Who should we be looking to sign?

1 minute ago, smcc said:

Does this mean that you will not be attending any matches at Greenhill Road? If so, will you he removing yourself from the forum and giving us peace? :thumbsup

No, just renewed my Torfason Club for another year. So as long as I behave there will be no peace. 

St Mirren will not get another penny though, directly from me. 

12 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Blah blah abuse zzzzzzz 

Did Hay spend it wisely? 

Did Fitzy spend it wisely ? 

Did Stubbs spend it wisely ? 

And there is a few more. 

Will Kearney spend it wisely ? 

Some fans want us to spend tens of thousands on a defender. 

Suicide. 

Better off part time along with most other Clubs. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Why is it folk remember all the negative things on our budget but not the positives like:-
1. We got money for JR & JF
2. We got money for Rice
3. We got money for Smith and Stewart
4. We saved on wages letting Heaton and Eckerley go out on loan (AND others too Breadner etc.)

AND the pay-offs were not full contract for the entire term - just the next 3 months or so...
I guarantee we will have a much bigger budget for players this coming season . . .
You seem to be trying to get me to argue with you. I'm not interested in doing so and I'm not disagreeing with you. For the third and final time, I was simply putting forward an observation that we MAY have spent more last season than we budgeted for at this time last year and that MAY affect the level of budget for this year.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
Why is it folk remember all the negative things on our budget but not the positives like:-
1. We got money for JR & JF
2. We got money for Rice
3. We got money for Smith and Stewart
4. We saved on wages letting Heaton and Eckerley go out on loan (AND others too Breadner etc.)

AND the pay-offs were not full contract for the entire term - just the next 3 months or so...
I guarantee we will have a much bigger budget for players this coming season . . .

You seem to be trying to get me to argue with you. I'm not and I'm not disagreeing with you. I was simply putting forward an observation that we MAY have spent more last season than we budgeted for at this time last year and that MAY affect the level of budget for this year.

Sorry if I gave you the idea that I was trying to have "an argument"... I thought it was simply an exchange on the topic about our budget...

I agreed that we may well have spent more than planned on some things - I just wanted to argue that there was other areas where we got more money than planned too.

Neither of us knows how the accounts will balance out yet . . . so time will tell...

Either way, if we spent more overall last season, I don't think it would have been by a large sum. Therefore I stand by my statement that we will have a much bigger player budget available to us this coming season . . .  :magic

We still have the same Board who squandered last season's huge budget. 

Now they boot children out of the non swearing Stand for children.... 

To make money by accommodating MORONIC SECTARIAN BIGOTS SINGING VILE SONGS.. 

10 minutes ago, shull said:

No double standards from you, eh ? 

https://www.indy100.com/article/boris-johnson-tory-leadership-theresa-may-racist-sexist-comments-8917876

So they didn't employ and sack Stubbs? 

How much money was given to Stubbs to waste ? 

Are we still paying Heaton ? 

Will we sell him for a fortune or pay him off ? 

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

No. 

Have we replaced the Panda Club with Boris ? 

You put in amazing effort for laughable results. 

Boris and Trump as leaders. 

What a double act. 

Great entertainment. 

It annoys some people, for absolutely no good reason. 

Surely some people don't actually think these two have any power whatsoever. 

Sit back and enjoy the banter, while running your own life. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

I’m going to break what has become a fairly long held stance and engage with you on this one.

Some context, for all the utter guff you spout on here, I have never once and still don’t doubt that you are a genuine St. Mirren fan and one that has loved the club like me for a longer time than we probably both care to think about.

Let’s also assume you are right about the board royally f**king up last season. Don’t you have enough faith to renew your ST in the hope that they have learned their lessons, instead of voting with your feet before a baw is kicked? If similar commercial crimes are committed, then no third chance.

i also never ever disagree with your general stance against the old firm. However I do disagree that we are supporting their bigotry by giving them both sides of the ground. I think we’re supporting them by letting them in at all. With that in mind, we are hardly alone in that respect, so if you think we’re encouraging it, then you have to accept that so is the whole of Scottish football, including all these stoic wee part time teams you revere so much. Not least the ones that were happy to bend over and take the *** dollar when they were flapping around in the lower leagues.

Give up on St. Mirren for those reasons, then you give up on the whole of Scottish football, its governing bodies and arguably the Scottish parliament. 

32 minutes ago, farmer john said:

I've been away fora while.
What the f**k is going on in this thread?

Shull just Shulling it up to the max. 

An amused crowd gathering round as he indiscriminately throws his own shite at clouds like an angry baboon. 

So aye.... The usual. 

Not just one reason. 

It's lots. 

Been building slowly since the mid 1990's.

Wasn't going to renew last season after the Raith game which was one of the biggest boot in the baws ever. 

The list is huge now, too boring to post. 

So I am so happy that next seasons budget for me is zero. 

Apart from my Forum fee because I know you wid miss me. 

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Shull just Shulling it up to the max. 

An amused crowd gathering round as he indiscriminately throws his own shite at clouds like an angry baboon. 

So aye.... The usual. 

Not angry since I conquered my serious addiction. 

Now cleansed and content. 

Giving increased discounts from now on for most Saints fans who hire my Cab. 

From 1% to 2%.

7 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
On 6/18/2019 at 8:25 PM, herman_munster said:

any chance of getting lewis morgan back on loan?

On 6/18/2019 at 8:27 PM, jaybee said:

why? were we in with a shout?

It is a big no for both !

sort of gathered that; was being slightly disingenuous .......to say the least. 😎

17 hours ago, shull said:

Not just one reason. 

It's lots. 

Been building slowly since the mid 1990's.

Wasn't going to renew last season after the Raith game which was one of the biggest boot in the baws ever. 

The list is huge now, too boring to post. 

So I am so happy that next seasons budget for me is zero. 

Apart from my Forum fee because I know you wid miss me. 

The rest of us don't need to pay to use the forum.

Div must have seen you coming.

Meanwhile, ....in attempt to pull it back towards the general topic .....
Have we missed out on Donati. With him taking the #2 @ Killie?

We certainly will now not have his connect with Owner and Manager at Leeds Utd for a start.
He is well thought of in coaching terms and was involved with the acknowledged Hamilton Accies youth set up.

I know this isn’t talking about any future signings but with a big void in any updates or other suggestions, hopefully trigger others on topic with who they’d like brought in.
With reported offers being made to Gary and Muzek are things dragging on them?
If not them who to get? I’m still hopeful on Popescu coming, but the ones at the back in contract leaves Baird and Erahon alone at the back on centre to left.
Sure we need about 8 players. Until they come, who should we go for?Realistically.

Alternative is talk more off topic stuff.

On 6/18/2019 at 4:11 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Will there not be any other new income also? (e.g. John McGinn money)

Add to this the fact that the following season the new deal kicks in and pays out a lot more... we won't be penny pinching hoping to survive. We will be up and away from the relegation struggles this coming season. (Albeit probably 9th, but possibly 6-8th). That means speculating a bit more than last season - In Oran, Gus and the BOD we trust . . . :magic

Record claiming transfer budget has been cut due to overspends of last seasons clearout.

nowhere near your £500k increase.