Gordon Scott

1 minute ago, slapsalmon said:

Because GLS only took over the shares to protect his original investment and guarantee a return on shares which were potentially worthless and actually shouldn't be anywhere near running a football club? 

Didn't he buy them.  Not very smart, if they're potentially worthless.  

6 minutes ago, pod said:

Didn't he buy them.  Not very smart, if they're potentially worthless.  

Yes bought out the 52% to ensure his were no longer worthless. A majority could be bought without his, his would only be needed to vote through a special resolution which requires 75%. He protected his own investment, the 52% wasn't worthless 

34 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

Because GLS only took over the shares to protect his original investment and guarantee a return on shares which were potentially worthless and actually shouldn't be anywhere near running a football club? 

Also the reason the group who previously took over the club chose to do so . All good guys , but I suspect it's a hard game to plau

1 minute ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Also the reason the group who previously took over the club chose to do so . All good guys , but I suspect it's a hard game to plau

I’ve heard of a hard row to hoe, but never a “hard game to plau”....    :)

14 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Was that not to stop reg brearly buying the club? I can't remember if they had shares or not at that time as I was young.

Im absolutely sure GLS purchase is not bourne of benevolence or philanthropy. It's preserving the value of and protecting a previous investment. 

Ffs if the old BoD were still in charge we'd probably be in League one now or the championship at best. That's the direction the club was going.

Even when you look at last season - in all likeliness the old BoD wouldn't have taken the punt on OK and would have given it to someone like McIntyre. Look how that ended up?

It's all ifs and buts, however the decisions the current BoD have taken has resulted in us getting to the premier league and staying there. They are doing a more than decent job.

51 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Ffs if the old BoD were still in charge we'd probably be in League one now or the championship at best. That's the direction the club was going.

Even when you look at last season - in all likeliness the old BoD wouldn't have taken the punt on OK and would have given it to someone like McIntyre. Look how that ended up?

It's all ifs and buts, however the decisions the current BoD have taken has resulted in us getting to the premier league and staying there. They are doing a more than decent job.

Which they’re just about to undo

11 hours ago, LargsBud said:

Largs.  I share your view. 

I don't care that/if/why GLS bought out the controlling interest.  I don't care that he has got himself a toy to play with and  his money back guaranteed. 

We have progressed.  Stutters here and there for sure but we have progressed. 

Edited by St.Ricky

6 hours ago, Big Yards said:

Which they’re just about to undo

Nobody really knows that. They might be making a mistake, or its possible that OK wants to leave for family reasons, in which case the board have no choice, nobody really knows. Since he took over the only real decision GLS has got wrong in terms of managerial appointments was giving the job to Stubbs, and at least he corrected that relatively quickly (albeit at significant cost).

Going on information provided on both sides of the water it clearly looks as if Oran wanted to leave. Gordon is protecting St Mirrens interests long term and obviously is concerned about commitment to the saints. Certainly wouldn't be firing any shots in Gordons direction.

Quite a few numpties using this is a chance to have a go at Gordon Scott without knowing what is going on.

I did have a laugh at everyone who believed the rumours about Oran leaving at first - no decent sources but it was a good chance to have a go at the club so they jumped on the bandwagon. Oran had a chance to quash those rumours when asked by the BBC interviewer. It would have been very easy to say he has only just left Coleraine for St Mirren, and it is utterly ridiculous to suggest he is going back. The answer he gave was very weak, it sounded like a politician with a well rehearsed dodge of the question....

I think as the facts come out some are going to look very foolish here.

How long is it now Coleraine have been without a manager? They are clearly waiting for OK knowing he has been considering leaving St Mirren and going back.

I don't blame Gordon for losing patience with the situation now.

It looks like Oran is leaving this week. The club have been going about their business as usual and Gary Mac and Popescu will sign new deals tomorrow. Hopefully Jim Goodwin is in as manager soon by the end of the week and we keep building for the new season.....

And the drama queens will move on to something else to scream about!

20 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Going on information provided on both sides of the water it clearly looks as if Oran wanted to leave. Gordon is protecting St Mirrens interests long term and obviously is concerned about commitment to the saints. Certainly wouldn't be firing any shots in Gordons direction.

There is not a single thing about this which is clear.

3 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Maybe not to some.

Certainly not to anyone on here, unless someone is claiming to be ITK, because there's not been a single direct quote or source referenced anywhere regarding the situation.

Are you claiming to be ITK on this?

Edited by oaksoft

23 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Certainly not to anyone on here, unless someone is claiming to be ITK, because there's not been a single direct quote or source referenced anywhere regarding the situation.

Are you claiming to be ITK on this?

Simply put yes. I like Oran as does the players and the management. It is a decision based on a variety of facts that in the long term in the best interests of the club. I am quite sure most will agree when the official statement is made.

6 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Simply put yes. I like Oran as does the players and the management. It is a decision based on a variety of facts that in the long term in the best interests of the club. I am quite sure most will agree when the official statement is made.

Will it be the truth though?