Rosario YFC and Coleraine

57 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Has to be a weekend I'm taking Kara to the lakes. Maggie in Spain with her mates. Shit I could have went. ☹️

No luck mate but I'm sure you'll have a ball.

After the playoffs and the almost immediate fixtures in the Betfred Cup I went in a huff over the lack of a summer break. I vowed I wouldn't be going to any games till the start of the season proper. However within 10 mins of the Ireland tour being announced the gang was mustered the ferries  and hotels were booked and we were on our way. Fecking couldn't help ourselves. As we just found out life's too short mate.

I'll no doubt end up at most of the Betfred games too but the plan is to give them a miss UNLESS we have exciting signings we HAVE to see. 

Make the most of the lakes. 

See you at the Betfred.

Think Flybe are treating this like a cup final and increased their fares as soon as this fixture was announced. Twice as much to fly from Southampton to Belfast as it is to fly to Glasgow!!!!! Over £300!!!!  I'd love to go but can't justify spending that much just to get there, so I'll use the money to get to two home games instead

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:27 AM, Gosport Buddie said:

Think Flybe are treating this like a cup final and increased their fares as soon as this fixture was announced. Twice as much to fly from Southampton to Belfast as it is to fly to Glasgow!!!!! Over £300!!!!  I'd love to go but can't justify spending that much just to get there, so I'll use the money to get to two home games instead

That seems really expensive, I've just booked my daughter and I to fly return from Glasgow for less than £100.00 each. It will be a wee bit of a rush back to the airport after the game right enough!!!

On 6/16/2019 at 10:27 AM, Gosport Buddie said:

That's a ridiculous price.

The ferry prices to Belfast from Scotland are terrible too.

I'd love to see a road bridge across that sea before I die.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The cheapest flights I could find were from Edinburgh £96 each. That's departing Friday and leaving Sunday. If you book the ferry via a bus company it's cheaper than booking the ferry direct. it works out about £65 return from Glasgow to Belfast and you can have a wee lager shandy  on the boat. There are possibly cheaper fares if you are more flexible with your times.

There's not much available hotel accommodation around Coleraine but Airbnb have a few locations.

I vowed the close season was too short and I wasn't getting involved in the Pre-season or Bet-fred pish but I'm now looking forward to this little jaunt.

Hopefully we'll have signed someone new to watch by the time we go.

15 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Driving up on the Saturday morning for the Coleraine game.  Can't be arsed with the training match on Friday night.  Do we actually have enough players to field a team?

We have 15 first team players listed on the website, plus the younger guys like Breadner, Glover etc...

And by then . . . :ninja

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

it would be a bridge that explored the outer parameters of what is conceivably possible and way beyond the parameters that any existing bridge has been built to

But nice to see you are in the same camp as the science-denying DUP.

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:
7 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Better off with a tunnel.

too much unexploded ordnance on that sea bed

Isn't the Leinster down there somewhere also?

14 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
39 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:
Fir Fecks sake be careful. All those Dutch people might drown if you outlaw Dykes.

Good point. On a similar theme, is a metrosexual someone that likes shagging on the subway?

Apart from the train spotting fetish I believe they must also wear cerise coloured shirts. (our away kit will do) and wash the dishes.

Quite a few fans going to be out of pocket if this is the case. 

Several fans have already paid for travel & hotels, Josh Magennis has paid nearly £1700 for a bus load of fans to go over to Coleraine.

Oran's rumoured appointment as Coleraine boss will apparently be confirmed in the next few days so I reckon the board won't want any issues between our supporters and Coleraine fans