Rosario YFC and Coleraine

6 minutes ago, NB18 said:

Several fans have already paid for travel & hotels, Josh Magennis has paid nearly £1700 for a bus load of fans to go over to Coleraine.

Oran's rumoured appointment as Coleraine boss will apparently be confirmed in the next few days so I reckon the board won't want any issues between our supporters and Coleraine fans

Ooft,  that's a sore one. I wonder if the club will do anything to reimburse supporters that are out of pocket? If it goes the way it looks like , its nothing less than a shambles. 

7 minutes ago, munoz said:

Ooft,  that's a sore one. I wonder if the club will do anything to reimburse supporters that are out of pocket? If it goes the way it looks like , its nothing less than a shambles. 

More importantly there's going to be mass wailing and backtracking over on the Facebook page. :lol:

(Only kidding it's more important in case anyone gets upset) 

PS If any reimbursement happens you do know there will be more seats given the Rangers & Celtic? :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

I guess if its true Kearney is heading back (or just staying at home) to Coleraine then the agreement to play the friendly which was part of the compo deal to hire Kearney in the first place could be mutually binned as part of this clusterf**k of shambles.

equally Coleraine could agree not to confirm Kearney till after the friendly, the lads can have their day out, and the players get their pre season up and running. Too much like common sense?

16 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I guess if its true Kearney is heading back (or just staying at home) to Coleraine then the agreement to play the friendly which was part of the compo deal to hire Kearney in the first place could be mutually binned as part of this clusterf**k of shambles.

equally Coleraine could agree not to confirm Kearney till after the friendly, the lads can have their day out, and the players get their pre season up and running. Too much like common sense?

Obviously as one of those all booked to go I would be pissed if this gets cancelled. (Some may argue I will be pissed even if it doesn't but that's a mute point) 

I was scouring twitter looking for confirmation of the 'Jim Goodwin, Peter Huston being a done deal' report which is apparently all over twitter. My tweeting skills are pretty non existent so I failed to find it BUT.......

I did find a list of SFA approved friendly fixtures and guess what.... Our trip to Ireland wasn't on it.  

Are there any precedents for games being cancelled like this and fans being left out of pocket? 

What the feck is there to do in Coleraine if there's no Fitba.

Be-Jeebers,  I could be really Pissed.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
pissed

53 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Obviously as one of those all booked to go I would be pissed if this gets cancelled. (Some may argue I will be pissed even if it doesn't but that's a mute point) 

I was scouring twitter looking for confirmation of the 'Jim Goodwin, Peter Huston being a done deal' report which is apparently all over twitter. My tweeting skills are pretty non existent so I failed to find it BUT.......

I did find a list of SFA approved friendly fixtures and guess what.... Our trip to Ireland wasn't on it.  

Are there any precedents for games being cancelled like this and fans being left out of pocket? 

Unless Scott has taken the huff with Coleraine as well there is no need to cancel the game. Just agree not to confirm Kearney till after the game if he does go. Works out better for both clubs and fans. And you get two hours off the swally to re-whet your whistle...

Unless Scott has taken the huff with Coleraine as well there is no need to cancel the game. Just agree not to confirm Kearney till after the game if he does go. Works out better for both clubs and fans. And you get two hours off the swally to re-whet your whistle...

Oh aye , so we play Coleraine in a friendly with Oran in the saints dugout then GLS announces the morning after that he is leaving to take up his old job .
Aye , that’ll work .[emoji849]. I can already see you and your anti GLS gang polishing the baseball bats and looking out the pitchforks for the next beating !
“Scott has sold us down the river “,” Board have taken is for mugs”, “ SMiSA shafted yet again “

IF he is going , go now. Move on .
We’ll get over it and Coleraine will simply be happy to have OK back and will be thinking St.Who ?

42 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Oh aye , so we play Coleraine in a friendly with Oran in the saints dugout then GLS announces the morning after that he is leaving to take up his old job .
Aye , that’ll work .emoji849.png. I can already see you and your anti GLS gang polishing the baseball bats and looking out the pitchforks for the next beating !
“Scott has sold us down the river “,” Board have taken is for mugs”, “ SMiSA shafted yet again “

IF he is going , go now. Move on .
We’ll get over it and Coleraine will simply be happy to have OK back and will be thinking St.Who ?

Why would he be in the saints dug out if he's gone?

back in yir cage dafty.

Why would he be in the saints dug out if he's gone?
back in yir cage dafty.

You clearly said after the game . So are you seriously suggesting we play a game against a team ,knowing our manager has left us and will be going to them after the game .... but to keep it a secret ?

Who’s the dafty ?

You really are a f**kin loonball .

20 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You clearly said after the game . So are you seriously suggesting we play a game against a team ,knowing our manager has left us and will be going to them after the game .... but to keep it a secret ?

Who’s the dafty ?

You really are a f**kin loonball .

Why is an openly known thing a secret?

i get you feel pissed that i came up with a perfectly reasonable option to proceed for both clubs and fans, but hey... its making you look silly scratching around desperately trying to find a way to feel offended by reason. Try reason, it works most times!

11 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Saints had arranged a pre-season game away to Morecambe several years ago.

They got a better offer (IIRC they ended up playing an EPL side) and we were ditched. 

ETA, here's a link to the forum posts at the time.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

Div advising supporters to check their insurance for getting their dough back for next week. Journalist on twitter saying there's more chance of him wearing the No 9 jersey for us next season , than there is of the game going ahead !

4 minutes ago, billyg said:

Div advising supporters to check their insurance for getting their dough back for next week. Journalist on twitter saying there's more chance of him wearing the No 9 jersey for us next season , than there is of the game going ahead !

Aye, but there's been no direct quotes from..........................:snore

:wink:

To be fair, what kind of mugs would we be if we turned up to play this game if Coleraine have been tapping up our manager and trying to get him without paying us compensation? 

Considering this game is supposed to be part of the package from us to Coleraine for Kearney, it'll probably tell you a lot about where the blame for the current situation lies if it does get canned.

13 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

You could look up Kitty. 

7 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Saints had arranged a pre-season game away to Morecambe several years ago.

They got a better offer (IIRC they ended up playing an EPL side) and we were ditched. 

ETA, here's a link to the forum posts at the time.

I remember that game.

Also the Bolton game from last year.

Anyhoos, with Oran's lawyers thrashing out a settlement with the club, as i said previously the Coleraine game coukd still be played if they consented to not announcing Oran (if he's their next manager) until after Saturday.

if st mirren cancel it they will still owe Coleraine as the friendly was part of the original compo deal.

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Anyhoos, with Oran's lawyers thrashing out a settlement with the club, as i said previously the Coleraine game coukd still be played if they consented to not announcing Oran (if he's their next manager) until after Saturday.

if st mirren cancel it they will still owe Coleraine as the friendly was part of the original compo deal.

Do you know for a fact we own them a game ?   And if we do, we should just play the youth players.