Top Four Says Tony

Just now, faraway saint said:

Utter clown and embarrassment...................

Isn't there another Tony is an eejit thread running?

I await the usual sound bites from the usual rockets. 

We've just had one. 

Nothing like a bit of ambition. If Killie can finish 3rd, then there's no reason why we can't. 

43 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Utter clown and embarrassment...................

Isn't there another Tony is an eejit thread running?

I await the usual sound bites from the usual rockets. 

Totally agree. Perhaps if he spent more time improving how the club functions eg ticketing system he might fulfil the role of a proper CEO. 

Being a CEO requires a lot of skills very few of which he appears to have. Frankly I'm fed up with him. I know he loves the club. So do I but I would be a crap CEO. 

17 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Pie in the sky Thommo is correct our budget cant compete with top six clubs. Having a good manager helps but that's what he is a manager not a magician 

Thommo would probably have said the same about scoring in a winning cup final for his heroes after beating Celtic in a semi and scoring in that one too......it can happen if only seldom

Edited by WeeBud

1 minute ago, Oldfellow said:

Totally agree. Perhaps if he spent more time improving how the club functions eg ticketing system he might fulfil the role of a proper CEO. 

Being a CEO requires a lot of skills very few of which he appears to have. Frankly I'm fed up with him. I know he loves the club. So do I but I would be a crap CEO. 

Agreed. :wink:

36 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

It is what it is with Tony. He’ll always be our biggest cheerleader.

biggest surprise is that he went through an interview without mentioning Sir Alex, how Jack Ross reminded him of Sir Alex and how Oran reminds him of Jack.

He did actually mention Alex during the full interview.

4 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Thommo would probably have said the same about scoring in a winning cup final for his heroes after beating Celtic in a semi and scoring in that one too......it can happen if only seldom

A cup win is, as I'm sure you know, much more of a "seldom" happening than achieving a top 4 finish in the league.

There should be ambition but with a touch or probability and kept between the management and the team. 

These public statements do nothing but open the door for ridicule. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

A cup win is, as I'm sure you know, much more of a seldom happening than achieving a top 4 finish in the league.

There should be ambition but with a touch or probability and kept between the management and the team. 

I agree but when you take into consideration we had to beat Aberdeen away, Celtic and Collum at Hampden and the Hearts in the final then the unlikely can be achieved. Clarke took over Killie who were absolutely doomed under McCulloch and got them to third, St Johnstone are regular visitors to the top six. No-one is saying we should permanently be in the top four or six but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t strive for it

I love the fact that we have people within the club who set our targets and ambitions high. Whether people think it's 'pie in the sky' or not, there is no point in competing at this level if you don't have ambition to strive to be the best you can.

Top 4 may sound ambitious, though this is where the club were at when Tony was playing. People are saying that the crowds and atmosphere in stands are as good as they were back 30+ years ago. Why can't we have a team at least competing top 6? Killie never had a star studded side, though they finished 3rd and their crowds are at their highest in many of years. 

I believe there are many exciting things going to happen around the club over the next 6-7 years and once we get to where we want to be with that, this should hopefully strengthen us on the park and get us back competing at the right end of the table.

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

A cup win is, as I'm sure you know, much more of a "seldom" happening than achieving a top 4 finish in the league.

Does anyone really take them seriously though? 

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

This is probably what has been circulated internally. Tony ideally wants us pushing for the treble.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

We've just had one. 

Nothing like a bit of ambition. If Killie can finish 3rd, then there's no reason why we can't. 

11 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of ambition! 

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win”

My first theory - I think the Sun being the Sun have mis-quoted Tony - He means 4th from bottom next season...

Or Tony was looking well into the future. To get from 11th to 6th will take more than a season and after that it could be a lot more difficult. However, As the budget grows, as we sell one of Gus's new finds every year for over a million, maybe's we can someday finish 4th in this league.. - But I guess Hibs, Hearts, Killie and Aberdeen will not all be at their best...

Edited by Sweeper07

The thing that annoys me, is that Stubbs cited ridiculous ambitions from the BOD as part of his demise. I actually think the press print this just to laugh at him and our club.

I play golf and I want to shoot the course record tomorrow- I will let you know how I get on :guinness

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

My first theory - I think the Sun being the Sun have mis-quoted Tony - He means 4th from bottom next season...

Or Tony was looking well into the future. To get from 11th to 6th will take more than a season and after that it could be a lot more difficult. However, As the budget grow, as we sell one of Gus's fins every year for over a million, maybe's we can someday finish 4th in this league.. - But I guess Hibs, Hearts, Killie and Aberdeen will not all be at their best...

The full interview is on Buddie Vision. I don't care if anyone thinks we will be ridiculed, I love having a passionate guy like Tony talking the club up. 

45 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Pie in the sky Thommo is correct our budget cant compete with top six clubs. Having a good manager helps but that's what he is a manager not a magician 

Our budget is not fixed in time - if we move up a few places in the table next season, we get a bigger share of the pot, following year up another place or two and so on.

We cannot truly compete on budget with the top 6 right now, and it will take some amazing improvements, but who knows - if we make the kind of steps forward like we have since January, it must be a possibility, albeit not a huge one...

I think Oran and Gus waved a magic wand in January - I look forward to seeing them have another go - this time they have had more time to hunt... :magic

Saying that if we had played all season like we did in the last 10 game or so, that we could have made Europe  :wacko:   Someone should tell him it was mostly the shite teams we played in the last 10 games  :lol:   I am assuming he must have an other book coming out soon since he wanting his face in the press again. 

2 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

The full interview is on Buddie Vision. I don't care if anyone thinks we will be ridiculed, I love having a passionate guy like Tony talking the club up. 

I am with you - better to aim high and do well than to aim low and effectively fail because of the lack of ambition . . .

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

The thing that annoys me, is that Stubbs cited ridiculous ambitions from the BOD as part of his demise. I actually think the press print this just to laugh at him and our club.

I play golf and I want to shoot the course record tomorrow- I will let you know how I get on :guinness

Will that be for the highest score on the course ?   :P