Kearney Boo Thread

Was Jack Ross a better Manager here? Really...how? Both performed Great escapes. When we got promoted under Ross we limped over the line with very strange subbings and tactics. All hail Jack Ross who took off elsewhere.
Perhaps Coleraine are a better Club than us, smaller in size but less whingein fickle fans. When we won the play offs to a man we were applauding the man. If not you were absent.
Then out come the yellow backbone of our fickle support.
Was he perfect, far from it but was learning.
Man up ... our club foikd up big time.
If Goodwin is in the same position I hope he can perform a Great escape of the Club too.

9 hours ago, bigles said:

Was Jack Ross a better Manager here? Really...how? Both performed Great escapes. When we got promoted under Ross we limped over the line with very strange subbings and tactics. All hail Jack Ross who took off elsewhere.
Perhaps Coleraine are a better Club than us, smaller in size but less whingein fickle fans. When we won the play offs to a man we were applauding the man. If not you were absent.
Then out come the yellow backbone of our fickle support.
Was he perfect, far from it but was learning.
Man up ... our club foikd up big time.
If Goodwin is in the same position I hope he can perform a Great escape of the Club too.

Yip Oran did a marvellous job considering what he inherited - brave man to take a chance on us. It gave him a taster, but SAVED us for the Premiership, and left us in a far better state than he inherited - that despite all the internal stuff with Gus and Gordon etc. I have no ill feelings for him...

Just hope Goodwin is able to get us performing even better in the long run... hope he likes enough good players on the list he has been handed by Gus . . .

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yip Oran did a marvellous job considering what he inherited - brave man to take a chance on us. It gave him a taster, but SAVED us for the Premiership, and left us in a far better state than he inherited - that despite all the internal stuff with Gus and Gordon etc. I have no ill feelings for him...

Just hope Goodwin is able to get us performing even better in the long run... hope he likes enough good players on the list he has been handed by Gus . . .

It's not an ideal situation for Jim , next weekend starts in ernest yet we only have two players on trial. I predict we spent too much last season as such have a lower budget this season so depending who we want it might not be easy. Thank God we have a basis of a good team though losing 2 good players is a blow. 

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's not an ideal situation for Jim , next weekend starts in ernest yet we only have two players on trial. I predict we spent too much last season as such have a lower budget this season so depending who we want it might not be easy. Thank God we have a basis of a good team though losing 2 good players is a blow. 

A lot can happen in a week and I think we have more than 2 players "on trial" plus a list of others who are being courted (as long as Jim's arm). So I think 1 or 2 may be signed next week from that group and others will be invited to train in Ralston when we return... not the time to panic.

I would not be surprised if Muzek and Popescu might return too...

Look at the opposition - I am not impressed with Hamilton's signings, Ross County are pretty much last years team, The Fakes have lost loads and not signed anyone great, Livi and Well have lost a number of really decent players too...

There will be players in - just hope we get enough of them sooner, rather than later 

15 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

A lot can happen in a week and I think we have more than 2 players "on trial" plus a list of others who are being courted (as long as Jim's arm). So I think 1 or 2 may be signed next week from that group and others will be invited to train in Ralston when we return... not the time to panic.

Look at the opposition - I am not impressed with Hamilton's signings, Ross County are pretty much last years team, The Fakes have lost loads and not signed anyone great, Livi and Well have lost a number of really decent players too...

There will be players in - just hope we get enough of them sooner, rather than later 

Tony saying we have a budget for 7 new players. 

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Strange that as how would he know what these players could cost? :blink:

Sorry forgot, it's Tony. :rolleyes:

It's a bit like going to a ice cream van with 50p. You can only buy that worth of good. It's called buy within your budget. Tony is the man that puts the dots together. Dont worry son this club is top six this season. 

24 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's a bit like going to a ice cream van with 50p. You can only buy that worth of good. It's called buy within your budget. Tony is the man that puts the dots together. Dont worry son this club is top six this season. 

You're not very bright, are you son? :lol:

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Tony saying we have a budget for 7 new players. 

We will have budget for plenty more players - we need minimum 22, better with 24 though.  We currently have only 14 plus Heaton and that includes Kellerman too. So I'd say 7 is on the conservative side...

BUT it all depends on how much we pay those we sign. A younger/cheaper guy verses an experienced bigger earner etc... A good striker is unlikely to be cheap...

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

We will have budget for plenty more players - we need minimum 22, better with 24 though.  We currently have only 14 plus Heaton and that includes Kellerman too. So I'd say 7 is on the conservative side...

BUT it all depends on how much we pay those we sign. A younger/cheaper guy verses an experienced bigger earner etc... A good striker is unlikely to be cheap...

13 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Rich from YOU the serial nit picker...

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Which 1 R U ?   Even dumber again . . .  ?:moony2

Not worth bothering about knows slightly more than an old firm fan what's going on with St Mirren. FS is probably ok in life someone you end up chatting with. Online he is lost when it comes to the forum as it's about our club. Check his history you will give up after 30 seconds.  There is a reason he has history in the Sin Bin for all to see but suffer. 

• 1 month later...