Scottish Teams In Europe

shull

Can't be long before they're back where they belong. Older viewers will recall the non financiallly doped version of Killie bumming around the diddy leagues for years, playing in front of one man and his dog, and being hit for six, seven and even eight a couple of times when they were in top league, and that was without a dominant old firm to carry out the thrashings.

Guest TPAFKATS
Killie look like they've just endured their equivalent of our Ha*****y nightmare!!!  Arguably worse!
Much much worse than anything we endured in Europe.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Oh FFS :lol

Could you be any less sincere?

Strange as it might seem - I am being genuine.

In the past I have gone to watch Saints, Dundee United, Celtic, Rangers and Dunfermline playing in Europe.

I wanted none of these to lose or be embarrassed (especially SMFC obviously)

Local rivalries are fine for local games between teams.

But - each to their own.

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Strange as it might seem - I am being genuine.

In the past I have gone to watch Saints, Dundee United, Celtic, Rangers and Dunfermline playing in Europe.

I wanted none of these to lose or be embarrassed (especially SMFC obviously)

Local rivalries are fine for local games between teams.

But - each to their own.

Oh come on! :lol

46 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

HSS

I remember the "H" Night - It was and still is a night to (try to) forget.

Wouldn't wish that on any fans in Scotland.

Dont you think it funny that the Billy Big Bawz Killie fans booked up for Belgrade before they qualified? 🤣

I find it absolutely hilarious every time Sevco and Celtic lose a match. 

Actually hurt myself laughing too much in the 1990's when Walter's Worldbeaters were getting humiliated in Europe.  

They were getting funded to win the Champions League and in truth were getting humped by everybody including the likes of Auxerre and Grasshoppers among many more. 

A great era.

Ha ha ha ha ha Them, Sevco and Celtic.  

This sort of pantomine behaviour needs to be consigned to the past. I just love the fact that we are encouraged to welcome visiting fans and thank them for attending. Grown up behaviour. Doesn't diminish my desire to beat them by one iota.

Just now, St.Ricky said:

This sort of pantomine behaviour needs to be consigned to the past. I just love the fact that we are encouraged to welcome visiting fans and thank them for attending. Grown up behaviour. Doesn't diminish my desire to beat them by one iota.

Oh no it doesn't............

22 hours ago, The77s said:

Killie look like they've just endured their equivalent of our Ha*****y nightmare!!!  Arguably worse!

Are you serious?

This result is a million times worse than Hammarby.

For me it is by a country mile, the most embarrassing result in Scottish football history, domestic, European or International, and that’s some seriously tough competition. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

For me it is by a country mile, the most embarrassing result in Scottish football history, domestic, European or International, and that’s some seriously tough competition. 

I have to disagree.

Putting aside my dislike for them for a second, Sevco 2012, even though a new club, still had major funding. They were beaten by a side from Luxembourg. That is, a side who finished 4th in Luxembourg.

The financial gap alone makes that result the most “embarrassing” for a Scottish side in Europe. The Sevvies would obviously have been on a lot more money than Killie, while Connah’s and Progres probably weren’t too far apart.

Aside from that, Hearts also got knocked out by Maltese giants Birkirkara in recent years. Another “surely that’s a must win” sort of tie.

Killie’s result wasn’t even the embarrassment of the night in Europe. Have a look at Hadjuk Split - won 2-0 in Malta. 1-0 up at HT, 3-0 on agg. Then Gzira, their Maltese opponents fired in three second half strikes to win on away goals.

By all means it’s a shit result, especially after getting the away win, but for me it’ll take much more than that to be more “embarrassing” than the Sevvies loss to Progres (although I thought that defeat was hilarious because it’s the Sevvies).

13 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Wouldn't wish that on any fans in Scotland.

Bugger that. Supporters of the bigot brothers are a large reason the rest of us can’t compete - they all abandon their local sides to support two clubs based on money and sectarianism.

Any European defeat in any circumstance to those two is an absolute pleasure.

Apologies for sounding like shull but seriously, feck them. Hope they both get pumped in the next round.