Stenhousemuir V StMirren 9 July

St.Ricky

0-0 HT. Djorkaef has looked lively and the best of the trialists. French guy on right wing looks quick and put in a couple of ok crosses, but nothing special. Big Francillette went on good run into the box and had a header on target, but keeps losing possession. Andreu has looked ok on the ball and smashed a 20 yard free kick into the wall. Hladky has looked our most confident player.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
6 minutes ago, munoz said:
What recruitment system? 

Exactly, some on here seemed to think he had a system in place after the January window. Often wonder how those signings came about. Still not sure what his role is "managing transition" was the club line.....!

Been said before,  but the Gus had hee haw to do with January.  I'm doubtful these trialist have arrived via the same source. 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

Been said before,  but the Gus had hee haw to do with January.  I'm doubtful these trialist have arrived via the same source. 

The club now only do their own dealings and dont rely on agents, so of a list of identified players, these ones must have been brought in through the same method. 

My thoughts are that of the 4 or 5 Goody is looking to bring in, maybe only 2 or 3 at most of those may have featured at some point tonight.

42 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

There's three on the bench listed at the very bottom of the sheet. They must have run out of room!

I think the smaller font made me assume they were referees :lol:

38 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Looks about 6’4” and athletic, just a bit crap at football on his showing so far.

This season’s Brock-Madsen then.

15 minutes ago, elvis said:

Everyone a f**king expert.

Not at all. 

Popescu and Hladky had several appearances at the top division in their countries before joining us. As did Tomas Malec and Filip Hlohovsky who were both unsuccessful in their trials with us. 

Tonight you have 6 guys on trial, 3 of whom not only haven't had first team experience but are seemingly untraceable on Google. The other three are Louis Longridge, Oan Djorkaeff and a Haitian International holding midfielder who has just been released from a French fourth division side. 

Suppose most of us expected new faces of similar calibre to what we managed to conjure up in January and not pissing about wasting time giving a shirt to guys who haven't done anything and clearly aren't going to cut it. It was the same at the Sunderland game last season where we handed out 3 shirts to guys who were just nowhere near the standard needed, and that was among last seasons squad at this point!!! 

Edited by djchapsticks

The club now only do their own dealings and dont rely on agents, so of a list of identified players, these ones must have been brought in through the same method. 
My thoughts are that of the 4 or 5 Goody is looking to bring in, maybe only 2 or 3 at most of those may have featured at some point tonight.

You think guys of this standard have been "identified". Get real this is trialist tombola. No way we have spotted guys who have literally no experience at any decent level. Longridge ffs I'd be pissed signing him for the Championship. All that is left is basically the pre Jan squad plus the keeper not a shred of the quality we have all seen is required.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
21 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

You think guys of this standard have been "identified". Get real this is trialist tombola. No way we have spotted guys who have literally no experience at any decent level. Longridge ffs I'd be pissed signing him for the Championship. All that is left is basically the pre Jan squad plus the keeper not a shred of the quality we have all seen is required.

There have been plenty players in the past who have come from no experience to turning out well. You can't just dismiss a players ability  because you have had a wee look online at his stats.

2 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

There have been plenty players in the past who have come from no experience to turning out well. You can't just dismiss a players ability  because you have had a wee look online at his stats.

I agree but you'd be feeling more confident if prospective players had some sort of reasonable experience.

It's not a science but players who've played at a decent level and standard would be a better bet to turn out well. 

5 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Whilst I agree, it's 100% not the correct strategy to go 'right let's bring a bunch of foreign young lads with no experience over and see if anything sticks' 

At this point we should be focusing on adding 5 players we know likely will be good and we've no real need to give a trial to. If there's room later on in the window, then add your filler. 

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
29 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Andreu at least gives us a goal threat. 

Whilst I agree, it's 100% not the correct strategy to go 'right let's bring a bunch of foreign young lads with no experience over and see if anything sticks' 
At this point we should be focusing on adding 5 players we know likely will be good and we've no real need to give a trial to. If there's room later on in the window, then add your filler. 

Hasn’t he already said he’s he’s got gus and co working on deals to get his targets in.

We don’t have any friendlies later on in the window to have a look at players zero harm in giving players a run out and having a look at them the now.

Right.........

I KNOW pre season friendlies are literally meaningless.

I KNOW that players are still getting up to speed,,,,

BUT,

surely to f**k it is slightly worrying when a squad that comprises generally our “top boys” with a few unknowns chucked in, need a penalty kick to beat a Belfast pub team and are struggling to beat Stenhousef**kingmuir.