Needing fixed / Generate Income.

If the club wants to move forward it needs to generate Income but first a few things need fixed. Hospitality and catering. I sat at a table with friends the guy next to me wanted a whisky and half pint of beer. The waitress under orders said you can only have one drink at a time either a whisky or a beer but not both. Now our table was there to have a good time not to get plastered we are talking an older generation here. Next food which I know well given over 40 years in the catering trade. Simple put meals for a while are awful. Not a case of I don't like the dish , the dish is executed poorly on a low budget. Down at the kiosks in the stand buy a Bridie, Sausage roll, Hot dog. Never have came across such poor products in any other stadium.  Are we working to hold events ? There is an international Airport on our door step. Funerals is big business. Corporate meetings. There are events manager's out there we would do well to employ one . Ticket fiasco and renewed season tickets is still an ongoing problem why has this not been fixed ? Cant be contract as the system is not fit for purpose so contract can be wripped up. Just a few thoughts this morning.  Add yours. 

16 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If the club wants to move forward it needs to generate Income but first a few things need fixed. Hospitality and catering. I sat at a table with friends the guy next to me wanted a whisky and half pint of beer. The waitress under orders said you can only have one drink at a time either a whisky or a beer but not both. Now our table was there to have a good time not to get plastered we are talking an older generation here. Next food which I know well given over 40 years in the catering trade. Simple put meals for a while are awful. Not a case of I don't like the dish , the dish is executed poorly on a low budget. Down at the kiosks in the stand buy a Bridie, Sausage roll, Hot dog. Never have came across such poor products in any other stadium.  Are we working to hold events ? There is an international Airport on our door step. Funerals is big business. Corporate meetings. There are events manager's out there we would do well to employ one . Ticket fiasco and renewed season tickets is still an ongoing problem why has this not been fixed ? Cant be contract as the system is not fit for purpose so contract can be wripped up. Just a few thoughts this morning.  Add yours. 

Great post. Hope the Club are reading and take notice. 

22 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Well said.

Should email the club with this.

Amen.
Totally agree.

20 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Amen.
Totally agree.

Yeah, the hospitality has been dreadful from the moment UWS became involved.

I was up at hospitality at Firhill twice this year and it’s first class. En-Croute do the food and it’s a good standard, while they are bringing you another drink before you’ve finished your current one.

Too many people have been doing the job at St Mirren for a long time and invariably bring a malaise to proceedings. 

22 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Some of our hospitality tickets are given to UWS staff as well (the higher up ones). One of their responses to the Saints v Dundee United game recently was “it was a crap game”.

Would much rather see these tickets being handed to actual St Mirren fans who appreciate the occasion at hand, and not some rich fud who doesn’t follow or care for the club. I know it’s probably normal with hospitality across the country, but it did piss me off.

28 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I was up at hospitality at Firhill twice this year and it’s first class. En-Croute do the food and it’s a good standard, while they are bringing you another drink before you’ve finished your current one.

Too many people have been doing the job at St Mirren for a long time and invariably bring a malaise to proceedings. 

En-croute did ours for a while, and on the occasion I went, it was pretty underwhelming.

Hospitality hasn't been any good since we left the old stadium. the formula there was basic food, cooked well.

I know that not one of us has a clue how a football club is run (as evidenced by the utter pish regarding club finances spouted on the bigot brothers seats thread :lol), but a shake up in the commercial department wouldn't go amiss IMO.

Edited by FTOF

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

En-croute did ours for a while, and on the occasion I went, it was pretty underwhelming.

Hospitality hasn't been any good since we left the old stadium. the formula there was basic food, cooked well.

I know that not one of us has a clue how a football club is run (as evidenced by the utter pish regarding club finances spouted on the bigot brothers seats thread :lol), but a shake up in the commercial department wouldn't go amiss IMO.

Apologies if extra staff have been hired in the last few years but actually having a commercial "department", rather than just one person, would be a start

9 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Didn’t realise St. Mirren fans were allowed to attend hospitality. Old Firm packages sold before the fixtures were out this year and the Playoff Final was mobbed with Utd fans to the point it nearly caused a riot.

If St.Mirren fans were buying hospitality, then there wouldn't be any room for other team's fans.

A bit like the ground situation really...……………………...:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

In my experience, to diagnose problems like this, you start at the very top of the organisation and work your way down through the staff until you find a disconnect.

What you are describing isn't just a series of problems, it's a culture and someone in charge somewhere in the hierarchy is allowing it to happen either through incompetence or laziness. Of course the individual staff members can be apportioned some blame but this sounds like a structural problem which can only be fixed by removing those people who are creating it and replacing them with someone better.

If this is down to one or more directors then we have a real problem because replacing them is neither easy nor cheap.

Edited by oaksoft

30 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

In my experience, to diagnose problems like this, you start at the very top of the organisation and work your way down through the staff until you find a disconnect.

What you are describing isn't just a series of problems, it's a culture and someone in charge somewhere in the hierarchy is allowing it to happen either through incompetence or laziness. Of course the individual staff members can be apportioned some blame but this sounds like a structural problem which can only be fixed by removing those people who are creating it and replacing them with someone better.

If this is down to one or more directors then we have a real problem because replacing them is neither easy nor cheap.

Board level need to look into things better due diligence not just look at a paper of figures and menus . A events manager should at least be spoken to see what can be brought to the club. Some changes and fresh blood is needed. 

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Spot on with this - as a club moving up, it is about off the field affairs too. We need to be more professional and generate higher quality for the St. Mirren brand.

It is not only doable, it can be profitable also..    IOBS, any chance you could come on board and head this up?????

Just now, Sweeper07 said:

Spot on with this - as a club moving up, it is about off the field affairs too. We need to be more professional and generate higher quality for the St. Mirren brand.

It is not only doable, it can be profitable also..    IOBS, any chance you could come on board and head this up?????

Lol take that as a compliment thank you. Have no problem talking with someone even looking into it further if guidance was wanted in my field. That would be it though I put a lot of hours into my own business spare time is sparse.  

29 minutes ago, Stu said:

Going by this we have two people involved with "conferencing", which I'm guessing would cover events.

https://www.stmirren.com/club/contacting-st-mirren/club-directory

Looking down the list Web content editor did Norrie not sadly pass away ? 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint