Welcome back Mr James Goodwin

3 year deal*

* but best to get your lawyer to go through the small print with a fine toothcomb Jim as Gordon has said we've never had to pay up the previous contracts to Alex Rae, David Farrell, Alan Stubbs, Darren Jackson and Oran Kearney - all appointed on 3 year deals as a sign of St Mirren's faith in their men.

Pleased this appears to be sorted.

Goodwin will have a bank of good will and feel good towards him.

Legend comes to the club.

Hopefully what he brings and what he learns is a sufficient journey for us Buds

Lets build some momentum and get into the season on the front foot, take no shit !!!! 

3 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

3 year deal*

* but best to get your lawyer to go through the small print with a fine toothcomb Jim as Gordon has said we've never had to pay up the previous contracts to Alex Rae, David Farrell, Alan Stubbs, Darren Jackson and Oran Kearney - all appointed on 3 year deals as a sign of St Mirren's faith in their men.

Wish we could give you 3 year as well !  in BAR-L.  

Best of the up&comers so it would have been a good appointment even without the Saints connection which is the icing on top of the cake in replacing his charismatic predecessor - welcome home Jim, welcome home indeed!

Like others have said 3 years!  :lol:

I trust he won't try to play football the "right way"....

Edited by Bud the Baker

Surprised you took it JG given it seems to be the football management equivalent of running the Tory party! But wish you every success in the challenges that lie ahead. SMTID.

p.s. Thanks for the photo of your first morning on the job, dont worry about getting the waders back to me, looks like you'll need them at GHR!

IMG_1826.JPG

12 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

3 year deal*

Best line if the last 9 months... "even if we are relegated, we will stick with Oran" think on Jimmy boy, think on!

I will say welcome JG, however I hope you have a good lawyer and advisor on the small print, who has poured sufficient time and expertise over the 3 year contract you have been allegedly offered.

That having been said, the appointment is the best we could have hoped for given the circumstances.

....................................Presumably you will be house hunting in and around Paisley? 🙄

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I can see the spin being along the lines of... "well we wurnae relegated so he kept his word and sacked him for achieving his target"

Don't be daft. They sacked him because he took the game to penalties. :P

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Cue a friendly hastily arranged with Alloa and questions asked when JG changes to the home dugout during the match after GS insists that he needs to be within walking distance of Greenhill Road.