Rosario YFC and Coleraine

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

In your opinion. There are many occasions where a specific player or manager has increased interest and sales.

Well of course it's my opinion. It's a forum designed for that purpose.

What is wrong with you today? Cool down a bit.

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

In your opinion. 

Actually, in this instance, it's a well known fact that nobody can disagree with.

Players & Managers do come and go.

No fecking doubt about it.

1 minute ago, shull said:

Actually, in this instance, it's a well known fact that nobody can disagree with.

Players & Managers do come and go.

No fecking doubt about it.

It's typical of you and your aliases to read only the parts you want to. 

9 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Anyone buying a season ticket on the back of a specific player or manager being at the club needs their head examined

That's the opinion part.

18 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

If I was getting a full refund? I'd honestly be very tempted.

Being the optimistic fool I am I'd probably get to the ground and decide a building might fall on those bringing  ridicule to our club and turn back!

You are kidding yourself on if you are telling yourself that the deciding factor for your season ticket purchase is based on whether a PE teacher from Nothern Ireland is the St Mirren manager or not.

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

It's typical of you and your aliases to read only the parts you want to. 

That's the opinion part.

Anybody buying a St Mirren Season Ticket anytime needs their head examined.

Disagree if you dare.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Very few, if any, when ST sales have dropped in anything close to significant numbers.. 

Why do you think clubs go out looking for "marquee signings" if not to increase sales.  

While this is not in the same league there was a lot of interest in OK's St. Mirren.

IF the next guy comes in and does well, and IF the chairman doesn't throw him out, then we may all be on here saying Oran WHO? but, in my opinion, going by the noises on here, a lot of people were thinking  about whether to renew or not. The end to our season gave them hope. 

Let me try and work this out, say 200 fans contact the club for travel and board with each one averaging £200 , that’s a bill of £40000.  With just days until the early bird deal finishes I would say this is a bold move. I take it this compensation will be generated from ST sales. 

D35AA872-FF4E-4180-8274-5DA500FB17DB.jpeg

3 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

You are kidding yourself on if you are telling yourself that the deciding factor for your season ticket purchase is based on whether a PE teacher from Nothern Ireland is the St Mirren manager or not.

Firstly In what universe do you have the ability to know what my motivation is?

Secondly. It's not the PE teacher that I think made the difference. It's what the PE teacher got out of the squad of players toward the end of the season  and the thought of how much more he could get after a full pre season. It's the realisation that we would be back at square zero again that might have made the difference for some renewing. It does become soul destroying.

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Why do you think clubs go out looking for "marquee signings" if not to increase sales.  

While this is not in the same league there was a lot of interest in OK's St. Mirren.

IF the next guy comes in and does well, and IF the chairman doesn't throw him out, then we may all be on here saying Oran WHO? but, in my opinion, going by the noises on here, a lot of people were thinking  about whether to renew or not. The end to our season gave them hope. 

FFS, aye, "marquee signings" will have some effect, nothing to write home about.

What I'm trying to get across that you whining about a refund is extreme and hardly any supporters would want a refund when a manager or player leaves.

Just now, faraway saint said:

FFS, aye, "marquee signings" will have some effect, nothing to write home about.

What I'm trying to get across that you whining about a refund is extreme and hardly any supporters would want a refund when a manager or player leaves.

That'll be why most clubs try to have at least one. An extra 200 or so guaranteed bums on seats for St. Mirren would be massive. It's not inconceivable that feelgood factor could bring that about.

And I'm not whining about a refund as you put it. I'm saying the offer would be as relevant as the offer to reimburse for the Ireland debacle.  It was a throw away remark to emphasise a point. It would never happen and I know it would never happen.

It did progress the discussion though so it served it's purpose.

3 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Let me try and work this out, say 200 fans contact the club for travel and board with each one averaging £200 , that’s a bill of £40000.  With just days until the early bird deal finishes I would say this is a bold move. I take it this compensation will be generated from ST sales. 

D35AA872-FF4E-4180-8274-5DA500FB17DB.jpeg

The club are only ENDEAVOURING to compensate fans.

I wouldn't assume anything at this stage.

20 hours ago, LargsBud said:

Anyone know what the logic might be for cancelling this?

We are going to NI anyway and we are now offering to pay a fortune to fans in compo to prevent playing the game...I'm past trying to second guess what's going on 🤦‍♂️

Maybe Coleraine are far from squeaky clean in what's been going on. I take that back if they don't appoint OK as their new manager 

We're on our way. Renewed the season tickets and on the train heading for a bounce game against Rosario. I think I've lost it
Superb buddie [emoji122] Enjoy your trip

Plenty of updates please as I doubt the official page will be giving us much.