Ayrshire Saints

EKFC v SMFC LC 20/7/19

1 minute ago, W6Saint said:

Goodwin (and the club) has also been shafted by Mr Kearney big time

I know you were never an Oran fan but I doubt that very much.

Players that Oran was on record as wanting back this season if deals could be agreed: Hodson, Muzek, Popescu, Dreyer. All 4 were decent for us last season, knew the club and the league. We're now starting again with trying to recruit a first choice left back and cover for full back and central defence options, have no wide players and are two strikers down on last season as well.

Thank goodness the chairman appointed a technical director to bring continuity to our player recruitment so that changes in management would hardly be noticed!

We have a reduced budget despite increased prizemoney and increased season ticket sales because we've had over 80 players come and go in 3 years since the chairman took over and are on our 5th manager, 4th assistant manager, not sure if we are appointing a 3rd first team coach or not.

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

For IOBS, see if you can spot the flaw in your point about us being out. :lol:

Team P GD Pts
1   Dunfermline 3 6 6
2   St Mirren 3 0 4
3   Edinburgh City 2 0 3
4   Albion 2 -5 3
5   East Kilbride 2 -1 1

You think Dunfermline will throw it away , seriously even you would not bet them doing that. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

How many chances did we make last season and this season?

You're not making things up are you?

At this stage last season we had 6 points, I think? 

No not making things up. I suppose what I am trying to say is that although results haven’t gone our way, I still feel that our performances and squad is still better than Stubbs teams performances and squad from last seasons cup games. I have no stats just my own subjective opinion from watching both cup runs. 

23 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Embarrassing to say the least can’t think when if ever we have lost a competitive match to a non league side

We didnt lose.

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Players that Oran was on record as wanting back this season if deals could be agreed: Hodson, Muzek, Popescu, Dreyer. All 4 were decent for us last season, knew the club and the league. We're now starting again with trying to recruit a first choice left back and cover for full back and central defence options, have no wide players and are two strikers down on last season as well.

Thank goodness the chairman appointed a technical director to bring continuity to our player recruitment so that changes in management would hardly be noticed!

We have a reduced budget despite increased prizemoney and increased season ticket sales because we've had over 80 players come and go in 3 years since the chairman took over and are on our 5th manager, 4th assistant manager, not sure if we are appointing a 3rd first team coach or not.

^^^^^^^ This.

An utter shambles, things were under control we were told by the ITK crowd.

I said ages ago Goodwin had one arm tied behind his back before he started, that wasn't the case I was told.

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You think Dunfermline will throw it away , seriously even you would not bet them doing that. 

Beep, beep, beep, reversing. :wink:

Who knows after todays results TBH, but you're right, I won;t be touching any games in this group......................the group of death. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Firstly, you don't know anything about me... weird.

That was as far as I got, I don't care for anything you have to say on the matter. It's been well publicised what went on and quite frankly you don't have to believe what I or anyone else knows on what went on.

2 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Firstly, you don't know anything about me... weird.

That was as far as I got, I don't care for anything you have to say on the matter. It's been well publicised what went on and quite frankly you don't have to believe what I or anyone else knows on what went on.

I don't know you but do remember your posts in the second half of the season.

10 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Doesn't matter what I think. I don't know you, or really anything other than what the mainstream media feed me. I will continue to have my head firmly in the sand and everything will be ok. 

Ok, thanks for admitting that. Have a nice night.

2 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Yet all media outlets reporting ‘EK beat St Mirren’

Glad we didn’t lose emoji2.png

The Media can report what they want.The score was 0-0.That in my book is a draw.

1 minute ago, W6Saint said:

In the words of the wise Wendy Saints...

"Nurse!!!"

You appear to have remembered a post by Wendy Saints...

Our due dilligence on Stubbs was dire, and the same could be said on Kearney's views on commuting... and on our latest signing target not wanting to leave Holland.  

Stubbs was allowed to break our transfer record of the last 20 years, and sign a full team of absolute dross.
Goodwin is having his hand held by a past it old school Scottish championship level manager and doesn't have 2 pennies to rub together

At least the team full of absolute dross made it through the group stages!

Just now, Dibbles old paperboy said:

You appear to have remembered a post by Wendy Saints...

Our due dilligence on Stubbs was dire, and the same could be said on Kearney's views on commuting... and on our latest signing target not wanting to leave Holland.  

You're taking this all a bit serious aren't you.

Stubbs was a shambles of an appointment. I agree with you on Kearney - a horrendous appointment. I'm not going to get too bogged down about an unknown dutch footballer who never played a minute in the stripes.

Next?

Goodwin should be ripping this side apart and demanding the board give him more backing. We finished in the play off spot which was the wake up call that the side was not good enough. Going into a season with the dross we have is not acceptable. Yes we have weeks left on the transfer window but the season started last week. 

3 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Apart from the 6 goals against Dumbarton!

I honestly didn’t/don’t have a problem with Stubbs, however it was pretty obvious that the team he assembled was not going to be successful in the top league. However the team that Goodwin has inherited has some players with one seasons experience in the top league, he will now have to add 5-6 quality players to this squad in order to have a fighting chance of staying up.