EKFC v SMFC LC 20/7/19

Opinions are what the forum is about. I stand by what I wrote. 
If any goalkeeper of St Mirren had lost a goal to any of the shots we had he would be getting slaughtered.

I stand by my opinion 1 decent save but by you saying he played a blinder and BBC stats showing 22 shots the people not at the game might presume we were unlucky or played well neither which was true.

One of the worst performances I have ever saw and I have saw a few shockers.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

If any goalkeeper of St Mirren had lost a goal to any of the shots we had he would be getting slaughtered.

I stand by my opinion 1 decent save but by you saying he played a blinder and BBC stats showing 22 shots the people not at the game might presume we were unlucky or played well neither which was true.

One of the worst performances I have ever saw and I have saw a few shockers.

We weren't unlucky. I was there too. But their keeper made a number of good saves. Happy to respect your right to your view but hold on to mine. More clinical finishing needed. 

5 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Embarrassing

Was looking for to slagging my Ton mate but think i will take a holiday. Players should be disgusted with themselves. I dont want hear about application and fight from Goody. Just sign 8 players and get shot of this dross

Goody is doing the only thing he considers useful or relevant, trying to find some merit in the nature and attitude of his squad.  He knows that if he turns this group around it won't be the first time a group of journeymen have punched above their weight.

However

we have the most threadbare squad in any of the top twenty teams and there is precious little sign we will expand it, if we do it won't be with any quality.  I suspect anyone who takes a look at joining us is seeing an amateurish set up populated by a young manager and a bunch of has-beens who lost any of their fire a long while ago.

This about leadership, Goody is trying to demonstrate a little of that but the rest either have no interest, are too naïve to see that being a leader matters or are grossly incompetent. and consider themselves good at what they are doing.  

5 hours ago, belfast billy said:

No more crap from king tony about top 4 finishes get behind manager and see how it goes if it goes tits up well fair enough we’re st.mirren fans nothing to see here move along

That is pish, we are a premiership club of 2 seasons standing losing out on a whimper to eastkilfukkinbride, there is a freakin' lot to see and it is not nice.

Just now, beyond our ken said:

That is pish, we are a premiership club of 2 seasons standing losing out on a whimper to eastkilfukkinbride, there is a freakin' lot to see and it is not nice.

We’ve played and struggled against an even lower level of team in Belfast a couple of weeks ago. I don’t think the standard can go any lower. It’s seriously worrying.

Don’t care if we’ve not had much game time etc. That’s like saying you struggled against your 5 year old son at football because you hadn’t played in a couple of years. We should be beating EK, Rosario, Spartans etc with our eyes shut! 

Weve been away on Spanish pre Season training camps. The EK players were prob working until 2pm today

Edited by Big Yards

4 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I don’t think the players really feel the season has started, all these games have had an atmosphere of preseason about them ( trialists , youth players) the prices (£12) kind of promote that impression. 

I am not worried at present as I think we will strengthen squad, however if the league started next Saturday with the same squad, then I would be looking for a refund on my ST 

this competition provided the scene for our greatest day in the last 32 years

This is a competition that matters and we are out.  Enough of this pre-season  pish, more successful teams are starting their season in the Europa league and we are starting our's in the league cup.  if we aspire to move to the next level then we need to do better at this one from day one.

We should be doing so much better, I think that Goodwin is not the best appointment but will  be happy to be proved wrong and concede that this situation is not very much of his making.  He is a big boy though and should have seen this coming

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

This is a competition that matters and we are out.  Enough of this pre-season  pish, more successful teams are starting their season in the Europa league and we are starting our's in the league cup.  if we aspire to move to the next level then we need to do better at this one from day one.

We should be doing so much better, I think that Goodwin is not the best appointment but will  be happy to be proved wrong and concede that this situation is not very much of his making.  He is a big boy though and should have seen this coming

Pretty sure this group format starting in July wasn’t on the go when we won the cup in 2013? 

More successful teams like Kilmarnock? Out the Europa league by a part time Welsh team. I can think of loads of better teams than stmirren who have been turned over by minnows in July. 

Keep the faith, we will be fine. 

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Been 1st team squad players for ages now, youth my arse. Neither are remotely close to Premier league standard either.

Both weren’t playing or on the bench from January due to recruitment of better players in the window. They were part of the squad prior to this as there were no other options. 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

13 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

East Kilbride manager Stuart Malcolm was certainly not getting carried away with what could be regarded as a famous result for his club.

"It's still pre-season for everybody and you have to take that into consideration," he said.

"Our players are raising their game against higher opposition and there is no doubting St Mirren's quality."

I think we all agree that Goodie has come in to a club in disarray due to the shambles with Kearney’s departure, whoever’s to blame. With the greatest respect to EK, you would expect us to get a win today and our manager needs to carry some of the responsibility, as well as the players.
We won’t know the full picture of the trouble we are in until the end of the transfer window, but it’s been a really worrying start and the first few league games look ominous at the moment. Was genuinely optimistic after the playoff game survival, seeing how we could strengthen and move on with Kearney, but the wheels seem to come off and the squad looks horrendous.
I’m shocked to hear some of the players were allegedly smirking on the way off the park, especially with a character like Goodwin in charge. If he gets wind of it I’m sure heads will roll.
It feels like the club is going backwards at the moment, so we need to hope that we can get some quality in like we did in January and
things start to improve with patience. It’s seems a long way off at the moment.

It’s also embarrassing that fans think they can shout abuse at players, works both ways. Do they think the players actually go out to have a bad day, on the day we we’re not good enough to beat them. Having the cup at this time of the season (pre) is a farce IMO. All geared up for the clubs not in it at the moment to have a free pass to the later stages.

22 hours ago, Big Yards said:

Players like Erhahon, Cooke and Baird will be playing for EK soon and that’s not even a joke!

I wish people would stop saying Erahon is promising and getting played out of position..has shown nothing, absolutely nothing to prove there is any kind of player there...looks absolutely terrified anytime ball comes near him, its like a hot potato he cannot wait to get rid of....scared to take man on, scared to tackle, consistently out of position, can't cross the ball, what exactly does he offer?

Edited by gstretchuk

9 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

I wish people would stop saying Erahon is promising and getting played out of position..has shown nothing, absolutely nothing to prove there is any kind of player there...looks absolutely terrified anytime ball comes near him, its like a hot potato he cannot wait to get rid of....scared to take man on, scared to tackle, consistently out of position, can't cross the ball, what exactly does he offer?

Were you actually at the game? 

10 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

East Kilbride manager Stuart Malcolm was certainly not getting carried away with what could be regarded as a famous result for his club.

"It's still pre-season for everybody and you have to take that into consideration," he said.

"Our players are raising their game against higher opposition and there is no doubting St Mirren's quality."

He spoke very well. 

Wish him and EK all the best this season.... Except against us in any games of course. 

28 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

Great start to Monday,boys in work stuck up pictures off  Sunday papers mocking us getting beaten by east fukin kilbride on canteen notice board,couldn't even answer back..we are seriously in the shit

We didn't get beat,the score was 0-0.