Scottish Teams In Europe

shull

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I love Scottish Football. 

I intensely dislike bigotry of any kind

Then stop condoning the actions and speech of bigots and making excuses for bigotry...

...whether in Scottish fitba or society, in general.

It's not rocket science...

Edited by antrin

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

You are right about first Administration and then liquidation. In each case the decision to allocate the licence would have fallen to the SFA and/or SPFl. 

Do I agree with what they did? 

No. 

Good.  Glad we've got this far.  :)

So you'd agree it is perfectly normal for others to still be angry about this still openly festering wound in our game - and that we shouldn't "Move on", as you'd seem to prefer?

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I utterly abhor bigotry. 

I already said that I think stronger action could/should have been taken on Rangers. 

I said that the only possible argument that might be debated is whether clubs operate under licence.

You are right about first Administration and then liquidation. In each case the decision to allocate the licence would have fallen to the SFA and/or SPFl. 

Do I agree with what they did? 

No. 

You are supporting Sevco tonight. 

You condone bigotry. 

You hate Scottish Football. 

You are fecken sick. 

You welcome sectarian morons to our football stadium. 

Just now, antrin said:

Then stop condoning the actions and speech of bigots and making excuses for bigotry...

W

...whether in Scottish fitba or society, in general.

It's not rocket science...

I don't think I have done either. 

I would condemn it. 

I would also urge others to move on but also support people in keeping up the pressure for continued change at both clubs and in society. 

1 minute ago, shull said:

You are supporting Sevco tonight. 

You condone bigotry. 

You hate Scottish Football. 

You are fecken sick. 

You welcome sectarian morons to our football stadium. 

I support Scottish clubs in europe. Yes.. The further each goes the better our coefficient. 

I go to watch Saints, Stirling Albion, Alloa and Falkirk. The last three from time to time. 

I welcome supporters from all clubs to our ground but expect them to act within the law and our rules. Whete they don't, then the clubs should be punished

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I came to realise though that, whilst not agreeing with the outlook espoused by t h e supporters of our two biggest teams that I should equally respect their right to hold these views, even though I strongly disagree. 

Wr are all shaped by our experiences. Theirs are different to mine and always will be... But there are signs of improvement, slow, yes. 

From the previous page, Ricky.

This reads to me as though you are making excuses for them, condoning them.

Personally... I'll never respect their right to hold those views. 

Their experiences should be such that they might learn from them.  People who make excuses for them merely prolong their conversion from the dark side.

Just now, St.Ricky said:

I support Scottish clubs in europe. Yes.. The further each goes the better our coefficient. 

I go to watch Saints, Stirling Albion, Alloa and Falkirk. The last three from time to time. 

I welcome supporters from all clubs to our ground but expect them to act within the law and our rules. Whete they don't, then the clubs should be punished

You supported a vile sectarian club last night and you will cheer on blue vermin tonight. 

You're soiling this Thread so feck off and follow follow the sun round your garden ye bigot lover. 

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

From the previous page, Ricky.

This reads to me as though you are making excuses for them, condoning them.

Personally... I'll never respect their right to hold those views. 

Their experiences should be such that they might learn from them.  People who make excuses for them merely prolong their conversion from the dark side.

I don't like their views. 

Anyone who knows me knows that. 

I recognise that it will take time for this to change but, maybe mistakenly, believe that gradual improvement is taking place. 

Lots to go yet though. 

4 minutes ago, shull said:

You supported a vile sectarian club last night and you will cheer on blue vermin tonight. 

You're soiling this Thread so feck off and follow follow the sun round your garden ye bigot lover. 

Jings... I'd even support Morton in Europe. 

5 minutes ago, shull said:

In your opinion. 

But thanks for the reminder. 

Golf course lunch. 

(you might enjoy it.. The other 5 guys are active in the Conservative Party) 

2 hours ago, shull said:

A bit rich YOU calling anyone a bigot, I generally agree with your views re both sides of the Glasgow divide, but your manners and method of expressing those views are simply unacceptable in today's society.  How can I put this delicately?  OK, I might consider some of my views old fashioned and perhaps others with more outlandish views as dinosaurs, but following that line of analogy yours must be found among the pond scum.  :D

Just now, jaybee said:

A bit rich YOU calling anyone a bigot, I generally agree with your views re both sides of the Glasgow divide, but your manners and method of expressing those views are simply unacceptable in today's society.  How can I put this delicately?  OK, I might consider some of my views old fashioned and perhaps others with more outlandish views as dinosaurs, but following that line of analogy yours must be found among the pond scum.  :D

Shut your hole , bigot lover .. 

4 minutes ago, shull said:
6 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Shut your hole , bigot lover .. 

Awe shucks Shull; don't you love me any more?  😍

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

Awe shucks Shull; don't you love me any more?  😍

I must admit to a bit of concern over Shull. When I came on here, he was active but mostly positive. Now his posts are relentlessly negative. 

Ok, I know how he feels on this issue and on the price of admission and pies! 

The thing is that he seems not to be able to distinguish friend from foe and certainly not shades of opinion. 

Black and white -, traditional - like our shirts. This extends to long held views of our near neighbours and their fans. 

I'm glad that I chose to follow my local team as it waa then and turn my back and those of my sons from the apparently more glamorous Glaagow teams. 

I didn't then, and I won't now write them off as being beyond the pale however. I wont engage in hate for any opponent. 

Would I like to see all of the bigotry and sectarianism go away? Of course I would. By all means, make it clear, as I am, that this is totally unacceptable in this day and age. 

I welcome everyone to our ground and hope that our fans can show that this isn't a burden they carry. 

Clubs, the SFA and if needed, the law needs to support efforts to maintain and, if possible, accelerate positive change. 

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I must admit to a bit of concern over Shull. When I came on here, he was active but mostly positive. Now his posts are relentlessly negative. 

Ok, I know how he feels on this issue and on the price of admission and pies! 

The thing is that he seems not to be able to distinguish friend from foe and certainly not shades of opinion. 

Black and white -, traditional - like our shirts. This extends to long held views of our near neighbours and their fans. 

I'm glad that I chose to follow my local team as it waa then and turn my back and those of my sons from the apparently more glamorous Glaagow teams. 

I didn't then, and I won't now write them off as being beyond the pale however. I wont engage in hate for any opponent. 

Would I like to see all of the bigotry and sectarianism go away? Of course I would. By all means, make it clear, as I am, that this is totally unacceptable in this day and age. 

I welcome everyone to our ground and hope that our fans can show that this isn't a burden they carry. 

Clubs, the SFA and if needed, the law needs to support efforts to maintain and, if possible, accelerate positive change. 

Soon be time to get behind your wee Glasgow Sectarian Team. 

Get your foot tapping to their vile party tunes. 

Nae surrender ye trolling git. 

Hopefully the next time Sevco go bust, the SFA will have had a massive change in personnel and won’t bend over backwards for a random new club who wants to impersonate Rangers 1872.
Their return to the Scottish leagues was illegal.

What do you mean “next time”?

Sevco were formed in 2012 and have never gone bust.