Saints In Spain

shull

On Josh Heaton - no question the guy has a strange attitude. I had Cody Cooke in the "not good enough" camp earlier last season, and I'll be honest - the guy has took my opinion and flipped it on its head. I'd now say he's one of the best attacking options we have at the club. Said that to him in the pub and he just said "yeah, I wanted to prove myself here". Top lad with a top attitude.

Josh could have applied himself during his loan and came back willing to fight for his place - instead he arrives at training looking like he can't be arsed (STV video) and walks in looking at his feet, then starts making digs at the club on social media....

I'd guess that he hasn't shown enough willingness to force his way into our team, and that's why he isn't going to Spain. Only himself to blame. Nothing in life comes to you if you don't show that you want it.

There was also a suggestion that further installments of his transfer fee may be due upon him making further appearances, which may or may not be shite, but wouldn't help his cause.

I also noticed the sprinkling of darkish mental health type posts he's made. There may be more at work here than the manchild image he projects.

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Did not know you put up the video Shull that's why I posted in general discussion.  

No problem. It was a good idea, Ian. 

A few numpties, ununbelievabley have me on ignore, so you posting it gives them the opportunity to join in the fun. 

On 7/2/2019 at 12:08 PM, Doakes said:

On Josh Heaton - no question the guy has a strange attitude. I had Cody Cooke in the "not good enough" camp earlier last season, and I'll be honest - the guy has took my opinion and flipped it on its head. I'd now say he's one of the best attacking options we have at the club. Said that to him in the pub and he just said "yeah, I wanted to prove myself here". Top lad with a top attitude.

Josh could have applied himself during his loan and came back willing to fight for his place - instead he arrives at training looking like he can't be arsed (STV video) and walks in looking at his feet, then starts making digs at the club on social media....

I'd guess that he hasn't shown enough willingness to force his way into our team, and that's why he isn't going to Spain. Only himself to blame. Nothing in life comes to you if you don't show that you want it.

To be fair, "one of the best attacking options" when currently we only have two strikers on the books isn't really great praise.

I think a few posters need to dial down the hate on Heaton. He has, as far as i can see done nothing, absolutely nothing wrong. But on here that equals a "bad attitude" ffs from people who i assume have never had one face to face dealing with the guy.

our club went to him, our board agrred to pay his transfer fee, he didnt crack the first team and AGREED to go on loan to a non league club ffs. We also have the issue of his posts surrounding mental health. It doesnt mean he suffers from it, but yet again people who have never dealt with him are the experts. Comparing his attitude to Cody Cooke's is stupid. Cody wasnt sent to an english non league club.

give the guy a break ffs, if you want someone to wave your pitchforks at, wave them at the board who sanctioned our biggest transfer spend in a quarter of a century. They bought him!  

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think a few posters need to dial down the hate on Heaton. He has, as far as i can see done nothing, absolutely nothing wrong. But on here that equals a "bad attitude" ffs from people who i assume have never had one face to face dealing with the guy.

our club went to him, our board agrred to pay his transfer fee, he didnt crack the first team and AGREED to go on loan to a non league club ffs. We also have the issue of his posts surrounding mental health. It doesnt mean he suffers from it, but yet again people who have never dealt with him are the experts. Comparing his attitude to Cody Cooke's is stupid. Cody wasnt sent to an english non league club.

give the guy a break ffs, if you want someone to wave your pitchforks at, wave them at the board who sanctioned our biggest transfer spend in a quarter of a century. They bought him!  

Ha ha. What utter bollocks.

The board appointed Stubbs and in doing so rightly backed him in the transfer market. What would the point have been in appointing a manager and then refusing to back him.

If the finger is to be pointed at the board for anything, it’s for recruiting Stubbs. To be clear, responsible for the dud manager, not the dud player. 

16 hours ago, Hendo said:
On 7/2/2019 at 12:08 PM, Doakes said:

To be fair, "one of the best attacking options" when currently we only have two strikers on the books isn't really great praise.

I think Doakes point is; that considering from where he started from, (the same position as Stubbs other recruits) he put his head down; listened to advice and grafted (unlike some others)  and he has improved sufficiently to be kept at the club and looks like he has potential.

5 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I think Doakes point is; that considering from where he started from, (the same position as Stubbs other recruits) he put his head down; listened to advice and grafted (unlike some others)  and he has improved sufficiently to be kept at the club and looks like he has potential.

A few of Stubbs signings did put a lot of effort in,  the likes of Brock Marsden and Ryan Edwards unfortunately just like the others they were shite 

8 hours ago, cockles1987 said:
10 hours ago, gstretchuk said:
Seriously think you have a "Shull" obsession.....strange wee guy u r!!!

Read shulls post before mine, #thichasfcuk

Is that the shite patter u use on everybody who calls u out? U must be enjoying the school holidays ya tit!

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Comparing his attitude to Cody Cooke's is stupid. Cody wasnt sent to an english non league club.

The relevance here is that both players had between September to January to show Oran they had fight, effort and some form of talent. Back in January Oran stated surviving this battle was going to be as much of a mental battle as it would be physical. Neither player had looked good at any point before Stubbs departure. Cody clearly had the fight and desire in him to prove himself in full time football, and mentally that was huge to Oran as well as that was the attitude needed if we were going to stay up. His reward for that would be to bang in our first Premier hat trick in 7 years, and he didn’t even feature in the first half. Had Cody not shown himself to be committed to hard work, he would have been gone in January, or at least loaned out.

Cooke was offered the chance to go on loan but knocked it back as he thought he would learn more if he stayed. Cooke was struggling physically because the step up was hard for him to adjust too. As for Heaton he showed no ounce of the same desire to make it at the club. To say its not his fault is a joke the boy only has himself to blame. 

40 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Cooke was offered the chance to go on loan but knocked it back as he thought he would learn more if he stayed. Cooke was struggling physically because the step up was hard for him to adjust too. As for Heaton he showed no ounce of the same desire to make it at the club. To say its not his fault is a joke the boy only has himself to blame. 

Not meaning to have a go bud but how do you know any of what you say about Heaton?

and if as has been suggested he does/did suffer from mental health issues the board have brought yet another shit storm on themselves by sending him to Coventry. Imagine segregating, and denying a player training access who has mental health issues? Its a feckin timebomb.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:
2 hours ago, Ethan said:

Not meaning to have a go bud but how do you know any of what you say about Heaton?

and if as has been suggested he does/did suffer from mental health issues the board have brought yet another shit storm on themselves by sending him to Coventry. Imagine segregating, and denying a player training access who has mental health issues? Its a feckin timebomb.

you are a slimy poisonous wee git,    Oh ever so nice says LPM "Not meaning to have a go bud" ..................  But!" how do you know if the Heaton stuff is true?   That's more LPM methinks. .   Then comes the shit storm and " Its a feckin timebomb." because we have left someone with mental health issues at home all alone, on his own, by himself,      Now we see the true LPM .............................      LOrd of the shit storm. 😎

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I had a very interesting chat with a member of our coaching staff. I am not aware of mental health issues but he was not the player we were led to believe he was and lacks the attitude either.  Cooke on the other hand wants to make it but was struggling with shin problems due to full time football. 

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:43 PM, cockles1987 said:

Glad you did post it IOBS, got shull on ignore. emoji106.png

He thinks you must be one of the many  numpties that have him on ignore then -  questions over his sanity - well not really - I guess we all know.  😎

13 hours ago, Ethan said:

I had a very interesting chat with a member of our coaching staff. I am not aware of mental health issues but he was not the player we were led to believe he was and lacks the attitude either.  Cooke on the other hand wants to make it but was struggling with shin problems due to full time football. 

Thanks for your arguments from an informed position- don't worry though LPM does not deal in facts . . . :cheers

22 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

He thinks you must be one of the many  numpties that have him on ignore then -  questions over his sanity - well not really - I guess we all know.  😎

You will never ignore me. 

You continue to put the Forum in a coma. 

Uncle Colm Zzzzzzz