EKFC v SMFC LC 20/7/19

1 minute ago, W6Saint said:

In the words of the wise Wendy Saints...

"Nurse!!!"

You appear to have remembered a post by Wendy Saints...

Our due dilligence on Stubbs was dire, and the same could be said on Kearney's views on commuting... and on our latest signing target not wanting to leave Holland.  

Stubbs was allowed to break our transfer record of the last 20 years, and sign a full team of absolute dross.
Goodwin is having his hand held by a past it old school Scottish championship level manager and doesn't have 2 pennies to rub together

At least the team full of absolute dross made it through the group stages!

Just now, Dibbles old paperboy said:

You appear to have remembered a post by Wendy Saints...

Our due dilligence on Stubbs was dire, and the same could be said on Kearney's views on commuting... and on our latest signing target not wanting to leave Holland.  

You're taking this all a bit serious aren't you.

Stubbs was a shambles of an appointment. I agree with you on Kearney - a horrendous appointment. I'm not going to get too bogged down about an unknown dutch footballer who never played a minute in the stripes.

Next?

Goodwin should be ripping this side apart and demanding the board give him more backing. We finished in the play off spot which was the wake up call that the side was not good enough. Going into a season with the dross we have is not acceptable. Yes we have weeks left on the transfer window but the season started last week. 

3 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Apart from the 6 goals against Dumbarton!

I honestly didn’t/don’t have a problem with Stubbs, however it was pretty obvious that the team he assembled was not going to be successful in the top league. However the team that Goodwin has inherited has some players with one seasons experience in the top league, he will now have to add 5-6 quality players to this squad in order to have a fighting chance of staying up. 

4 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

You're taking this all a bit serious aren't you.

Stubbs was a shambles of an appointment. I agree with you on Kearney - a horrendous appointment. I'm not going to get too bogged down about an unknown dutch footballer who never played a minute in the stripes.

Next?

You might be over-estimating the importance of the debate at my end in fairness.

We actually disagree on Kearney - massively. I took the view that he and the club recruited well, finished the season strongly and had he been allowed to keep a nucleus of the squad together and try and add better strikers we'd improve this season.

We probably agree that the club didn't do their homework on appointing Kearney though... same mistake as they made with Stubbs.

I'm not a fan of the club deflecting blame on to Kearney, or players who don't sign for us. There has been a shady pattern to how well we've been run since GLS took over (promising to improve things from the old board).

Just home after that. Yet again another bad result. We had plenty of effort in the first half and created good chances but poor finishing and decision making cost us. In the second we huffed and puffed but again our lack of quality was there for all to see. 

Its debatable if some of these players are good enough for the squad let alone first 11. The next couple of weeks are going to be crucial now, and we are desperately running out of time to get in the quality required to give us at least a fighting chance next season. 

The only crumb of comfort was I didn't stay for the penalties and avoided the traffic.

5 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Goodwin should be ripping this side apart and demanding the board give him more backing. We finished in the play off spot which was the wake up call that the side was not good enough. Going into a season with the dross we have is not acceptable. Yes we have weeks left on the transfer window but the season started last week. 

I don’t think the players really feel the season has started, all these games have had an atmosphere of preseason about them ( trialists , youth players) the prices (£12) kind of promote that impression. 

I am not worried at present as I think we will strengthen squad, however if the league started next Saturday with the same squad, then I would be looking for a refund on my ST 

I think we all agree that Goodie has come in to a club in disarray due to the shambles with Kearney’s departure, whoever’s to blame. With the greatest respect to EK, you would expect us to get a win today and our manager needs to carry some of the responsibility, as well as the players.
We won’t know the full picture of the trouble we are in until the end of the transfer window, but it’s been a really worrying start and the first few league games look ominous at the moment. Was genuinely optimistic after the playoff game survival, seeing how we could strengthen and move on with Kearney, but the wheels seem to come off and the squad looks horrendous.
I’m shocked to hear some of the players were allegedly smirking on the way off the park, especially with a character like Goodwin in charge. If he gets wind of it I’m sure heads will roll.
It feels like the club is going backwards at the moment, so we need to hope that we can get some quality in like we did in January and
things start to improve with patience. It’s seems a long way off at the moment.

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding regarding the scoring system; BBC Sport have EK on 1 point in the table, Google has them on 3 and the SPFL have them on 2. I think SPFL are correct?

The Media can report what they want.The score was 0-0.That in my book is a draw.

2 minutes ago, gilberto said:

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding regarding the scoring system; BBC Sport have EK on 1 point in the table, Google has them on 3 and the SPFL have them on 2. I think SPFL are correct?

From BBC sport?:blink:

Team P GD Pts
1   Dunfermline 3 6 6
2   St Mirren 3 0 4
3   Edinburgh City 2 0 3
4   Albion 2 -5 3
5   East Kilbride 2 -1 2

I agree it's not panic stations YET but getting beaten by a non league team (no disrespect to them) when we are in the top flight--via the great escape, today's result doesn't sit well or bode well for our chances if some good quality signings arent made and pronto!

The BOD need to shift their arse on the signings front, it's not panic stations just yet but their part is to give the manager as good a chance to succeed as possible.

1 minute ago, Deekthebuddie said:

I agree it's not panic stations YET but getting beaten by a non league team (no disrespect to them) when we are in the top flight--via the great escape, today's result doesn't sit well or bode well for our chances if some good quality signings arent made and pronto!

If we can do well in the transfer market soon and have a decent season and stay up i don't think this will happen again.  Goodwin has already stated that for next season he'll start sounding out potential transfers in January.  He needs backing...and quickly from Gus, Tony and co.

Eh ? We created f**k all today bar the double save from Mullen 1st half. It was pathetic.

I don’t think we can blame Goodwin, he has only signed two players. Still not in the same league as Stubbs teams performances last year in the Cup, at least this team is creating plenty chances, Stubbs team definitely wasn’t. 

What youth players and trialists were on show today or Wednesday. Get your head out your arse man.

I don’t think the players really feel the season has started, all these games have had an atmosphere of preseason about them ( trialists , youth players) the prices (£12) kind of promote that impression. 
I am not worried at present as I think we will strengthen squad, however if the league started next Saturday with the same squad, then I would be looking for a refund on my ST 

57 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Not for too much longer.

They are very well run... Better than most of the lower league clubs.

They have players with league experience and a manager who knows what he is doing.

All I'm saying is show them some respect.

I said before the game talk of scoring four or five was ill advised.

I can show them all the respect you want, but it is still a much more embarrassing result than Hammarby and that was the point I was making.