EKFC v SMFC LC 20/7/19

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:
6 minutes ago, Big Yards said:
Bairds got a cheek to smirk at anyone. If we actually had some decent defenders he’d be sitting on the bench 

How many goals did our defence concede today?

With the utmost respect we are a premier team, EK are a non league team.

Nothing to gloat about we didn't concede. 

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
7 minutes ago, Big Yards said:
Bairds got a cheek to smirk at anyone. If we actually had some decent defenders he’d be sitting on the bench 

So you disagree if we signed Popescu and Harry davies for instance that Baird wouldn’t be a sub? 

Edited by Big Yards

I keep seeing the manager needs financial backing from the board unless anyone is willing to dip into their own pockets to finance deals the club shouldn’t be spending a single penny it hasn’t got.
I don't think anyone is suggesting the club spend what they don't have, but they do have a budget and that's what everyone is waiting for them to dip into

So far this is the worst prepared St Mirren side for a season i can remember. Ffs even Stubbs side played better. The irony of all this is that we a technical director whose remit is supposed to be making sure we are well prepared.

please dont give me all that pony about Gus or the club being unable to do any planning until we won the play off because thats pish. They should have had a list of targets identified that they knew they could meet their wage demands, and alter it if we went down. It would appear Gus etc are more interested in jollies to Spain rather than getting players in the door.

how the f**k does signing Lyness, Andreu and Djorkaeff whose had more clubs than Colin Montgomery constitute a "MoneyBall Strategy"..?

so far the work Gus has done is embarrassing, anyone with a phone could have done it, feck even Djorkaeff was flown over here to play in trials making it even easier to look at him.

with two weeks until we start at Easter Road we are relying on under 19's to make a team. Sack Gus now and put the money into players, not more blazers!

just a reminder East Kilbride are a FIFTH tier Lowland League side. Just think what Albion Rovers could do to us!

Edited by Lord Pityme

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
9 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

So you’re happy to go into the season with just Baird, Paul McGinn and Gary MacKenzie? We have no backup CBs, no cover for Paul and no left back.

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
8 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

This was a game about two decent defences. EK set up well in defensive mode. We gave nothing away at the back.

We created chances but found their keeper in great form. He was rightly man of the match. 

Credit to EK but we can do better. 

So you’re happy to go into the season with just Baird, Paul McGinn and Gary MacKenzie? We have no backup CBs, no cover for Paul and no left back.

Apart from goalkeepers, we are not strong enough in defence, midfield or up top. Goodie will know that and so should our BOD.
I’m still recovering from the excitement of thinking we had Kyle McAllister back and on the bench for us today. Hopefully we see him back for real with some other quality arrivals.

FFS... Your mind is doing a marathon there for no reason at all. Talk about attention seeking sensationalist nonsense posting!

Of course we need to strengthen the defence.

I just stood up for Baird who was yet again slated despite keeping a clean sheet in a makeshift defence. Is that such a crime?

2 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Apart from goalkeepers, we are not strong enough in defence, midfield or up top. Goodie will know that and so should our BOD.
I’m still recovering from the excitement of thinking we had Kyle McAllister back and on the bench for us today. Hopefully we see him back for real with some other quality arrivals.

By all means we need some additions, this is where I won’t criticise Goodwin the way I criticised Stubbs (as he was making plenty of signings by this point and still failing). But my questions are why have we not yet signed anyone aside from Djorkaeff, what is Gus’ position about, and the debacle surrounding the eviction of Kearney.

1 hour ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Please see the next post where I laughed at the notion that we'll finish top, even though it's still possible.

Not sure if your post is strangely passive agressive. Up ye, if it is. Have a nice evening, if it isn't. :wink:

Honestly, you’re onto a free beer if we go through.

If we win and Dunfermline get beat we’re through.

If Dunfermline only draw and then lose the penalty shootout we need to win by 7 goals to go through on goal difference.

whit’s the odds Faraway?

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

FFS... Your mind is doing a marathon there for no reason at all. Talk about attention seeking sensationalist nonsense posting!

Of course we need to strengthen the defence.

I just stood up for Baird who was yet again slated despite keeping a clean sheet in a makeshift defence. Is that such a crime?

Actually, fair point. I didn’t realise your post was in response to a Baird comment.

In my defence I’ve been drinking since about 9 this morning, I am drunk atm and just seen something which in my mind was silly without checking the full picture.

On the plus side, it’s good being drunk atm considering that f**king result.

Actually, fair point. I didn’t realise your post was in response to a Baird comment.
In my defence I’ve been drinking since about 9 this morning, I am drunk atm and just seen something which in my mind was silly without checking the full picture.
On the plus side, it’s good being drunk atm considering that f**king result.
Fair play!
Slainte!

Be joining you very shortly!

Enjoy your night bud.

Back from what was laughingly called a game. I thought Dunfermline and Edinburgh were bad and thought I'll go today cos it can't get any worse. Oh how wrong could I be. Absolutely garbage. Slow. Predictable. Lacking in pace and Passing was shocking. These players have to wake their ideas up. If I was Goody i would have them in for double training session tomorrow Disgraceful.

8 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

Honestly, you’re onto a free beer if we go through.

If we win and Dunfermline get beat we’re through.

If Dunfermline only draw and then lose the penalty shootout we need to win by 7 goals to go through on goal difference.

whit’s the odds Faraway?

My calculator ran out of digits, sorry. 

3 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Back from what was laughingly called a game. I thought Dunfermline and Edinburgh were bad and thought I'll go today cos it can't get any worse. Oh how wrong could I be. Absolutely garbage. Slow. Predictable. Lacking in pace and Passing was shocking. These players have to wake their ideas up. If I was Goody i would have them in for double training session tomorrow Disgraceful.

But we were told double training sessions leave you drained? :blink: