Who should we be looking to sign?

Don't agree. 34 year old wingers aren't by and large of much use anymore.
Guys like McGinn, Flynn and Hammill were all in their late 20s when they came to us. A guy in his mid 30s in a position that requires speed and agility isn't what I'd be looking for.

Chris Burke doing not bad at Kilmarnock

1 hour ago, Mearns Saint said:

Chris Burke doing not bad at Kilmarnock

He is. There are always exceptions. Gary Teale did quite well with us also at the tail end of his career. 

With these cases, the odds of a winger still being at a good level in that position into his mid 30s isn't great. 

Even look at Ryan Flynn, most agree that at 30, he's not really got the legs to be a winger any more so has moved into the heart of midfield to great effect. 

Edited by djchapsticks

16 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Have you setup an auto correct rule that automatically capitalises that word?

No simply my mistake - I tend to give God a capital H when I am speaking about Him, so sometimes the fingers go there when I am typing...Apologies for the grammar error...:cheers

Edited by Sweeper07

9 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

No simply my mistake - I tent to give God a capital H when I am speaking about Him, so sometimes the fingers go there when I am typing...Apologies for the grammar error...:cheers

You should canvas people to see if they agree.

1 hour ago, Buddymarvellous said:

How do you its a Him perhaps you could put Him/Her. 

You know that the God of the Bible is explained in the concept of the Trinity - One God in Three distinct "persons" Father (obviously a male concept), Son (likewise) and Holy Spirit often translated in the Female form - Sophia or Ruah… So even in the simplest of logic He is both - but it is a lot more complex than this, and I suspect if I canvas folk, not too many will be interested . . . 

You know that the God of the Bible is explained in the concept of the Trinity - One God in Three distinct "persons" Father (obviously a male concept), Son (likewise) and Holy Spirit often translated in the Female form - Sophia or Ruah… So even in the simplest of logic He is both - but it is a lot more complex than this, and I suspect if I canvas folk, not too many will be interested . . . 
I thought the Hebrew word was Ruach, meaning breath or wind, and translated as Spirit?

The Greek translation is pneuma from which we get pneumatic!

2 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

In a (poor) effort to drag this thread back on topic, I’d just like to say that other than signing/re-signing/extending/whatever, Popescu, Muzek, McAllister and GMac, I have absolutely no suggestions as to who we should be looking to sign.

You will go to the bad fire.  😈

In a (poor) effort to drag this thread back on topic, I’d just like to say that other than signing/re-signing/extending/whatever, Popescu, Muzek, McAllister and GMac, I have absolutely no suggestions as to who we should be looking to sign.

I doubt if we could afford the terms McAllister expects and Muzek would be a mibbe for me.

In order to grow financially you have to employ an events manager. Until then we will be at the back of the queue with our budget. The crumbs left is what we can afford unless Gus has spotted gems from lower leagues. Another way is loans. But for me everything goes back to my opening line. 

I doubt if we could afford the terms McAllister expects and Muzek would be a mibbe for me.
McAllister on loan again ? Would also take Morgan, if he'd come back.
Understand what you mean really Muzak, but apart from a couple of high profile errors he was steady and reliable, certainly as reliable as anyone else we had there.(Ekersley excepted).

14 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I thought the Hebrew word was Ruach, meaning breath or wind, and translated as Spirit?

The Greek translation is pneuma from which we get pneumatic!

It has the same root and both are used - see for instance https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/spirit/

Pneuma yes wind breathe etc...- Sophia is wisdom or grace; character attributes of the Holy Spirit too...

Agree. Sadly my (poor) attempt to bring this thread back on topic has been in vain...
You do realise that in an ironic twist, you have subsequently spent more time posting about staying on topic than being on topic, and more than my casual observation which was one post, answered in one post!
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji14]

13 minutes ago, 17/03/13 said:

Graham Carey signs for CSKA Sofia. Pity, would've been good to try & bring him back

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48599301

He did a job for us a while ago and is now 30. I remember some good football and goals from him, but also the fans moaning about him too - plenty.

I hope that we will be signing better players than him though . . .

16 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

He did a job for us a while ago and is now 30. I remember some good football and goals from him, but also the fans moaning about him too - plenty.

I hope that we will be signing better players than him though . . .

Really? 😵

Edited by faraway saint