Welcome back Mr James Goodwin

While the poll shows a majority, approx 56-44, are in favour there are plenty of damning posts.
Looks like he's got to get it off to a fast start or the slight support he has will disappear. 

Yes there are lots of damning posts. But I was reacting to the statement that the resident managerial expert made that MOST of the sunderland fans want him out, as if to prove he was right with his “tick tock ” thread ...... which he so obviously wasn’t.

I do appreciate that this is only one poll on one forum but I would suspect it’s fairly accurate .

FFS gie it a rest, you two are becoming the LPM/Cockles of the forum.  :snore
Bazil is a common factor right enough in these tedious trading of posts. :rolleyes:
He's also that dim he doesn't understand that when people quote him I can see his posts. 🤡

Now, wouldn’t you prefer a good pun fest to their bun fight ?

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yes there are lots of damning posts. But I was reacting to the statement that the resident managerial expert made that MOST of the sunderland fans want him out, as if to prove he was right with his “tick tock ” thread ...... which he so obviously wasn’t.

I do appreciate that this is only one poll on one forum but I would suspect it’s fairly accurate .

Aye, I'm not disagreeing there is a majority in favour of keeping him but there's definitely a tick tock situation IMO. 

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I suspect not. The reason I say this is that, 1) The forum probably, as is with this one, represents a minority of Sunderland fans.  2) Of those who post or read on the forum, many could have given up because their club, in their eyes, have failed and they've decided to join the queues at the cinema doors. And 3) Many fans simply switch off at the seasons end.

I think it a highly dubious way of gauging the backing of a manager., especially given the closeness of the poll. I'm not saying they don't back him but fans who contribute to a forum aren't necessarily representative of the fanbase at large.

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I do think the club were lucky Alloa didn't play hard ball. I don't think they would have stopped Goodie from coming to us but they could have delayed his appointment meaning we would be even further behind in preparation for the new season.

In fairness, as soon as we stated interest in Goodwin it would have not been beneficial to either club to stall and play hard ball. Alloa will also be in pre-season now, so dragging out a situation where they know their manager will soon be gone and will need replaced would be harmful to their own chances. Both clubs would have wanted to get this done as quickly as possible so we can crack on with our preparations, and they can get straight to finding their new manager in time for the League Cup.

15 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I suspect not. The reason I say this is that, 1) The forum probably, as is with this one, represents a minority of Sunderland fans.  2) Of those who post or read on the forum, many could have given up because their club, in their eyes, have failed and they've decided to join the queues at the cinema doors. And 3) Many fans simply switch off at the seasons end.

I think it a highly dubious way of gauging the backing of a manager., especially given the closeness of the poll. I'm not saying they don't back him but fans who contribute to a forum aren't necessarily representative of the fanbase at large.

Aye, very scientific. :lol:

On the other side their COULD be many more who back him. 

It is what it is, a representation of fans who use that forum, nothing more or less. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, very scientific. :lol:

On the other side their COULD be many more who back him. 

It is what it is, a representation of fans who use that forum, nothing more or less. 

Amazingly enough. That's what I said. IFS, BUTS and MAYBES.

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

This implied to me you feel nothing is out of bounds.

Oaksoft disagreed without being disagreeable and defended his status.

Nothing in regards to subjects, not nothing in regards of context. Try reading my previous message a bit slower. 

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

While the poll shows a majority, approx 56-44, are in favour there are plenty of damning posts.

Looks like he's got to get it off to a fast start or the slight support he has will disappear. 

It's a forum reeking of entitlement.

Thank goodness we don't have fans like that here eh? :P

I gave him nine including failing to beat amateur/ non league teams & I (like many) were already apprehensive about the appointment given his failures at two previous clubs. Goodwin doesn’t come with that perception. 
Getting rid of Stubbs was obviously a mistake though, that’s why clubs are falling over themselves to appoint him & all his signings are storming at much higher levels :rolleyes:

I’ll let you into a little secret. It wasn’t me who appointed Stubbs! [emoji1]

:1eye

12 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

So you do approve of a comedian making jokes about child sex abuse!

Shame on you!
A new low even for you.

I don't want to speak for Baz or anyone else but personally I prefer to reserve my anger and offence for those who actually commit child abuse.

IMO, everything else is just virtue signalling.

I don't want to speak for Baz or anyone else but personally I prefer to reserve my anger and offence for those who actually commit child abuse.
IMO, everything else is just virtue signalling.
Gonnae shuttit you!
You made your point well.
I may not agree but I respect your viewpoint.
However... It's Saturday night and the tv is shite.
Can you not just let me play with Baz!

FWIW, I personally think certain subjects are best avoided, but by self policing rather than legislation.

Comedians know the boundaries and know how to push them.

I'm sure most must know when they cross them.