The Jim Goodwin Interviews Thread

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You can never have too many threads with the same/similar titles. :lol:

Bullshit, that's what I say. :rolleyes:

I agree.

Fecking bullshit

it's everywhere now, sourced in fecking Stirling

Wow what a contrast to the Stubb's interviews which were punctuated at an annoying rate with but.

Marquee signing... but... chairman won't be happy...but, but ,but. 

Jimbo I hope that you stay for a long time and become even more legendary than you already are.

5 hours ago, madmitch said:

Wow what a contrast to the Stubb's interviews which were punctuated at an annoying rate with but.

Marquee signing... but... chairman won't be happy...but, but ,but. 

Jimbo I hope that you stay for a long time and become even more legendary than you already are.

The thing is IF Jim delivered a top 6 for us he would be offski.... i bet Killie wish they had gone for him now

43 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

The thing is IF Jim delivered a top 6 for us he would be offski.... i bet Killie wish they had gone for him now

The eternal double-edged sword.

However, Jim seems a more loyal sort than Jack, for example - we always knew how ambitious he was. His outright stated aim was always to be Scotland manager and he'll do whatever it takes to get there. Jim's always wanted to be St Mirren manager - but he's got his head screwed on as well. 

That's not to say he wouldn't be away if a really big club came in, but I reckon he's going to give us at least a couple years, just as he did with Alloa, and wait until he feels he is ready rather than hawking his CV around the middle-order English clubs while his stock is high. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

f**k up Jim...u shat it!

Want me to remind you what this mob did to Hibs (a better team than us) last time out?  Rangers, surprisingly (not) have better quality players than us and will beat most teams in this league - home and away.  You need to also consider that a number of our players are still getting up to speed with match fitness and adjusting to the pace.  Anyone who witnessed the performances in the LC will know that there is a huge improvement in the performances over the last 3 league games.  JG's job is medium to long term and that we are unlikely to suddenly now have a team good enough to expect to beat one of the ugly sisters.  We can only play as well as the quality we have and against how well the other team plays.  We came very close to getting a point which would have been a great result at this early stage of the season.  Some on here had us losing all of the opening three league games (you were probably in that group) based on early season LC performances.  Its going to take time and I think Jim got the tactics right by making us hard to beat and minimising the morale drop if we had gone guns ho and taken a heavier defeat.  It almost worked and I think our team will only get better.  The OF are in a different place to us financially and player quality and, most of us, if being honest, would have looked at this game as one to expect little or nothing.

1 hour ago, ged62 said:

You shat it from buying a season ticket emoji6.png

Ok Ged head..bought a ticket today, defo won't be back after lying down to that manky mob....disgusted with such a f**king lack of belief that we could actually win the game...to be happy with a 1-0 defeat is a loser through and through attitude....McAllister kicking ball up park in 2nd half with 11 behind ball summed Goodwin's  tactics and belief up....

16 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

Want me to remind you what this mob did to Hibs (a better team than us) last time out?  Rangers, surprisingly (not) have better quality players than us and will beat most teams in this league - home and away.  You need to also consider that a number of our players are still getting up to speed with match fitness and adjusting to the pace.  Anyone who witnessed the performances in the LC will know that there is a huge improvement in the performances over the last 3 league games.  JG's job is medium to long term and that we are unlikely to suddenly now have a team good enough to expect to beat one of the ugly sisters.  We can only play as well as the quality we have and against how well the other team plays.  We came very close to getting a point which would have been a great result at this early stage of the season.  Some on here had us losing all of the opening three league games (you were probably in that group) based on early season LC performances.  Its going to take time and I think Jim got the tactics right by making us hard to beat and minimising the morale drop if we had gone guns ho and taken a heavier defeat.  It almost worked and I think our team will only get better.  The OF are in a different place to us financially and player quality and, most of us, if being honest, would have looked at this game as one to expect little or nothing.

frustrated stephen merchant GIF

17 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

Want me to remind you what this mob did to Hibs (a better team than us) last time out?  Rangers, surprisingly (not) have better quality players than us and …. yadda yadda yadda.... if being honest, would have looked at this game as one to expect little or nothing.

Want to remind you that THIS MOB is Sevco.  Rangers unsurprisingly went into liquidation in 2012 having failed to pay its taxes among other crimes.

THIS MOB was a totally new creation cheated into existence by the SFA conniving with known criminals and other spivs.  Its new fans are still being ripped off.  It has been running at a loss year on year of several millions of £.  All its assets are in hock.  The 'loyal' mugs are pouring money down a bottomless pit in a vain attempt to halt the runaway success of the other cheek.

It must pay Ashley a minimum of £1m in reparation for its latest strips fiasco.  I repeat - a minimum of £1m.  It could run into several £m, if Ashley wants his pint of blood... or he just keeps taking wodges out.

It is short-termism.  It is all based on smoke and mirrors.  It is heading for another failure.

10 minutes ago, antrin said:

Want to remind you that THIS MOB is Sevco.  Rangers unsurprisingly went into liquidation in 2012 having failed to pay its taxes among other crimes.

Same location/stadium, same fans. Doesn't matter how you dress them, they're still the same scum. 

25 minutes ago, pod said:

Same location/stadium, same fans. Doesn't matter how you dress them, they're still the same scum. 

They are not. 

The Team that died in 2012 are still decomposing. 

There is a seven year old Team presently playing at Ibrox.