Top Four Says Tony

1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

The full interview is on Buddie Vision. I don't care if anyone thinks we will be ridiculed, I love having a passionate guy like Tony talking the club up. 

Same here. Tony was at the Club in a golden era for us when top 4 was definitely doable. Why shouldn't he believe we can do it again? Love Tony's passion and if it freaks out the likes of Stubbs and Neilson then long may it continue.

If you don't strive to be the best you possibly can at your passion then you're not really that passionate about it. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of ambition - makes a change from the West Coast negativity where only the OF matter. Let's talk up our great club a little, who else is going to do it? 

People don't like TF saying these things because 'we'll get ridiculed' - what age are you? Sticks 'n' stones and all that

2 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

If you don't strive to be the best you possibly can at your passion then you're not really that passionate about it. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of ambition - makes a change from the West Coast negativity where only the OF matter. Let's talk up our great club a little, who else is going to do it? 

People don't like TF saying these things because 'we'll get ridiculed' - what age are you? Sticks 'n' stones and all that

I am sure the ugly sisters are pishing their boots over the Buddies impending challenge ....................

We survived by the skin of our teeth, we have a complete rebuilding job in the summer and like Livi, Accies and County our aim is survival . These are facts and its got nothing to do with being ridiculed- after all- why the hell do you think the Sun printed it - because its genuine ?

7 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I am sure the ugly sisters are pishing their boots over the Buddies impending challenge ....................

We survived by the skin of our teeth, we have a complete rebuilding job in the summer and like Livi, Accies and County our aim is survival . These are facts and its got nothing to do with being ridiculed- after all- why the hell do you think the Sun printed it - because its genuine ?

I suspect Tony could be a bit more measured in his comments, e.g. He could say that we are aiming to be top 4, but in the short term we are making progress towards this goal. That work continues next season where we intend to be above and outside the relegation battle by the time the play-offs come along...

This way he speaks of our clubs ambition without doing so unrealistically in the short term . . 

Ffs he's only trying to talk the club up.  There's nothing wrong with that. If we aren't setting our sights high then there's no point turning up.

How many season tickets do you think we would sell if our CEO came out and said our aim is to finish 10th for the next 5 years.

The man's a saints legend and should be treated as such.

15 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

This nonsense always gets trotted out........better than being negative....... who's being negative? 

You're another doesn't know the difference between reality and ambition. 

It's not just Tony people are laughing at, it's our club. If that's ok with you, crack on. 

11 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Ffs he's only trying to talk the club up.  There's nothing wrong with that. If we aren't setting our sights high then there's no point turning up.

How many season tickets do you think we would sell if our CEO came out and said our aim is to finish 10th for the next 5 years.

The man's a saints legend and should be treated as such.

What a stupid post , are you 5?

Do you think Ross County will sell more STs by claiming they are going for the title 

What does being a Legend have to do with it ?

Saints are 4500-1 to win the League next season, away down the bookies- its a cert.............. 

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

What people?  Do you know them?  If not, why should you care about them laughing at anything?

Yes there are a few Ugly sister fans in here and a Ton fan, that have already sent me details of European flights for next season

9 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I shot a best ever 64 last year at Barshaw.  then got a 44 at the 2nd hole a 62 at the 3rd,  chucked it at the 4th, as I ran out of golf balls  golf fall GIF

I looked through all my golf balls and could not find a hole in any one of them - I keep getting told it is great to have a hole in one. . .

1 minute ago, portmahomack saint said:

You got got any spare am looking for a couple of hundred  :1eye

Yeah plenty - I don't hit them far enough away to lose them and when you visit the rough as often as I do, you find extras all the time...

19 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Actually - Yes because I like to take my team seriously I do care....................... as I left school 38 years ago

Stop reading The Sun.  It often twists words to get a reaction and It works.

40 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Yes there are a few Ugly sister fans in here and a Ton fan, that have already sent me details of European flights for next season

Nobody has been able to compete with one of them, when it come to being a laughing stock. 

3 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

I love the fact that we have people within the club who set our targets and ambitions high. Whether people think it's 'pie in the sky' or not, there is no point in competing at this level if you don't have ambition to strive to be the best you can.

Top 4 may sound ambitious, though this is where the club were at when Tony was playing. People are saying that the crowds and atmosphere in stands are as good as they were back 30+ years ago. Why can't we have a team at least competing top 6? Killie never had a star studded side, though they finished 3rd and their crowds are at their highest in many of years. 

I believe there are many exciting things going to happen around the club over the next 6-7 years and once we get to where we want to be with that, this should hopefully strengthen us on the park and get us back competing at the right end of the table.

If Killie can do it so can we !believe

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

You're another doesn't know the difference between reality and ambition. 

And you're another sad man who doesn't attend games yet mouths off constantly on an internet forum about matters you really don't have a clue about - you 'support' the club via social media, the papers and hearsay. Do you know we don't play at Love Street anymore?

28 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

And you're another sad man who doesn't attend games yet mouths off constantly on an internet forum about matters you really don't have a clue about - you 'support' the club via social media, the papers and hearsay. Do you know we don't play at Love Street anymore?

Anybody can support the Club any way they desire. 

Nobody is a saddo and doesn't  deserve an opinion because they don't attend matches. 

Absoulte nonsense. Nothing wrong with ambition. Lots wrong with saying its where we SHOULD be though when it's clearly untrue. 

In a cheif exec role, coming away with this is potentially harmful to recruitment. 

Can imagine targets likeTop 4 club you say? You'll be offering out wages to match likes of Hearts or Hibs then.