Average Crowd Prediction 2019/2020

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Figures have shown excellent growth from 3,000 to 3,669, to 4450, to last seasons 5,341 (if I am right. 

So - will be reach a crowd average of 6,000 (75% of Capacity)?

That would be nice but a tad unrealistic, likelihood is numbers will fall; in the short term anyway; until people see how we are doing, let's assume nine wins in a row (I can dream can't I?) numbers probably would increase especially if we were playing attractive football but it is more likely to depend on performances than actual results, we Buddies are nothing but realists (well most of us are). If (Goody) or whoever is in charge generates the right ambiance and attitude among players and staff ............     well, we could have a good season. I am NOT going to predict anything other than  ....  this is St Mirren, what else would you expect?

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Figures have shown excellent growth from 3,000 to 3,669, to 4450, to last seasons 5,341 (if I am right. 

Only if Jack Ross or Oran are put in stocks at half time and get pelted with cold greasy scotch pies 

A predicted, or dreamed up, 12% increase after we've played in the top league with the obvious increased away support that brings, is more than unlikely. 

There is a ceiling that the home support can increase by, and as Jaybee suggests, it would need an unrealistic run of form to take us into the top 4 of the league to generate such interest.

Although performances without results is a sure way of losing support and belief. 

Maybe Ricky is Tony, they have a similar outlook. 

Edited by faraway saint

11 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

What about all the ones that said they weren't coming back including shull. :(

11 minutes ago, pod said:

What about all the ones that said they weren't coming back including shull. :(

And my 9 aliases. 

Although to add, my wee cuz Shetland has renewed her Season Ticket for the Main Stand. I think she's back from holiday today. She'll probably be on later to laugh at Sweep and the Houston Halfwit. 

What a lass she is. 

23 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

6000 - NO.... 

….and with Ross County replacing Dundee who brought a big support both times they played here we'll be lucky to equal last season's total.

On 6/27/2019 at 11:09 PM, Bud the Baker said:

6000 - NO.... 

….and with Ross County replacing Dundee who brought a big support both times they played here we'll be lucky to equal last season's total.

Unless of course we are ourselves doing much better... Perhaps 

On 6/26/2019 at 11:29 PM, faraway saint said:

A predicted, or dreamed up, 12% increase after we've played in the top league with the obvious increased away support that brings, is more than unlikely. 

There is a ceiling that the home support can increase by, and as Jaybee suggests, it would need an unrealistic run of form to take us into the top 4 of the league to generate such interest.

Although performances without results is a sure way of losing support and belief. 

Maybe Ricky is Tony, they have a similar outlook. 

I think that, if you look back, you will see that you took a similar line last year. You have to be right sometime I guess. Maybe this year.... Unless you break the habit of a lifetime and buy a season ticket and actually help increase the numbers. Pigs might fly before that happens. 

7 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I think that, if you look back, you will see that you took a similar line last year. You have to be right sometime I guess. Maybe this year.... Unless you break the habit of a lifetime and buy a season ticket and actually help increase the numbers. Pigs might fly before that happens. 

Season ticket sales will likely be down a bit after last season's shitfest.

I also expect average home gates will be down because of the above and the loss of Dundee.

I expect it to settle at around 4800 to 5000 average.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I also expect average home gates will be down because of the above and the loss of Dundee.

Unless you break the habit of a lifetime and buy a season ticket and actually help increase the numbers. Pigs might fly before that happens. :lol:

On 7/1/2019 at 6:05 AM, oaksoft said:

05/07/2018; 3200   Up 200

04/07/2018; 3000   Up 369

06/07/2017; 2631     Up 702

06/07/2016; 1929     Down

01/07/2015; 2300     Down

03/08/2012; 2578     Base Point

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

05/07/2018; 3200   Up 200

04/07/2018; 3000   Up 369

06/07/2017; 2631     Up 702

06/07/2016; 1929     Down

01/07/2015; 2300     Down

03/08/2012; 2578     Base Point

Just read that.

Delighted to be wrong about my prediction.

No idea whether Goodwin is behind those numbers but very good news indeed.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Just read that.

Not sure if it’s maybe a slight red herring, looks like they’re comparable with last season. Hopefully we keep selling more and more though. 

EC9FF851-243C-41D4-B399-0A9DE66B1D04.png

Guest TPAFKATS
Just read that.
I'd be surprised if Jim Goodwin has bought as much as one season ticket.