up are you?

At this stage last season we had 6 points, I think? 

1 minute ago, W6Saint said:

Goodwin (and the club) has also been shafted by Mr Kearney big time

I know you were never an Oran fan but I doubt that very much.

Players that Oran was on record as wanting back this season if deals could be agreed: Hodson, Muzek, Popescu, Dreyer. All 4 were decent for us last season, knew the club and the league. We're now starting again with trying to recruit a first choice left back and cover for full back and central defence options, have no wide players and are two strikers down on last season as well.

Thank goodness the chairman appointed a technical director to bring continuity to our player recruitment so that changes in management would hardly be noticed!

We have a reduced budget despite increased prizemoney and increased season ticket sales because we've had over 80 players come and go in 3 years since the chairman took over and are on our 5th manager, 4th assistant manager, not sure if we are appointing a 3rd first team coach or not.

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

For IOBS, see if you can spot the flaw in your point about us being out. :lol:

Team P GD Pts
1   Dunfermline 3 6 6
2   St Mirren 3 0 4
3   Edinburgh City 2 0 3
4   Albion 2 -5 3
5   East Kilbride 2 -1 1

You think Dunfermline will throw it away , seriously even you would not bet them doing that. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

How many chances did we make last season and this season?

You're not making things up are you?

At this stage last season we had 6 points, I think? 

No not making things up. I suppose what I am trying to say is that although results haven’t gone our way, I still feel that our performances and squad is still better than Stubbs teams performances and squad from last seasons cup games. I have no stats just my own subjective opinion from watching both cup runs. 

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Players that Oran was on record as wanting back this season if deals could be agreed: Hodson, Muzek, Popescu, Dreyer. All 4 were decent for us last season, knew the club and the league. We're now starting again with trying to recruit a first choice left back and cover for full back and central defence options, have no wide players and are two strikers down on last season as well.

Thank goodness the chairman appointed a technical director to bring continuity to our player recruitment so that changes in management would hardly be noticed!

We have a reduced budget despite increased prizemoney and increased season ticket sales because we've had over 80 players come and go in 3 years since the chairman took over and are on our 5th manager, 4th assistant manager, not sure if we are appointing a 3rd first team coach or not.

^^^^^^^ This.

An utter shambles, things were under control we were told by the ITK crowd.

I said ages ago Goodwin had one arm tied behind his back before he started, that wasn't the case I was told.

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You think Dunfermline will throw it away , seriously even you would not bet them doing that. 

Beep, beep, beep, reversing. :wink:

Who knows after todays results TBH, but you're right, I won;t be touching any games in this group......................the group of death. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Firstly, you don't know anything about me... weird.

That was as far as I got, I don't care for anything you have to say on the matter. It's been well publicised what went on and quite frankly you don't have to believe what I or anyone else knows on what went on.

2 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Firstly, you don't know anything about me... weird.

That was as far as I got, I don't care for anything you have to say on the matter. It's been well publicised what went on and quite frankly you don't have to believe what I or anyone else knows on what went on.

I don't know you but do remember your posts in the second half of the season.

10 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Doesn't matter what I think. I don't know you, or really anything other than what the mainstream media feed me. I will continue to have my head firmly in the sand and everything will be ok. 

Ok, thanks for admitting that. Have a nice night.

2 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Yet all media outlets reporting ‘EK beat St Mirren’

Glad we didn’t lose emoji2.png

The Media can report what they want.The score was 0-0.That in my book is a draw.