Welcome back Mr James Goodwin

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

In response to both the above. Hell you, I, whoever can laugh at what they want!

life is f**kin hard, then you die... so poking fun at it is one of our few sadistic pleasures. Not going back over old ground, but when you seek to discriminate (accidentally or intentionally) someone who damn near lost their life regarding their now disability (think the Falkirk fans & Dean Shiels) and they cant respond, then its gone over the line. Certainly in my book, and in FTOF's book who i believe had no real intent, and showed some class.

think on what happened to the Falkirk fans who thought it funny to goad Dean Shiels!

who btw now plays for Coleraine. Small world....

f**k you. :double

Fantastic appointment, delighted. One of the best young managers in Scotland who’s already cup winning captain and a bona fide club legend.

What could go wrong...?!

Definitely has the whiff of something that’s been plotted for a while, before the end of the season perhaps. Good. Kearney wasn’t up to it and I’m glad he’s gone and Jim was the only man to replace him.

Had the fear we were going to lose out on him this summer if another full time club got to him first. Thankfully Gordon’s got our man, by whatever means necessary.

Who knows what the season ahead will hold. Whatever happens I’m sure it isn’t going to be dull...

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Fantastic appointment, delighted. One of the best young managers in Scotland who’s already cup winning captain and a bona fide club legend.

What could go wrong...?!

Definitely has the whiff of something that’s been plotted for a while, before the end of the season perhaps. Good. Kearney wasn’t up to it and I’m glad he’s gone and Jim was the only man to replace him.

Had the fear we were going to lose out on him this summer if another full time club got to him first. Thankfully Gordon’s got our man, by whatever means necessary.

Who knows what the season ahead will hold. Whatever happens I’m sure it isn’t going to be dull...

Well , you did think Djemba Djemba was our saviour and that Jack Ross should be sacked,  so that's good enough for me.

Well , you did think Djemba Djemba was our saviour and that Jack Ross should be sacked,  so that's good enough for me.

Djemba-Djemba was our saviour? Going to have to quote me there [emoji23]

And yep I did think that about Jack Ross. Just like most of the Sunderland support it would seem.

12 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Djemba-Djemba was our saviour? Going to have to quote me there emoji23.png

And yep I did think that about Jack Ross. Just like most of the Sunderland support it would seem.

(

tenor (2).gif

While I'm not convinced that JG is the answer, time will tell, I think the club were fortunate that Alloa are such a great wee club and didn't spit the dummy.

What's the opinion online for a friendly down at the Indodrill stadium with all those who are delighted to see Goodie back with us swelling the crowd for a bit of payback to them?

20 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

While I'm not convinced that JG is the answer, time will tell, I think the club were fortunate that Alloa are such a great wee club and didn't spit the dummy.

What's the opinion online for a friendly down at the Indodrill stadium with all those who are delighted to see Goodie back with us swelling the crowd for a bit of payback to them?

Don't you say this about EVERY new manager? :lol:

Just now, faraway saint said:

Don't you say this about EVERY new manager? :lol:

As far as time telling,  I'm probably right. All new appointments at our level are a gamble. Just some more than others. My thoughts on JG are that he isn't ready for this. My opinion. I might be, hell, I hope I am, wrong.

I do think the club were lucky Alloa didn't play hard ball. I don't think they would have stopped Goodie from coming to us but they could have delayed his appointment meaning we would be even further behind in preparation for the new season.

11 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

While the poll shows a majority, approx 56-44, are in favour there are plenty of damning posts.

Looks like he's got to get it off to a fast start or the slight support he has will disappear. 

15 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Let’s hope you give this manager more than 4 games before you turn on him and hound him out! emoji1.png

I gave him nine including failing to beat amateur/ non league teams & I (like many) were already apprehensive about the appointment given his failures at two previous clubs. Goodwin doesn’t come with that perception. 

Getting rid of Stubbs was obviously a mistake though, that’s why clubs are falling over themselves to appoint him & all his signings are storming at much higher levels :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Brazil1985 compared him to a thief on the smisa thread! emoji23.png

No I didn’t, WS made a fool of himself by not understanding what analogy means on that thread though. Anyone is welcome to go check on his trolling if they wish. 

14 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:
16 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:
I miss your point...Yes or no...
If it results in women in the audience distressed and in tears (as I witnessed), is child abuse an acceptable subject for a "joke" in your opinion?

Not Jo Brand's. Yours!

Bazil?

Eh? 

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Read back.
You seemed to think comedians are not to be held accountable and humour should have no boundaries!

At least Oaksoft made a case for the defence, much as I disagree with him.

I made practically the same point as him ffs. You say one subject can’t be joked about then it has a knock on impact for humour. 

If ever there was evidence you go out your way to target my opinion. 

F2D7778A-2DA0-4308-899E-CA397630DB09.png

C117273A-B1D2-4916-B8C6-A359A9AC8C1D.png

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

FFS gie it a rest, you two are becoming the LPM/Cockles of the forum.  :snore

Bazil is a common factor right enough in these tedious trading of posts. :rolleyes:

You’ll notice more often than not I’m just responding. BEK & WS are the biggest culprits in chasing me all over the forum. You ain’t far behind them right enough, what an achievement since you have me on ignore :rolleyes: