Top Four Says Tony

11 minutes ago, Paisleyporridge said:

I’m turning into a parasite from today. Just using the site now for news. Thanks for that. Some of you guys are great, but there’s also too many arseholes that I can’t be arsed arsing around with. 

I agree.

Especially the two on this Thread who spent last night with their heads up each others arseholes.

Aren't they so fecking masterful ? :byebye

25 minutes ago, Paisleyporridge said:

I’m turning into a parasite from today. Just using the site now for news. Thanks for that. Some of you guys are great, but there’s also too many arseholes that I can’t be arsed arsing around with. 

You, unfortunately, got into a never ending exchange with smartyfarty.

It's like talking to a revolving door, I gave up trying with him years ago.

The forums a bit of a struggle right now as there's nothing worth talking about on the football front.

That'll change when we start signing all the great players that are still available. :wink:

13 hours ago, Paisleyporridge said:

I think the jury is very much out on our prospects:

Reasons to be cheerful:

We have manager who has strong affinity with the club, some proven management ability and deep knowledge of Scottish football. 

Our squad should have a bit of a feel good factor having survived and done well in the last 10 games or so of the season. 

Some players look like they have stepped up to Premiership level. Mullen, Cooke, Flynn come to mind. And Magennis should be back to full effectiveness. Mackenzie too, if he can stay fit.

BUT. our manager is unproven at this level and there is a heck of a lot of work to be done to supplement the squad before season starts.  We have thrown the dice in all of the last three transfer windows. It worked for Jack. It failed for Stubbs (admittedly his judgement was poor). It worked for Oran, just. It feels like we are about to throw the dice again to recruit another 6 or 7 players to make up the squad-perhaps with another throw in January.

All in all, I am not optimistic for the coming season.  I think we have one dice throw left to secure a chance at stability in this league. 50/50 I’d say of surviving/getting relegated. 

Good post forum friend.

I was nodding away as I read it (whilst avoiding the childish nonsense that was going on in other posts around it) and we agree on everything until that last line.   That last line that I have conveniently highlighted in BOLD for the convenience of you and others.

Being a fan of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co first team playing squad for me requires some optimism, admittedly at times blind optimism but optimism nonetheless.

If one considers where we were at this time last year I would say our squad is ahead in terms of playing staff.  We have a damn good goal keep and a back up for said goal keep.  With Mr Popescu having signed on we are starting the season with quality at the back and with the young Mr Baird and the hero that is Gary Mack committed to our cause the centre half positions  are for once not giving cause for concern (of course we have thingmie Heaton as well, he can clean Popescu's boots or something). 

Paul McGinn appears to have "come of age" and I am sure he has a good season ahead.  Young Kyle Magennis will be like a new signing such was his absence(s) last term, Danny Mullen has established himself as a hard working goal scorer fit to don the stripes (a cult hero in the making), Cody Cooke has went from lump of wood to "get Cody oan", Ryan Flynn has endeared himself to the West bank with some lovely displays, Cammy MacPherson and Ethan Erhahon are a year older and a year more experienced and are poised to saunter into the team with a swagger, Stephen McGinn has some recovery ahead but all in all we have the backbone of an exciting squad. 

What we don't have is Cole Kpekewa in the centre of defence illustrating that you do not need to be able to kick a football, head a football, position oneself properly and in essence be able to play football in order to bag a 2 year contract,  we don't have Jeff King, Matty WiIllock, Hayden Coulson (to be fair he was half decent) and the others whose names now escape me. 

All in all, I am optimistic for the coming season.  I agree we have to throw the dice to secure a successful season, survival no longer the issue, the challenge is building around this core of players and letting them flourish.

Flourish boys, flourish indeed. 

Hopefully Mullen sticks to playing football and quits the fecking cheating with him diving all over the pitch when somebody breathes on him not. 

If not, he can get booted out our Club. 

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

If one considers where we were at this time last year I would say our squad is ahead in terms of playing staff.  We have a damn good goal keep and a back up for said goal keep.  With Mr Popescu having signed on we are starting the season with quality at the back and with the young Mr Baird and the hero that is Gary Mack committed to our cause the centre half positions  are for once not giving cause for concern (of course we have thingmie Heaton as well, he can clean Popescu's boots or something). 

I have conveniently highlighted in BOLD for your convenience. :lol:

Hopefully Mullen sticks to playing football and quits the fecking cheating with him diving all over the pitch when somebody breathes on him not. 
He is not any worse than all the other cheating pansys that pollute football these days.

1 minute ago, elvis said:
1 hour ago, shull said:

He is not any worse than all the other cheating pansys that pollute football these days.

All Jessie Cnuts. 

8 hours ago, shull said:

We'll let you know.

WWF!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2019 at 9:13 AM, TediousTom said:

Good post forum friend.

I was nodding away as I read it (whilst avoiding the childish nonsense that was going on in other posts around it) and we agree on everything until that last line.   That last line that I have conveniently highlighted in BOLD for the convenience of you and others.

Being a fan of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co first team playing squad for me requires some optimism, admittedly at times blind optimism but optimism nonetheless.

Paul McGinn appears to have "come of age" and I am sure he has a good season ahead.  Young Kyle Magennis will be like a new signing such was his absence(s) last term, Danny Mullen has established himself as a hard working goal scorer fit to don the stripes (a cult hero in the making), Cody Cooke has went from lump of wood to "get Cody oan", Ryan Flynn has endeared himself to the West bank with some lovely displays, Cammy MacPherson and Ethan Erhahon are a year older and a year more experienced and are poised to saunter into the team with a swagger, Stephen McGinn has some recovery ahead but all in all we have the backbone of an exciting squad. 

What we don't have is Cole Kpekewa in the centre of defence illustrating that you do not need to be able to kick a football, head a football, position oneself properly and in essence be able to play football in order to bag a 2 year contract,  we don't have Jeff King, Matty WiIllock, Hayden Coulson (to be fair he was half decent) and the others whose names now escape me. 

All in all, I am optimistic for the coming season.  I agree we have to throw the dice to secure a successful season, survival no longer the issue, the challenge is building around this core of players and letting them flourish.

Flourish boys, flourish indeed. 

What are you on??!!

Just get players in to support Jim Goodwin bloody hell. Additions could come in to late to join a squad that is already in the dumps. Shocking Goodwin is not being supported to get in who he wants.  Patients is one thing taking the piss out Goodwin is quite another. Deeply disappointed the budget clearly is not what it should be thanks to 80 odd players plus management changes. Thing is we have brought in a tidy sum of money which is gone with the wind it seems. We all make mistakes but this is on a hole different level. Accounts should reveal how good / bad things are.