Maradona Film

munoz

2 hours ago, shull said:

I remember him only for being a cheat. 

Like Thierry Henry, an absolute disgrace to the Beautiful Game. 

FECKEM. 

At Mexico 86 it was clearly Ball to Hand, Clearly to close and the ball was struck to hard for him to get his arm down  :whistle

image.jpeg.b4a2817de506478877d00a71830aa95a.jpeg

1 hour ago, chalky1 said:

At Mexico 86 it was clearly Ball to Hand, Clearly to close and the ball was struck to hard for him to get his arm down  :whistle

image.jpeg.b4a2817de506478877d00a71830aa95a.jpeg

Picture clearly shows he heads the ball......  and his hand is in a perfectly natural position as Shilton punches his elbow throwing his arm in the air.... clear penalty and ref plays the advantage rule, GOAL  :)

Look forward to seeing that. Most gifted player in my lifetime in my opinion, but a total heedcase. What he could do with a football, his speed, the vision he had, his passing and the goals he scored were all unbelievable. He also got lumps kicked out of him every game, especially compared to players nowadays. Would have achieved even more if he hadn’t gone off the rails. Too young to know enough of Pele to be fair.

6 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Too young to know enough of Pele to be fair.

Pele was a sportsman , a gentleman and at 17 was a marked man who still managed over 1000 goals. No doubt Maradona had quality but I reckon Messi is far better as is Hazard. Disgusting man in every way.  Maradona was always off the rails................... 

8 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Pele was a sportsman , a gentleman and at 17 was a marked man who still managed over 1000 goals. No doubt Maradona had quality but I reckon Messi is far better as is Hazard. Disgusting man in every way.  Maradona was always off the rails................... 

Messi possibly,  Hazard no , not yet anyway.

9 minutes ago, munoz said:

Messi possibly,  Hazard no , not yet anyway.

Its all about opinions

All have low centre and great balance , Hazard doesnt need to cheat to score

However I would argue Messi is far better, not only can he beat players he scores 40 plus a season, Maradona managed 22 goals in 2 years at Barca

The fact he cheated on the World Stage at a QF should basically have carried a life ban ( even if it was against England )

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Its all about opinions

All have low centre and great balance , Hazard doesnt need to cheat to score

However I would argue Messi is far better, not only can he beat players he scores 40 plus a season, Maradona managed 22 goals in 2 years at Barca

The fact he cheated on the World Stage at a QF should basically have carried a life ban ( even if it was against England )

I'm guessing you don't count Hazard's willingness to fall over (diving) cheating?? It doesn't matter the gravity of the game being played, cheating is cheating!!

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Picture clearly shows he heads the ball......  and his hand is in a perfectly natural position as Shilton punches his elbow throwing his arm in the air.... clear penalty and ref plays the advantage rule, GOAL  :)

He was one handy player in a number of teams. But this is a special moment against England, who by the way won the World cup some time about 100 years ago in case you did not know that...

Usual real talent, too much money and a hedonistic lifestyle - we all have views on that . . . ranging from "lucky b" to "what a waster"

Still be interesting to see what is in this film  :cheers

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

He was one handy player in a number of teams. But this is a special moment against England, who by the way won the World cup some time about 100 years ago in case you did not know that...

Usual real talent, too much money and a hedonistic lifestyle - we all have views on that . . . ranging from "lucky b" to "what a waster"

Still be interesting to see what is in this film  :cheers

My Gran thinks it was 1966 fifty five years ago, but you could be right with 100 years, as I can't find it anywhere I've had a look through the BBC world cup TV coverage I've got all the games on video dating back to 1970 and there's no mention of it anywhere,   :whistle

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

My Gran thinks it was 1966 fifty five years ago, but you could be right with 100 years, as I can't find it anywhere I've had a look through the BBC world cup TV coverage I've got all the games on video dating back to 1970 and there's no mention of it anywhere,   :whistle

If you've got all those videos then I'm pretty sure you'd have heard it being mentioned,...…. ALL THE FECKIN'TIME!

5 hours ago, DougJamie said:

By that logic Luis Suarez should have been banned for life after his handball v Ghana.

That being said his tendency to bite other human beings should have lead to a life ban anyway.

3 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

By that logic Luis Suarez should have been banned for life after his handball v Ghana.

That being said his tendency to bite other human beings should have lead to a life ban anyway.

I am not disagreeing add Henry to that list. In athletics some cheats get banned in football they get adored.... Maradona is a talented cheat