Top Four Says Tony

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

He could have said survival was our first target then improving from there it would have been seen as realistic instead of his utter embarrassing drivel. 

Oh FFS. Lighten up man. It's sport. Stop confusing negativity and realism. It just makes you look a right miserable bastard. 🤣

Living with you must be like having your teeth pulled out with anaesthetics.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Oh FFS. Lighten up man. It's sport. Stop confusing negativity and realism. It just makes you look a right miserable bastard. 🤣

Funny coming from you who is socially inadequate. 😜 

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I remember the days when a pint was 50 p , petrol was £1 a gallon and Tony was a half decent footballer- he is now a complete twat with statements like " Top 4"

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

He could have said survival was our first target then improving from there it would have been seen as realistic instead of his utter embarrassing drivel. 

It's time for both of you nuggets to come clean.

Did both of you form your opinion of Tony's comments from what the tabloids reported him to have said or did you do the decent thing and actually watch his full interview before calling him a clown, a twat, an idiot or whatever?

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

It's time for both of you nuggets to come clean.

Did both of you form your opinion of Tony's comments from what the tabloids reported him to have said or did you do the decent thing and actually watch his full interview before calling him a clown, a twat, an idiot or whatever?

Have you ever met Tony? 

I suspect not. 🤣

54 minutes ago, DougJamie said:
57 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

That's the point Tony did an interview on buddie vision for the clubs fans not the tabloids. Basically saying the club in his day got into Europe that Mothwell , St Johnstone, Kilmarnock can do it no reason why we cant I agree with that if we can progress. Tabloids change it to make Tony sound like a pipe dream. 

I am not going to disagree with you that Tabloids talk shite , however Tony is infamous for being always looking at the Bright side of life

And.................. would you dare challenge the Pythons?   😎    Be careful or you will have Monty after you.     😄

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Ermmmmmmmmmm he is a right miserable bastard!

Just now, faraway saint said:

Having met him, twice, I can comfortably say he does not have the skills to be a CEO of a football club.

Answer this question.................show me some proof you've attended ANy St Mirren game? 

You won't answer my question but you want me to answer your irrelevant question?

No chance.

So, in conclusion, you have spent ten seconds reading a tabloid article, assumed it's exactly correct and gone on to then heavily criticise a club legend off the back of it.

Even IOBS has watched the full interview FFS.

Just think on that for a second.....

26 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You won't answer my question but you want me to answer your irrelevant question?

No chance.

So, in conclusion, you have spent ten seconds reading a tabloid article, assumed it's exactly correct and gone on to then heavily criticise a club legend off the back of it.

Even IOBS has watched the full interview FFS.

Just think on that for a second.....

Oh dear, squirm, squirm, deflect.....................shown up for the clown you are. 🤡

You are of the opinion Tony is a competent CEO on what basis? 

Oh, I don't have Buddievision, I've based my opinion on real life, unlike you who has never been in Paisley never mind attended a football match with all those ruffians. 🤣

PS I must add Tony is a very nice man and was a decent football player. 

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

That's the point Tony did an interview on buddie vision for the clubs fans not the tabloids. Basically saying the club in his day got into Europe that Mothwell , St Johnstone, Kilmarnock can do it no reason why we cant I agree with that if we can progress. Tabloids change it to make Tony sound like a pipe dream. 

If thats what he said, then its not backed up by action as we do not have a UEFA licence, and cant compete in Europe without one!

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Oh dear, squirm, squirm, deflect.....................shown up for the clown you are. 🤡

You are of the opinion Tony is a competent CEO on what basis? 

Oh, I don't have Buddievision, I've based my opinion on real life, unlike you who has never been in Paisley never mind attended a football match with all those ruffians. 🤣

PS I must add Tony is a very nice man and was a decent football player. 

i can now see why you were binned..

Tony was very much more than just a decent football player in his day

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

If thats what he said, then its not backed up by action as we do not have a UEFA licence, and cant compete in Europe without one!

It's the stadium that doesn't have a licence. Nothing to stop Saints playing in the CL after they win the league.

So Tony says.

On 6/12/2019 at 5:15 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Some are but some are not - The Fakes not exactly ahead of us, despite being safe weeks before we were !

St Johnstone tend to release and lose less players every season and only usually sign 3-5 players - we are a dozen players down again at the start of another transfer window (about normal for the last 4 or 5 seasons!)

12 hours ago, stlucifer said:

It's the stadium that doesn't have a licence. Nothing to stop Saints playing in the CL after they win the league.

So Tony says.

If thats the case then how in feck does Dens Park qualify..?

and why do we host UEFA internationals? Scott said his influence in the stadium design insured we would be UEFA compliant..!

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

and why do we host UEFA internationals? Scott said his influence in the stadium design insured we would be UEFA compliant..!

Don't ask me. Ask the idiots  Experts who worked it out.

21 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I agree with the bits highlighted above and have been asking this question too. Just seems a bit odd.

12 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

St Johnstone tend to release and lose less players every season and only usually sign 3-5 players - we are a dozen players down again at the start of another transfer window (about normal for the last 4 or 5 seasons!)

