Welcome back Mr James Goodwin

19 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Alloa are good cunts. 

I agree, that quote at the end of their statement was classy for a club that has just lost their leader. Wish them the best.

Delighted to have goody back, natural leader and all heart, will take him a bit to get things right as we are short if a squad etc just now but will give the guy time, he deserves it.

If we go back a year and a few weeks, lots on here wanted Goody to replace Jack, it just seemed the right thing, both ex players, both done well at a PT club.

On hindsight, Stubbs and OK , whatever happened we are still a top flight club, and we now get Goody with a big tick next to his name . A better manager....

One thing- Note to BOD

The only way Saints will ever " progress" is stability. We need Managers to have a chance to work with players......

Personally I feel Goody will get us 10th minimum, I could be wrong, but if GLS sacks him by Xmas, or Tony spouts he is the new Fergie and title is on, then we open ourselves to ridicule.................

We are a Premiership Team................... many teams similiar ( or bigger)size arent. Pars, United, Dundee, Thistle , Falkirk. Not to mention, Caley winners of SC in 2015, and 3rd in League,

We have achieved , we now have a Legend at the helm................. a man who has held a National Trophy above his head as our Captain

Stubbs got us qualified out of group in LC- Well done

OK - Get us up- somehow - Well Done

As long as the club starts pulling together just as the fans have, then hopefully we can actually "progress" this year.............................

Happy Bunny today, and TBH, I would rather have Goody than Oran at helm 

Just now, BuddieinEK said:
36 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
Let’s just take a second to reflect on the brain damage that is LPM emoji38.png
welcome back Goody!!!
E369299F-2108-44AC-8999-EF413A31FF75.thumb.png.30cb20285286189f3565ecbcf6ac276f.png

Why concentrate on the positives when you can berate a fellow Saints supporter and act the billy big baws! Very mature! Not.

Dear stalker, 

“Welcome back Goody”

it’s always the same with LPM, if he’s going to continually post rubbish, he’ll continually get called out on it. 

24 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

My preference was to appoint Goodwin this time last season

Just a pity that we then went on to appoint Stubbs

Ironically, when I criticised the appointment of Stubbs, I was abused by the usual suspects on this forum who then went on to hound him out a few weeks later! emoji1.png

I felt it was too early for Jim last season. I think he wanted that pop at keeping Alloa up, and I reckon we're getting an even better manager as a result of his success last season.

But you're right, he'd have been a damn sight better than Alan Stubbs.

It’s cute how you just copy me sometimes, I’m flattered. 
See my question from last night that you ignored on this. :thumbs2
I think you will find that you have tried to copy me! Flattered!

So when you stalk LPM you are simply calling him out...

But when I simply call you out I'm stalking!

Another Bazspin!

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/BlogView.aspx?pageid=2&ItemID=1946&mid=2

Not bad for a "basket case" of a club with the devil incarnate for a chairman.:whistle

Not sure anyone has called him the "devil incarnate for a chairman", though it could be said he has allowed a number of questionable decisions around St Mirren Football Club concerning managers and players. 

That however doesn't place him remotely close to the likes  of Reg Brealey who never quite made it into the chair, but some think was mighty close.

We are a provincial club, and we continually act like a small provincial club. There are much better examples, even around Scotland, of clubs that conduct themselves in a much more enlightened, professional manner than Saints. 😣

Edited by The Original 59er
change of wording

32 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:
Let’s just take a second to reflect on the brain damage that is LPM emoji38.png
welcome back Goody!!!
E369299F-2108-44AC-8999-EF413A31FF75.thumb.png.30cb20285286189f3565ecbcf6ac276f.png

Why concentrate on the positives when you can berate a fellow Saints supporter and act the billy big baws! Very mature! Not.

I have mentioned to a couple of buds in PM's that i believe this poster has genuine issues, and as consequence i dont even read his posts now, let alone respond to them. Thats my choice, everyone will make theirs.

I have mentioned to a couple of buds in PM's that i believe this poster has genuine issues, and as consequence i dont even read his posts now, let alone respond to them. Thats my choice, everyone will make theirs.
I respect that.
I guess I'm more like the cat who finds pawing a mouse quite amusing. [emoji12]

33 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

As will you!
Ironic really.
As I said... He makes more sense than you, his stalker!

Oh i've got more than one pet poodle following me everywhere!

you would think, eventually they would see the disdain the draw on themselves. But no.

especially on a day when a legend returns to manage us, these pitiful individuals cant bear the good vibes.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Well I see the news is now official...my what a surprise.

Great news, one of our own is not only back in the fold but leading the flock. 

Once again welcome Jimmy, Jimster, Jimbob, James, Jamesy, Jeemy, the Jimster, the Jamester, the Goody,  the Goody two shoes, the Goodmeister, the Goodmeister General, the Goody bag, the Good Gentleman, the Good yin, the Good win, the Goodster,  the Goodster of heaven above, the Goodster of heaven and Paisley, Jimmy the Good bad and ugly and so on and so forth and what have you not eh.

Welcome back James Goodwin, welcome back indeed,

Chairman Gordon Scott said: "I am absolutely delighted to welcome Jim back to St Mirren.

"He was a firm fans favourite as a player here and I know he will receive terrific backing from our support as our new manager.

Am I alone in sensing GLS made this appointment to placate the fans rather than because he firmly believes Goody is the best man for the job?

That official statement was loaded! At least we got one though.

Personally... Delighted at the appointment.

I remember talking to Jim before he was given the Captain's armband...

I told him he would be Captain, and a Great Captain at that. A leader of men.

I told him he was the only logical choice.

At that time, few believed in his ability as a leader.

He has all it takes. I'm happy to follow him. That's the effect of a good leader!

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Chairman Gordon Scott said: "I am absolutely delighted to welcome Jim back to St Mirren.

"He was a firm fans favourite as a player here and I know he will receive terrific backing from our support as our new manager.

Am I alone in sensing GLS made this appointment to placate the fans rather than because he firmly believes Goody is the best man for the job?

That official statement was loaded! At least we got one though.

Personally... Delighted at the appointment.

I remember talking to Jim before he was given the Captain's armband...

I told him he would be Captain, and a Great Captain at that. A leader of men.

I told him he was the only logical choice.

At that time, few believed in his ability as a leader.

He has all it takes. I'm happy to follow him. That's the effect of a good leader!

If it was to placate the fans, then it worked with you.