The Jim Goodwin Interviews Thread

He says, ‘I want to introduce a style of football that’s entertaining and exciting for the fans’ happy about that.

Now, I’m fairly sure someone else at the club has a different view..... [emoji2]

Cannae mind who it is, I will think about it on my way to the pictures..

3 hours ago, whydowebother said:

He says, ‘I want to introduce a style of football that’s entertaining and exciting for the fans’ happy about that.

Now, I’m fairly sure someone else at the club has a different view..... emoji2.png

Ach every manager has their own styles. If he is as successful a st mirren manager as Gus was he will prove to be a great appointment.

4 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Now, I’m fairly sure someone else at the club has a different view..... emoji2.png

Extremes of anything is never successful in the long term, hopefully the team can meet somewhere in the middle. The Goldilocks effect. 

18 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Extremes of anything is never successful in the long term, hopefully the team can meet somewhere in the middle. The Goldilocks effect. 

Feck that.

I don't want us associated with ANY bears! Unless of course, they're black and white.

Edited by stlucifer

Now, I’m fairly sure someone else at the club has a different view..... [emoji2]

The wee guy you’re talking about kept us in the SPL & made us hard to beat.

Aye you should just stick to the movies [emoji6][emoji12]

The wee guy you’re talking about kept us in the SPL & made us hard to beat.

Aye you should just stick to the movies [emoji6][emoji12]

Aye, the many 10-15 games without a win will long in the memory.......

I hope we don’t have nine men as part of our backroom staff [emoji2]

Might have to advise all the top players to stop ‘entertaining’ the crowd, “Sorry Messi, tone it down a bit, will ye ! “

Guest TPAFKATS
Do I NEED to listen to these to be in with the in crowd? 
Nah, I'll just hope Goodwin, and I have every faith in him, does the business with results. :wink:
I never listed to any when the "love in" was going on with Ross or Kearney, I'll probably go to the bad fire. [emoji38]
More likely to go to the bad fire than St. Mirren Park...

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Bit concerning that Jim reckons we only need 4 new additions.

Agreed. But hold out hope that he says 'at least 4'.

2 centre forwards, left and right winger, a centre half (possibly even 2), a left back and full back cover are needed.

I still make us 7 or 8 bodies short.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Bit concerning that Jim reckons we only need 4 new additions.

I'm hopeful he means 4 coming straight into the starting lineup,  and maybe 4 to fight for a place. If it's the former,  it's going to be another slog of a season.  

Same shit every season, need 8 players start o June,get numerous knock bags,then say 6 players,then come mid July say we need 4,treating us like fukin fools,8 required,and kellerman n Heston out door,and erahon out on loan,absolutely rotten footballer,cant pass,cant mark,and posisital sence not there,and am afraid it's a season too far for Stephen McGinn, so in a nutshell if only 4 coming,we doomed

Edited by paul torfason
Error

Just now, paul torfason said:

Same shit every season, need 8 players start o June,get numerous knock bags,then say 6 players,then come mid July say we need 4,treating us like fukin fools,8 required,and kellerman n Heaton out door,and erahon out on loan,absolutely rotten footballer,cant pass,cant mark,and posisital sence not there,and am afraid it's a season too far for Stephen McGinn, so in a nutshell if only 4 coming,we domed 

3 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

Same shit every season, need 8 players start o June,get numerous knock bags,then say 6 players,then come mid July say we need 4,treating us like fukin fools,8 required,and kellerman n Heston out door,and erahon out on loan,absolutely rotten footballer,cant pass,cant mark,and posisital sence not there,and am afraid it's a season too far for Stephen McGinn, so in a nutshell if only 4 coming,we domed 

I do love a good domed knock bag.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Agreed. But hold out hope that he says 'at least 4'.

2 centre forwards, left and right winger, a centre half (possibly even 2), a left back and full back cover are needed.

I still make us 7 or 8 bodies short.

8 starters short of a good team. Forget this "push the existing starters" pish.