Rosario YFC and Coleraine

11 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Thought Oran wasn't making any plans to bring players in during this window according to the ITK crowd!

There is a direct quote from the man himself in last week's PDE that he isn't one for endless trialists, but one or two would be fine. :)

8 hours ago, paul torfason said:

Hence my 45 th birthday so bit pissed and cant find specs, first game a was 6 and McNamara got sent off for hibs in paisley, refused to leave pitch,year??shull will tell me

I go for 1982

We won 3-0 all goals in the first half

All headers with Fulton the first one

Stark and Somner with other 2 i'm guessing

15 minutes ago, NB18 said:

Two trialists beside Magennis.

The big lad looks like Youri Djorkaeffs son who someone suggested on here last night

No idea who the other guy is.Screenshot_20190629-142921.jpeg

Could we only be that Team 1-0 ? 

FORFUXSAKE 

The fecking size of them. 

1 hour ago, NB18 said:

Two trialists beside Magennis.

The big lad looks like Youri Djorkaeffs son who someone suggested on here last night

No idea who the other guy is.Screenshot_20190629-142921.jpeg

Is the team at the front the team we were playing against? :shockaroony

15 hours ago, paul torfason said:

Hence my 45 th birthday so bit pissed and cant find specs, first game a was 6 and McNamara got sent off for hibs in paisley, refused to leave pitch,year??shull will tell me

Only 6 years old ? I was at that game and the early/mid-80s would have been my guess.

The most memorable aspect for me was that Jackie MacNamara (senior) was red carded before half time and the St Mirren DJ managed to play a recording of the song "MacNamara's Band" (obviously MacNamara's Banned) in time for the half time entertainment.

7 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

I go for 1982

We won 3-0 all goals in the first half

All headers with Fulton the first one

Stark and Somner with other 2 i'm guessing

6th November '82 , Fulton , McAvennie , Somner , 3-0 up after 23 mins !

8 hours ago, FTOF said:

There is a direct quote from the man himself in last week's PDE that he isn't one for endless trialists, but one or two would be fine. :)

There's a direct quote from Gary MacKenzie on the official site saying his new contract was agreed at the end of last season too. I think most people would have been pretty happy if we kept the core of the team who finished the season with us and added some better striking options.

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Only 6 years old ? I was at that game and the early/mid-80s would have been my guess.

The most memorable aspect for me was that Jackie MacNamara (senior) was red carded before half time and the St Mirren DJ managed to play a recording of the song "MacNamara's Band" (obviously MacNamara's Banned) in time for the half time entertainment.

I remember that, though as a child didnt really understand the joke. 

Back on topic, Rosario sounds like a crack South American outfit, so in my mind I have envisaged us winning 1-0 in front of 80,000 partizan fans somewhere in Argentina, rather than against a bunch of amateurs in a Belfast public park. 

Sitting in Coleraine train station feeling much better than I should after yesterday. We went to the Coleraine FC open day and their chairman sought us out to thank us for coming and spent a good half hour chatting to us in the bar. He was an absolute gentleman.

We then took in the Port Stewart v New Buildings game and they looked after us. Their chairman was superb. We had a lot of drink before during and after the game. They got us a couple of taxis to get us back to our hotels and when we tried to pay we were told the chairman had prepaid them.

It seems Irish chairman look after the fans.

There's a strange concept.

31 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Sitting in Coleraine train station feeling much better than I should after yesterday. We went to the Coleraine FC open day and their chairman sought us out to thank us for coming and spent a good half hour chatting to us in the bar. He was an absolute gentleman.

We then took in the Port Stewart v New Buildings game and they looked after us. Their chairman was superb. We had a lot of drink before during and after the game. They got us a couple of taxis to get us back to our hotels and when we tried to pay we were told the chairman had prepaid them.

It seems Irish chairman look after the fans.

There's a strange concept.

Brilliant,that's the way it should be.:clapping

P.S. Was Oran at the Open Day?

13 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

No but we met his brother and sister and a few of his mates. Everyone was superb and they took care of us.

As far as gossip is concerned let's just say commuting wasn't the issue.

Perhaps you should enlighten us further. I'm sure they didn't make you sign a non disclosure agreement.