Who should we be looking to sign?

Who should we sign?   With suggestions that Mihai Popescu could be bought now for less than first mentioned. Would he be the priority?

Gary Mac re signed?

Ross McCrory being touted by Rangers as their future Captain material but are hinting he go on loan for a short term.  Should we show interest?

Stelios now looking for a Club and free agent. 

Add your wants to the post.  (Might save time if we refrain from any obvious out of our range players.)

29 minutes ago, bigles said:

Who should we sign?   With suggestions that Mihai Popescu could be bought now for less than first mentioned. Would he be the priority?

Gary Mac re signed?

Ross McCrory being touted by Rangers as their future Captain material but are hinting he go on loan for a short term.  Should we show interest?

Add your wants to the post.  (Might save time if we refrain from any obvious out of our range players.)

I was taking this seriously until this. :lol:

12 hours ago, bigles said:

Gary Mac re signed?

Mihai will most likely be back - MacKenzie will most likely re-sign but we do need another CB or if Muzek re-signs, we know that he can cover there. McCrory would not be a terrible option, but would depend on how much we were paying for him - is it the best use of our budget?

Stelios - NO NAE NEVER - did a job for us at a lower level, but not good enough.

We need the next Van Basten, but someone not well known yet and ready to explode onto the scene.

We also need the next Kevin De Bruyen as above.

We need the next Hladky too . . .

Finally the next Messi would be real handy also . . .

Come on Gus and Oran - get them tied up on 10 year deals with purchase clauses of at least £25, 000,000

Craig Conway is out of contract at Blackburn, think he would be a good signing

A few players like him and Jamie Ness out of contract from Plymouth are about the level we should be looking at

Edited by Doakes

6 minutes ago, Doakes said:

A few players like him and Jamie Ness out of contract from Plymouth are about the level we should be looking at

Conway is 34 years old and only played about 1/2 their league games last season - decent pro when he was younger but not one for us -no thanks!

Ness played slightly more than 1/2 their league games last season, but got 1 goal from midfield - doesn't that just  fill you with enthusiasm. Don't get me wrong a fabulous defensive midfielder would be great - but Ness is not this . . .

We need guys who are hungry and talented - we want to improve . . .

11 minutes ago, Doakes said:

I was reading an article about him leaving Blackburn and he said he's looking to stay down there as he doesn't want to uproot his family.

Just gotta hope big Gary mac doesn't do what he has done last 2 years and sign contract then go sick for most of season then come back with 2 months to go when new contracts getting handed out,and hope we dont hear usual shit about cannot get signings in until big teams sort out squads n have to wait till end of August when every other team has done so,and season starts August 3rd so want to be ready to fo from start,not the usual scrapping the bottom of barrel players,so fingers crossed and hopefully proving wrong!!!!!

1 minute ago, paul torfason said:

Just gotta hope big Gary mac doesn't do what he has done last 2 years and sign contract then go sick for most of season then come back with 2 months to go when new contracts getting handed out,and hope we dont hear usual shit about cannot get signings in until big teams sort out squads n have to wait till end of August when every other team has done so,and season starts August 3rd so want to be ready to fo from start,not the usual scrapping the bottom of barrel players,so fingers crossed and hopefully proving wrong!!!!!

With you on this. I think this will be his last season with us either way, but for what we have paid out in wages, he owes us big style this next season... Great player when he is fit and on his game though...

You can hope for this, but I suspect there will be some of this every year for us, it is a fact especially when it comes to loan players... however, Gus and Oran have been in contact with some strong players - will it / won't it work out? It won't for some, but here's hoping it works our for some very decent ones . . .  :ninja

Double Dutch... foreign talent come on down . . .

55 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Conway is 34 years old and only played about 1/2 their league games last season - decent pro when he was younger but not one for us -no thanks!

Ness played slightly more than 1/2 their league games last season, but got 1 goal from midfield - doesn't that just  fill you with enthusiasm. Don't get me wrong a fabulous defensive midfielder would be great - but Ness is not this . . .

