Gordon Scott

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Quite a few numpties using this is a chance to have a go at Gordon Scott without knowing what is going on.

I did have a laugh at everyone who believed the rumours about Oran leaving at first - no decent sources but it was a good chance to have a go at the club so they jumped on the bandwagon. Oran had a chance to quash those rumours when asked by the BBC interviewer. It would have been very easy to say he has only just left Coleraine for St Mirren, and it is utterly ridiculous to suggest he is going back. The answer he gave was very weak, it sounded like a politician with a well rehearsed dodge of the question....

I think as the facts come out some are going to look very foolish here.

How long is it now Coleraine have been without a manager? They are clearly waiting for OK knowing he has been considering leaving St Mirren and going back.

I don't blame Gordon for losing patience with the situation now.

It looks like Oran is leaving this week. The club have been going about their business as usual and Gary Mac and Popescu will sign new deals tomorrow. Hopefully Jim Goodwin is in as manager soon by the end of the week and we keep building for the new season.....

And the drama queens will move on to something else to scream about!

Quite a sensible post amid all the hysteria and posturing from the usual suspects, I am thinking that it sounds as if you may be correct in your suppositions, but did you actually mean Popescu? or Muzak? be great if you did mean Popescu, a small bonus perhaps.

20 hours ago, slapsalmon said:

Yes bought out the 52% to ensure his were no longer worthless. A majority could be bought without his, his would only be needed to vote through a special resolution which requires 75%. He protected his own investment, the 52% wasn't worthless 

How can the 52% worth anything, if his were worthless. :unsure:

5 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I think %52 would give an individual or a group control of the club , without having to buy the other %48 . The other shareholders would have had difficulty finding a buyer for their shares . 

So it's the other 48% that is worthless. :whistle      Does that make the club 100% worthless. :P

Edited by pod

There does appear to be another story going now. As Kemp says we dont know exactly whats happening. It looked like Gordon was making it clear he wanted 100% commitment , and maybe that was agreed at the outset, maybe Oran has spent time with his fam and had second thoughts, maybe we will never know

What is annoying is that this is fast becoming the norm for us , rudderless with the season approaching.

If Oran goes , i have no doubt Gus will step up, maybe Goody will be approached, maybe that was the plan .

The Scottish press also make up 80% of what they print, but they may have called this one right

Jeez oh guys!

the story that suggests, but not confirms Oran wanted to have a daily commute comes from the Board's go to journo!

it holds as much water as the paper its printed on. Blatantly another attempt to smear a guy that Scott wants rid of, now everyone is lawyered up Kearney will rightfully take the club to the cleaners as they have suspended him when he indicated its business as usual. 

A daily commute ffs, that would cost more than he gets paid! Jeez you guys are like a mill lassie on a friday night, happy to swallow just about anything!

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Jeez oh guys!

the story that suggests, but not confirms Oran wanted to have a daily commute comes from the Board's go to journo!

it holds as much water as the paper its printed on. Blatantly another attempt to smear a guy that Scott wants rid of, now everyone is lawyered up Kearney will rightfully take the club to the cleaners as they have suspended him when he indicated its business as usual. 

A daily commute ffs, that would cost more than he gets paid! Jeez you guys are like a mill lassie on a friday night, happy to swallow just about anything!

So pray tell

How do you know your version of events is correct

Is this just your opinion , or is it actually fact based ?

Just now, DougJamie said:

So pray tell

How do you know your version of events is correct

Is this just your opinion , or is it actually fact based ?

Really?

tell me how would Oran pay for five or six return flights every week on his salary?

second point the club have announced he will not be taking training. 

Kearney will get his full pay off plus more if he goes for it, and Coleraine will get their man for nowt! I bet Mrs Kearney is out as we type looking for a nice new hoose to spend that compo on.

He has had his year off and wants back into his previous comfort zone. 

He should have fecked off after the penalty shoot with no shite speech and definitely no extra payoff. 

Him and his Agent seem to be trying to screw St Mirren. 

Nothing at all to do with commuting. 

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Jeez oh guys!

Defamatory and speculative.

I must ask my Granny about yon Fridays.................

My suspicion is that OK triggered some sort of payment by keeping us up, and that he has his eyes on the prize of a pay off (on what conditions, I can only speculate VERY wildly)to ice his cake.  All only suspicions, mind.

