Top Four Says Tony

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Not sure we'd meet 22.02 if we had to assume 8,000 females, (ETA: Obviously I'm guessing! 😮 ), but there may be less controversial regs that we don't meet criteria for as those rules I highlighted were only a small number and the ones I felt were totally unnecessary. 

The taller ones can squat over the urinals. :wink:

22 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It's time for both of you nuggets to come clean.

Did both of you form your opinion of Tony's comments from what the tabloids reported him to have said or did you do the decent thing and actually watch his full interview before calling him a clown, a twat, an idiot or whatever?

This the same Tony Fitz misquoted that said we would be Premiership Champs in 2019 ?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36559890

He has actually lowered his sights :P My opinion was already formed- the new article merely confirms

Edited by DougJamie

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

This the same Tony Fitz misquoted that said we would be Premiership Champs in 2019 ?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36559890

He has actually lowered his sights :P My opinion was already formed- the new article merely confirms

What is it about you and FS that neither of you can answer a simple f**king question? 🤣

This thread has as with so many descended into a vitriol of abuse between the chosen few who have plenty to say about each other but little concerning football or st mirren. Tony is over the top and over ambitious but who really cares?? A quality coach that we can hold onto for a number of years, with an eye for a player without relying on lots of cash, and a consistently productive academy system will produce regular top 6 results and the real possibility of a Kilmarnock esque season. St Johnstone have shown us this over many seasons, Clarke at killie has shown how a good coach can create a genuinely competitive side, our away support has demonstrated what we can contribute to Scottish football. Will it happen? Probably not, but what's the harm in dreaming big??

• 2 weeks later...

Tony acting the idiot yet again. Should have stayed on holiday. Why would anyone want to manage us with him spouting drivel in the background. I'd love to be well up the league but let's not beat ourselves with a rod of our own making. Tony  should concentrate on doing his own duties to the highest standard which he hasn't done as far as I can see. Leave Jim to manage without needless pressure. 

19 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's hilarious how Tony's comments provoke such a negative reaction from people who I guarantee are risk averse in life.

Calm down guys. It's only football. A little ambition never killed anyone. :lol

Dear oh dear, an absolute outrageous post.............................guarantee. :lol:

As someone who was prepared to take a generous view of Tony's earlier pronouncements I think it is bad timing to come out with the aiming for the top 6 quotes. Goodwin hasn't even met the squad yet and we still have a few signings to make. I think most fans would agree with Tony we should be aiming to try and make the top 6 and he is right that other small provincial clubs have made the top 6 (most of the examples he mentioned are now Championship clubs) and there should be no reason why St Mirren shouldn't aim to break into the top 6 and reach that level from time to time. Most of the clubs Tony mentioned as Top 6 finishers also made the Top 6 at a time when Rangers had been liquidated and RIFC were in the lower leagues and Hibs and Hearts had been relegated and Aberdeen had been inconsistent and often finished in the bottom 6. It's now a lot harder for the smaller provincial clubs to make the Top 6 unless Celtic, RIFC, Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts have a really bad season - they are all significantly financially better off than Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, St Mirren, Hamilton, Livingston, Ross County, Inverness, Partick Thistle etc. 

I do find it a bit worrying that after staying up on a penalty shoot-out in the play offs that Tony has said Jim Goodwin would not have been appointed if he said the aim would be to avoid relegation next season. I think most fans would settle right now for avoiding relegation and the play-off and seeing 10th or better as an improvement, and if we can stablisise the club and consolidate and improve each season for a few years that would be the time to start publicly talking about the top 6.

When the fixture list came out, bearing in mind how last season panned out, and given the amount of signings still to be made, there aren't any easy games - Ross County comfortably finished ahead of Dundee United last season and won't be push-overs. I would hate to think that if we had a slow start or were still signing players at the end of the window and looking at free agents after that, that the new manager could already be under pressure to be in contention for the top 6 this season.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Him and GS have absolutely fu#k all to say about the Ticket and Oran Kearney shambles but the last 24 hours they suddenly have plenty to say.
Completely agree Ronnie. It bothers me that TF heeps pressure on the manager just days after he's in the job. It's great having ambition, but this is not helpful.

Jim Goodwin will know all about Tony and his ambition and enthusiasm for the club and wont feel any added pressure IMO. The most pleasing aspect of it all is that Tom English is absolutely furious with Fitzy, who must have been pumping his wife!!!

With Sevco and Celtic corrupting the League with their sectarian income we should always be aiming to finish third. 

If we don't strive for third then there is no point in participating and taking good money from supporters. 

There might be a relative financial gap between Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and us but  a good fecking manager can make up the difference. 

Fitzpatrick is spot on. 

Leave him alone and ignore the sectarian loving media. 

20 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Him and GS have absolutely fu#k all to say about the Ticket and Oran Kearney shambles but the last 24 hours they suddenly have plenty to say.

OK; not sure where to begin, perhaps they are being diplomatic and "Him" should really be He since it is in a subjective position and "Him" is an objective pronoun.  Also why absolutely f**k all and not definitely f**k all or even potentially f**k all, why not simply f**k all?  Oh! and you misspelled f**k as well. 😎