We've Won Gold

22 minutes ago, munoz said:

For a minute there I thought that we had won something OTHER than the Renfrewshire cup... but see we are joint 2nd...

Never mind, it looks like those who manage the club are doing a great job . . .

15 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

For a minute there I thought that we had won something OTHER than the Renfrewshire cup... but see we are joint 2nd...

Never mind, it looks like those who manage the club are doing a great job . . .

Some might disagree. 

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

A bit more info in the article on the criteria and reasons for the grades would be good e.g. why were we refused a uefa licence award.

Is it not to do with financials?  I seem to remember that we needed to bung a shedload at it a couple of seasons ago with no guarantees.

38 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Your last sentence may upset a few forum members   🤣

It generally doesn't matter what you write on this forum, some agree and some don't - some get upset for all kinds of reasons too . . . (Hope my punctuation is right on this one?    (I was dying to use write instead of right and visa versa though)   :cheers

Guest TPAFKATS
Does that mean we wouldn't be allowed to play in Europe not having the license from them I know it will be a very long time before we play in European competition again but was just curious.
Strange that our national team can play at our ground but we couldn't. Actually, it's not strange, it's uefa.

Guest TPAFKATS
Is it not to do with financials?  I seem to remember that we needed to bung a shedload at it a couple of seasons ago with no guarantees.
Thanks. Could be. Poor journalism or editing.

19 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Less than 8000.emoji106.png

8000 is the number for Category 4 stadium, however the rules permit Category 2 as acceptable (which is 1500 seats). So it's not the seats bit, some of the other stuff looks a bit challenging (toilets bizarrely might be a problem around number of cubicles, and things like additional camera gantry - although that could be temporarily added).

UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations

UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulations

UEFA Club Licensing and

Financial Fair Play Regulations

1The licence applicant must have a stadium available for UEFA club competitions

which must be within the territory of the UEFA member association and approved

by the UEFA member association.

2 If the licence applicant is not the owner of a stadium, it must provide a written

contract with the owner(s) of the stadium(s) it will use.

3 It must be guaranteed that the stadium(s) can be used for the licence applicant’s

UEFA home matches during the licence season.

4 The stadium(s) must fulfil the minimum requirements defined in the UEFA Stadium

Infrastructure Regulations and be classified at least as a UEFA category 2

stadium.

UEFA Stadium Infrastructure

Regulations

III – Spectator-related Areas

Article 17 Spectator capacity

17.01 Stadiums must have the following minimum capacity (including all standard and

VIP seating):

Category

1 200 spectators

2 1,500 seats

3 4,500 seats

4 8,000 seats

17.02 At least 5% of the total stadium capacity must be in a segregated area of the

stadium (for visiting spectators).

18 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

The person who wrote that report is an idiot 😝

All tickets may have been sold but the ground wasn't full. There were empty seats near me and it wouldn't take many for the crowd to dip under 8,000.

The attendance on the BBC site was the one I listed earlier and would be the official attendance based on the number of people who turned up rather than tickets sold. The report claims it was capacity because that's what the club said at the time, but if you click line-ups at the bottom you'll see it has an attendance of 7,732: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48324854#tab-2

I'd wager few, if any, stadiums anywhere in the world have ever been full to capacity regardless of what club's claim. There will always be a few empty seats for one reason or another.

Doesn't make any difference to how many seats we have though so the stadium would be classed as category four.

Edited by Stu

23 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

The capacity got cut to just under 8000 when we correctly installed a platform for some of our supporters. emoji106.png

Cheers - lots of info out there, and I knew that I had read it was over 8000 - but had not realised it had been cut...

Does not look as if it would be too difficult to make it over 8000 once more though does it?