Looking at the facts

• he had a nicely paid job that is open to him returning until September, at least.  So the club would likely be keen to dispel any uncertainty there
  • his former decent wee earner on the side is currently available 
  • between what he would earn as a teacher and football manager, the long-term deal that he would need at St Mirren would need to be pretty lucrative to tempt him 
  • the above are all possible grounds for him to renegotiate his current deal
  • he's been treated to a good long look at the state of the game here, his prospects at St Mirren and has a good idea of what his budget is likely to get him in terms of player quality
  • the place has become a revolving door of coaching appointments/departures/appointments

Based on all of the above, it's no wonder if both sides are kindling some speculation as they try to get the situation they want in place.  Back to speculation, it doesn't appear that both parties agree on what the future should look like.

So what we need is a leader to show some leadership.

Edited by beyond our ken

Not sure if we’ll ever learn the full truth but there is definitely something weird going on behind the scenes...

Robert Grieve is always bang on with St Mirren stuff and I’m sure he is in touch with GLS, so it’s a pretty safe bet that his info is close to the truth

His tweets;

I like Oran Kearney but spare me this notion he’s been hard-done-to by anyone at St Mirren. Gordon Scott, Tony Fitzpatrick and Gus MacPherson have done nothing but back him as manager.

then replied to someone;

I’m not blaming supporters for anything, Marky. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But as far as I’m concerned the demands asked of OK aren’t unreasonable.

and his article;

ORAN KEARNEY’S nine-month St Mirren reign is set to end today.

SunSport understands lawyers from both sides will meet to thrash out a settlement deal this morning.

Reading between the lines - I’d guess that Gordon wanted OK to commit himself to the task at hand. OK obviously not confident in his job security so wants the best of both worlds, with his life back home to fall back on. 

Not sure who’s in the right and who’s in the wrong, but seems like Kearney is now gone and lawyers are involved to thrash out a settlement - so it will be a case of moving on to our new manager in the coming weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Not sure if we’ll ever learn the full truth but there is definitely something weird going on behind the scenes...

Robert Grieve is always bang on with St Mirren stuff and I’m sure he is in touch with GLS, so it’s a pretty safe bet that his info is close to the truth

His tweets;

I like Oran Kearney but spare me this notion he’s been hard-done-to by anyone at St Mirren. Gordon Scott, Tony Fitzpatrick and Gus MacPherson have done nothing but back him as manager.

then replied to someone;

I’m not blaming supporters for anything, Marky. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But as far as I’m concerned the demands asked of OK aren’t unreasonable.

and his article;

ORAN KEARNEY’S nine-month St Mirren reign is set to end today.

SunSport understands lawyers from both sides will meet to thrash out a settlement deal this morning.

Reading between the lines - I’d guess that Gordon wanted OK to commit himself to the task at hand. OK obviously not confident in his job security so wants the best of both worlds, with his life back home to fall back on. 

Not sure who’s in the right and who’s in the wrong, but seems like Kearney is now gone and lawyers are involved to thrash out a settlement - so it will be a case of moving on to our new manager in the coming weeks. 

THIS has been my main concern since this shitstorm happened.

I don't give a monkey for Kearney, or Scott, the main concern is we are going into a new season with no manager, other people picking/signing players the new manager quite simply could not fancy.

Any this is painted it's not good for the existing players or our chances of staying in this league. 

Wonder what Tony is going to say now? 

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

THIS has been my main concern since this shitstorm happened.

I don't give a monkey for Kearney, or Scott, the main concern is we are going into a new season with no manager, other people picking/signing players the new manager quite simply could not fancy.

Any this is painted it's not good for the existing players or our chances of staying in this league. 

Wonder what Tony is going to say now? 

"Top four finish, and am no jist sayin that"?

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Oran returning to his old club has been reported for weeks started by Irish League Insider. Other sources on Twitter Gary Peebles also reported Oran going back to his former club some 6 weeks ago due to family reasons. So this has been floating around for ages. 

It has and this would appear to make the sudden fall out with Mr Gordon Scott somewhat suspicious.  Could it perhaps be alledged that Mr Kearney has been "tapped up"  and any subsequent breakdown in relations was manufactured?

Suspicious goings on, suspicious goings on indeed.