Who should we be looking to sign?

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Plus our wages budget is about £5 - 600,000 better off this coming season...

Expect more than 4 or 5 better players coming in and a few more of last seasons post split team to go elsewhere too...  :ninja

Interesting times ahead then?  Need to get a move on we are back playing soon. 

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Plus our wages budget is about £5 - 600,000 better off this coming season...

Expect more than 4 or 5 better players coming in and a few more of last seasons post split team to go elsewhere too...  :ninja

I’d say £500-600k is pretty wild speculation. That’s a pretty significant jump as to where it is now.

Has that been confirmed somewhere? Get the increase in tv, etc, but don’t expect the wage budget to move anywhere near that.

15 hours ago, aldo_j said:

I’d say £500-600k is pretty wild speculation. That’s a pretty significant jump as to where it is now.

Has that been confirmed somewhere? Get the increase in tv, etc, but don’t expect the wage budget to move anywhere near that.

Okay, it is speculation based on where we finished this year and being awarded over £1.25 Million compared with winning the Championship previous season and having about £0.5 million in prize money and much greater crowds than had been budgeted for this past season.

Yes it won't all go on the playing staff, but I suspect that more money will be budgeted in for this season on crowd income than the very conservative estimates used in last season's budget estimates.

I would still be surprised if Hladky starts the season with us too - rubbish if he goes, but if that adds in a sizeable sum it will hopefully be more than a consolation too.    :ninja 

16 hours ago, Ethan said:

Interesting times ahead then?  Need to get a move on we are back playing soon. 

We are always anxious and being quick off the mark would ease that if we were bringing in top new players.

Reality is many players and agents hold the cards at this stage.

So much as I would love our signings to be already confirmed, I am also willing to wait, hoping that we get the right ones, and that they are keen to come to us too. (Hare and the Tortoise we hope)   :ninja

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Okay, it is speculation based on where we finished this year and being awarded over £1.25 Million compared with winning the Championship previous season and having about £0.5 million in prize money and much greater crowds than had been budgeted for this past season.

Yes it won't all go on the playing staff, but I suspect that more money will be budgeted in for this season on crowd income than the very conservative estimates used in last season's budget estimates.

I would still be surprised if Hladky starts the season with us too - rubbish if he goes, but if that adds in a sizeable sum it will hopefully be more than a consolation too.    :ninja 

If we can cash in on Hladky then it would be a good bit of business. I would prefer him to stay but the more cash brought in then the better players we can go after. We have to look at how well Kilmarnock have done. 

4 minutes ago, Ethan said:

If we can cash in on Hladky then it would be a good bit of business. I would prefer him to stay but the more cash brought in then the better players we can go after. We have to look at how well Kilmarnock have done. 

About sums us up. We are someone else's better fortune. :(   

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I just have a gut feel that our wage to turnover ratio was higher than it should have been last year given the payoffs and the cost of bringing someone like Hamill in for the short term. 

I’d be surprised if our wage budget jumps anymore than £100k.

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

I just have a gut feel that our wage to turnover ratio was higher than it should have been last year given the payoffs and the cost of bringing someone like Hamill in for the short term. 

I’d be surprised if our wage budget jumps anymore than £100k.

Will there not be any other new income also? (e.g. John McGinn money)

Add to this the fact that the following season the new deal kicks in and pays out a lot more... we won't be penny pinching hoping to survive. We will be up and away from the relegation struggles this coming season. (Albeit probably 9th, but possibly 6-8th). That means speculating a bit more than last season - In Oran, Gus and the BOD we trust . . . :magic

Guest TPAFKATS
Add to this the fact that the following season the new deal kicks in and pays out a lot more... we won't be penny pinching hoping to survive. We will be up and away from the relegation struggles this coming season. (Albeit probably 9th, but possibly 6-8th). That means speculating a bit more than last season - In Oran, Gus and the BOD we trust . . . :magic
We may have already spent some of the "extra" money digging ourselves out of last season's hole?

20 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
21 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

We may have already spent some of the "extra" money digging ourselves out of last season's hole?

We may have, but that will come out in the accounts ! Even if we did, it was surely worth it having survived and staying up...?

Guest TPAFKATS
We may have, but that will come out in the accounts ! Even if we did, it was surely worth it having survived and staying up...?
I'm just saying there might not be as much money as I'd expect we'd have gone over budget last season due to the number of pay offs, including Stubbs and Jackson.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

I'm just saying there might not be as much money as I'd expect we'd have gone over budget last season due to the number of pay offs, including Stubbs and Jackson.

Why is it folk remember all the negative things on our budget but not the positives like:-

1. We got money for JR & JF

2. We got money for Rice

3. We got money for Smith and Stewart

4. We saved on wages letting Heaton and Eckerley go out on loan (AND others too Breadner etc.)

AND the pay-offs were not full contract for the entire term - just the next 3 months or so...

I guarantee we will have a much bigger budget for players this coming season . . .

Edited by Sweeper07

We had an absolutely massive budget to play with and for David Hay to spend, back in the very early 1990's.

Elliot and many others fecked that era up. 

The less we spend the better, especially in a League we ain't gonnae ever win. 

Glad I won't be contributing another fecking penny to a corrupt cause. 

8 minutes ago, shull said:

We had an absolutely massive budget to play with and for David Hay to spend, back in the very early 1990's.

Elliot and many others fecked that era up. 

The less we spend the better, especially in a League we ain't gonnae ever win. 

Glad I won't be contributing another fecking penny to a corrupt cause. 

Does this mean that you will not be attending any matches at Greenhill Road? If so, will you he removing yourself from the forum and giving us peace? :thumbsup