We need guys who are hungry and talented - we want to improve . . .

Guys like Flynn, Stephen McGinn, Hammill have all came from a similar level... 

4 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Guys like Flynn, Stephen McGinn, Hammill have all came from a similar level... 

It is not the level they are coming from that I have adjected to, it is these two - I don't think either are what we need...

Flynn, McGinn and Mackenzie have all done a job for us, but longer term and as they age, we need better than them too...

Let's wait and see who we sign...:ninja

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I was reading an article about him leaving Blackburn and he said he's looking to stay down there as he doesn't want to uproot his family.

He is the type of player that could make an impact if we could tempt him to Paisley IMO. Grew up in Irvine...

Just now, Sweeper07 said:

It is not the level they are coming from that I have adjected to, it is these two - I don't think either are what we need...

Flynn, McGinn and Mackenzie have all done a job for us, but longer term and as they age, we need better than them too...

Let's wait and see who we sign...:ninja

Isn't the thread title - "Who should we be looking to sign?" :ninja

I have no idea if Kearney would fancy those players, but I'd say that's the level we should be looking at. (as well as guys from Eastern Europe like Popescu/Hladky)

Who would you like us to sign?

4 minutes ago, Doakes said:

He is the type of player that could make an impact if we could tempt him to Paisley IMO. Grew up in Irvine...

Don't agree. 34 year old wingers aren't by and large of much use anymore.

Guys like McGinn, Flynn and Hammill were all in their late 20s when they came to us. A guy in his mid 30s in a position that requires speed and agility isn't what I'd be looking for.

Just now, Doakes said:

Isn't the thread title - "Who should we be looking to sign?" :ninja

I have no idea if Kearney would fancy those players, but I'd say that's the level we should be looking at. (as well as guys from Eastern Europe like Popescu/Hladky)

Who would you like us to sign?

I am not knocking you here Doakes. I like the fact that when Muzek, Popescu and Hladky came in January, not very many of us had heard of them AND that they turned out to be really good additions.

Gus has been scanning the European circuit for others in the same vein - mainly because the English market is too pricey and we want decent guys that can be lured to us within our budget constraints... e.g. We could not compete financially with Gillingham over Hodson.

So no names from me for now - what I am saying is I think we will likely sign some folk we have never heard of again.  However, I am definitely not knocking you or anyone else making suggestions - then we can all fire in our opinions on them and debate what we believe that we need etc. and whether any of the suggestions are good enough in our opinion. The reality only comes out in the wash though...

Hoping next week we start to tie-up additions and build the squad for 2019/2020 (The year of Vision)   :magic 

For me, most eye catching (realistic) Scottish/Former Scottish based freebies currently in England are:

Paul Caddis from Bradford
Stephen Hendrie from Southend
Paul Coutts from Sheff Utd
Jack Grimmer from Coventry
Graham Carey from Plymouth

Edit:These are all expiring according to Transfermarkt - they may or may not have signed extensions or pre-contacts elsewhere.

Edited by djchapsticks

16 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I am not knocking you here Doakes. I like the fact that when Muzek, Popescu and Hladky came in January, not very many of us had heard of them AND that they turned out to be really good additions.

Gus has been scanning the European circuit for others in the same vein - mainly because the English market is too pricey and we want decent guys that can be lured to us within our budget constraints... e.g. We could not compete financially with Gillingham over Hodson.

So no names from me for now - what I am saying is I think we will likely sign some folk we have never heard of again.  However, I am definitely not knocking you or anyone else making suggestions - then we can all fire in our opinions on them and debate what we believe that we need etc. and whether any of the suggestions are good enough in our opinion. The reality only comes out in the wash though...

Hoping next week we start to tie-up additions and build the squad for 2019/2020 (The year of Vision)   :magic 

I'm up for another four or five eastern European players joining us and Musek and Popescu getting signed up on two year deals .

Add to that three or four decent loan signings and I,ll be very happy .