Welcome back Mr James Goodwin

7 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Gonnae shuttit you!
You made your point well.
I may not agree but I respect your viewpoint.
However... It's Saturday night and the tv is shite.
Can you not just let me play with Baz!

FWIW, I personally think certain subjects are best avoided, but by self policing rather than legislation.

Comedians know the boundaries and know how to push them.

I'm sure most must know when they cross them.

You’re almost leaning to agreement with me... almost like my point. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:
5 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Except that I don't approve of child molesters whereas you think its a good laugh and fair game. emoji26.png

Ffs you are either not getting the point or are being deliberately crass. 

So where do you draw the line? 

I almost (but not quite) hesitate to interfere (Oops wrong choice of phrase there), but in an effort to conciliate between the two of you and to answer "where do you draw the line"?  Well clearly not in the same place and in fact for most others it would be similar, everyone will draw their own line relative to their own experience, thoughts and in some cases connections to events and or persons involved.  The difference in what one thinks hypothetically regarding any situation and what one might actually do can be very very different, so I suppose what I am saying is your opinion is as valid as any other, unless of course you have personal knowledge that dictates otherwise, in which case your opinion (for me at least) supersedes all others.              Ps: I am NOT looking to enter this debate simply offering an opinion.

Ffs you are either not getting the point or are being deliberately crass. 
So where do you draw the line? 
I drew the line quite clearly.
Jokes about child abuse are inappropriate as there is a fair chance they will personally upset a number of the crowd.

You think it is ok to have women leaving a "comedy" show in tears as any subject is fair game for a comedian.

Maybe you should reconsider and be man enough to draw a line!

24 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I drew the line quite clearly.
Jokes about child abuse are inappropriate as there is a fair chance they will personally upset a number of the crowd.

You think it is ok to have women leaving a "comedy" show in tears as any subject is fair game for a comedian.

Maybe you should reconsider and be man enough to draw a line!

Your prerogative is some subjects can’t be joked about, mine is that’s dangerous waters, you take away one subject it can end up a domino effect. 

I have however very clearly said subjects are different from situations, I wouldn’t have any issue with the comedian telling the joke, if he had continued to comment to the woman on the subject when she was clearly upset and effected that would obviously be wrong. 

Just different opinions neither right or wrong. 

EVERY-SINGLE-THREAD[emoji35]

What the f**k is wrong with you guys (you know who you are) that you have to drag every thread into the mire with your petty bickering. Nobody gives a f**k so do us all a favour and take it elsewhere.

This thread was about Goody. The amount of posts that have f**k all to do with his appointment are just depressingly familiar.

EVERY-SINGLE-THREAD[emoji35]

What the f**k is wrong with you guys (you know who you are) that you have to drag every thread into the mire with your petty bickering. Nobody gives a f**k so do us all a favour and take it elsewhere.

This thread was about Goody. The amount of posts that have f**k all to do with his appointment are just depressingly familiar.
Then put us on ignore ya big crybaby!

Mon the Goody!

Great appointment. [emoji56]

3 hours ago, DLBud said:

EVERY-SINGLE-THREADemoji35.png

It really is tragic.

13 hours ago, DLBud said:

EVERY-SINGLE-THREADemoji35.png

Well said Sir, well said indeed.

Now back to business......

Happy Monday Mr Goodwin, get that breakfast down you and get onto that operator and start getting put through to all those marvellous players you are about to sign.

I want marquee, I want young starlet of tomorrow and I want experienced artisan.

Get them signed, get them signed indeed.

5 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Well said Sir, well said indeed.

Now back to business......

Happy Monday Mr Goodwin, get that breakfast down you and get onto that operator and start getting put through to all those marvellous players you are about to sign.

I want marquee, I want young starlet of tomorrow and I want experienced artisan.

Get them signed, get them signed indeed.

At last a post that brings us back on subject.

Why certain protagonists who want to have a go at each other don't just set up a post about their favoured subject, then just rip the sh*t out of each other on their own, rather than use another post with a relevant Saints subject as an excuse? Beats the brains out of me!!😪😫

Edited by The Original 59er

2 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

Why certain protagonists who want to have a go at each other don't just set up a post about their favoured subject, then just rip the sh*t out of each other on their own, rather than use another post with a relevant Saints subject as an excuse? Beats the brains out of me!!😪😫

Should that not be "antagonists"?

8 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

Because we’d still get a bunch of people getting involved anyway. So inconvenient, maybe we should start our own website...