Yes historically this is true - but unlikely to manage to continue that this season - more than 5 away for sure and a number who are aging in their ranks. If guys like Davidson have more injury issues, like he has in the past, they might not do nearly as well this season.

Of course it depends on who they bring in too . . .

If I was going to take a generous view of Tony's Top 4 comments I would put them down to Alex Ferguson's influence on him as a young player. 

Did Fergie not tell him when he was making him club captain that in a few years time St Mirren would be back in the top league and going to Ibrox and Parkhead and beating Rangers and Celtic and finishing higher in the league than the Old Firm. For a couple of seasons we did finish ahead of Rangers and finished just behind Celtic and Aberdeen in the league. In his book on leadership Fergie said that when he went to St Mirren, Aberdeen and Manchester United a big part of his job was about raising expectations and setting high standards. I appreciate there was more of a level playing field when Fergie took over us, Aberdeen and Manchester United but his legacy with us saw us have our most successful decade in the last century, Aberdeen win the league several times and win 2 European trophies and Manchester United ended a 26 year run without winning the top league and went on to win the Champions League twice and won the league 12 or 13 times in the 20 seasons after winning the league for the first time in decades.

Fergie developed a winning mentality and got his club to achieve beyond what the pundits, fans and players at his clubs first expected.

If Tony's comments are tapping into Fergie's philosophy and methodology and trying to raise expectations among the coaching staff and players then that's all well and good. Tom English is 100% welcome to sneer all he likes if we celebrate a 4th place finish but if we ever did finish in a similar position to Kilmarnock and finish ahead of Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts he'd look a lot more foolish than Tony Fitzpatrick in those circumstances.

People often laughed at the positivity of Danny Lennon's interviews but Danny had a few moments in the sun with a cup win and a few 8th placed finishes.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think Tony (feckin great name btw) might be clouding the issue slightly there. Especially if we are hosting international games?

Looking into the stadium criteria you start to see the sort of mentality of those in charge.

i.e.

5.07 The area immediately adjacent to the field of play must be safe for players and referees. All pitch-side equipment and associated structural elements must be positioned so that they pose no danger to the players, coaches or match officials (as set out in Annex B, space permitting).

Which seems ok until you see the annexe which appears to set out FOUR metres between pitch and stand.

9.01 Flagpoles: Five positions for flags to be flown.

Why? 

10.01 Rooms for players/officials: WiFi in dressing rooms.

Why? Do they expect the game to be so boring they'll need facilities for on line gaming?

22.02 The minimum requirements for sanitary facilities;

a. 1 seated toilet per 250 men; b. 1 urinal per 125 men; c. 1 seated toilet per 125 women.

How do you work this out? Do you assume an all women crowd?

25.02 VIP seats must be covered and located, in the main stand, between the two 16m lines, as close to the halfway line as possible.

And

25.03 Stadiums must be equipped with a dedicated hospitality area for VIP guests, which is easy to access from the VIP seats.

While it's good to attract "celebrities" who may raise the profile of the club you have to ask why is it mandatory?  Do they think these people deserve better than the rest of us?

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Looking into the stadium criteria you start to see the sort of mentality of those in charge.

i.e.

5.07 The area immediately adjacent to the field of play must be safe for players and referees. All pitch-side equipment and associated structural elements must be positioned so that they pose no danger to the players, coaches or match officials (as set out in Annex B, space permitting).

Which seems ok until you see the annexe which appears to set out FOUR metres between pitch and stand.

9.01 Flagpoles: Five positions for flags to be flown.

Why? 

10.01 Rooms for players/officials: WiFi in dressing rooms.

Why? Do they expect the game to be so boring they'll need facilities for on line gaming?

22.02 The minimum requirements for sanitary facilities;

a. 1 seated toilet per 250 men; b. 1 urinal per 125 men; c. 1 seated toilet per 125 women.

How do you work this out? Do you assume an all women crowd?

25.02 VIP seats must be covered and located, in the main stand, between the two 16m lines, as close to the halfway line as possible.

And

25.03 Stadiums must be equipped with a dedicated hospitality area for VIP guests, which is easy to access from the VIP seats.

While it's good to attract "celebrities" who may raise the profile of the club you have to ask why is it mandatory?  Do they think these people deserve better than the rest of us?

We've defo got the flag poles! Scott was crowing about that. And as far as  i can see there we got the rest covered. So mibbaes not the ground at all, but issue or issues not connected to the stadium layout?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

We've defo got the flag poles! Scott was crowing about that. And as far as  i can see there we got the rest covered. So mibbaes not the ground at all, but issue or issues not connected to the stadium layout?

Not sure we'd meet 22.02 if we had to assume 8,000 females, (ETA: Obviously I'm guessing! 😮 ), but there may be less controversial regs that we don't meet criteria for as those rules I highlighted were only a small number and the ones I felt were totally unnecessary. 

Edited by stlucifer

59 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Not sure we'd meet 22.02 if we had to assume 8,000 females, (ETA: Obviously I'm guessing! 😮 ), but there may be less controversial regs that we don't meet criteria for as those rules I highlighted were only a small number and the ones I felt were totally unnecessary. 

22.02. What about all them bushes in the car park?