EKFC v SMFC LC 20/7/19

13 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

Can I send you a pair of rose coloured spectacles? :whistle

I'm as disappointed as the next Saints Fan but the result was EK 0 SMFC 0...........A draw.

26 minutes ago, HSS said:

I'm as disappointed as the next Saints Fan but the result was EK 0 SMFC 0...........A draw.

A draw is when two teams share the points,but a do believe we got one point and they got two,and if you look at every paper etc it says east kilbride WIN on pens,so a do believe am correct and you being,he you......

3 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

A draw is when two teams share the points,but a do believe we got one point and they got two,and if you look at every paper etc it says east kilbride WIN on pens,so a do believe am correct and you being,he you......

Rephrased. The result after 90 minutes was a draw. The result after penalties was a win with a bonus point awarded to EK. 

29 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

Did the Bookies pay out on an EK win?

A game lasts 90 mins.The result was 0-0............otherwise known as a draw.

I can't comment on the last bit due to not having a clue what you're wittering on about.Can you translate plz?

1 hour ago, paul torfason said:

A loss is generally rewarded with zero points, we got one!!

I'm sure plenty folk were arguing last season that the results against Spartans & QP were victories - I'm fairly sure I was..:death

Just checked the Edinburgh City/Dunfermline result from Saturday @Eric Arthur Blair - EC certainly seem to have come a long way in 3 years, which perhaps is not surprising as they'll be the most attractive choice for P/T players in the Embra area, I'm just glad they got into the SPFL before Spartans!

Spoiler

Fuck Spartans!

Edited by Bud the Baker

13 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

have the smirkers been outed yet?

One man's smirk is another man's grimace. No point in outing anyone. The players will know it's not good enough  Pretty sure the fizzugs of the die hard fans looked less than photogenic. I have looked like a torn faced tit after most Saints games.

Edited by magnus

2 hours ago, paul torfason said:

Once upon a time, I too believed what I read in the papers.

In mid-June, 2012, EVERY paper reported the death of Rangers.

(this helpful football- related link shows a selection - https://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/the-death-of-rangers-fc-lest-we-forget-tomorrow-we-play-sevco-rangers/    ).  It was very sad for fans of Rangers.

No papers will report that death anymore.  Newspaper sales have plummeted, mostly because they are out of date, but for me it’s because they print lies and ignore the truth.  

The papers have been corrupted... But Rangers is still deid.  

Newspapers now pretend that the new club (TRFC previously named sevco) is morally entitled to the trophies won (occasionally by cheating) by the deid club, whereas most fitba fans know the only thing that sevco has won is the Petrofac cup, not bad for a new club.

Don’t blindly trust the papers.

Instead listen to... and read the posts of... older, wiser heads.  (Eg very much older and wiser, HSS)

23 hours ago, HSS said:

We didn't get beat,the score was 0-0.

I will accept it is a mute point, but the simple fact of the matter is that St Mirren FC failed to beat a non-league 5th-tier football club and we are arguing over a simple arithmetical anomaly that the wonderful SFA have dreamt up.

I'm not saying that we can't occasionally deliver up a below-average performance, but in general terms I don't think, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs or the terrible twins would have stumbled at EK. We are a full-time professional team and we should, 99 times out of a hundred, beat a 5th tier team!  (Maybe this was the 1%, but that 1% is happening too often).

We stumbled across the line last season with not very much to spare, and since that time we have weakened the squad by a significant amount. I get the firm impression that players are just not interested in coming to Paisley as; (a) we are very unstable as a Club, (b) they probably think are hardly likely to raise their profile and (c) we don't offer enough money to make them commit.

My suspicions are that as we get nearer to the deadline date we will see another raft of loaners and maybe one or two new signings after the deadline with players who have failed to find a home. Same old, same old, I'm afraid and from what I've seen so far this season, a MAJOR overhaul is required!!! 😣

6 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

I will accept it is a mute point, but the simple fact of the matter is that St Mirren FC failed to beat a non-league 5th-tier football club and we are arguing over a simple arithmetical anomaly that the wonderful SFA have dreamt up.

I'm not saying that we can't occasionally deliver up a below-average performance, but in general terms I don't think, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs or the terrible twins would have stumbled at EK. We are a full-time professional team and we should, 99 times out of a hundred, beat a 5th tier team!  (Maybe this was the 1%, but that 1% is happening too often).

We stumbled across the line last season with not very much to spare, and since that time we have weakened the squad by a significant amount. I get the firm impression that players are just not interested in coming to Paisley as; (a) we are very unstable as a Club, (b) they probably think are hardly likely to raise their profile and (c) we don't offer enough money to make them commit.

My suspicions are that as we get nearer to the deadline date we will see another raft of loaners and maybe one or two new signings after the deadline with players who have failed to find a home. Same old, same old, I'm afraid and from what I've seen so far this season, a MAJOR overhaul is required!!! 😣

So.. Go on. Spell out what you would do to remedy what you outline. 

9 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

I will accept it is a mute point, 

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I know Ricky - it should be MOOT point, not mute.

And I thought that I was the only pedant on here...

On 7/23/2019 at 3:58 PM, St.Ricky said:

The starting point would be to have a Board that is grounded, financially astute, well balanced and knows how to deal with people, not just some football folk who have maybe walked the walk as a player or a manager at some point and are considered to be above criticism.

So far I have seen nothing in the last 2 years to convince me that there is anything near that level of quality. The financial mistakes, the squandering of money, the inability to keep good Managers, and loose tongues, points me in the direction of thinking that we are unlikely to see any kind of stability, a good consistent football team or any difference in the managerial Carousel.

Is that plain enough for you?