View From Part Time Fan

He somewhat overstates Kearney's abilities.  Good man management did not compensate for lack of tactical nous.  We had 3 or 4 acceptable performances in his time and a lot of luck with sending-offs in the run in.

Let's face it, the only excitement was generated by our precarious position and the fact that neither Dundee or Hamilton had enough to pull away from us.

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

He somewhat overstates Kearney's abilities.  Good man management did not compensate for lack of tactical nous.  We had 3 or 4 acceptable performances in his time and a lot of luck with sending-offs in the run in.

Let's face it, the only excitement was generated by our precarious position and the fact that neither Dundee or Hamilton had enough to pull away from us.

There was nothing lucky about it. They were sent off due to hauling our strikers down while clean through on goal. A situation created by......Kearney's tactical nous?

Well written and well thought through.

Yes some may argue that OK's tactics on-field left much to be desired, however, he delivered when it counted and he may also have been lucky, but after the sh*t-fest we had been through, and the quality of the team at the start of last season, he delivered big time. So he too has my vote of thanks.

The scribe has also articulated many of my own thoughts on what it is to be a Saints fan. I've been there since 1959 and other than occasionally going to see an interesting European night with both of the terrible twins (I'm going back a few years to John Greig and Billy McNeil days) I have always devoted myself to being a resolute and committed Buddie with no other team in Scotland turning my head.

Given I now have had 60 years' of Saint's good times and a multitude of bad times, I too can dream that we might find a suitable leader who can bring stability and longevity to the managerial position...………………. Oh how I can dream! 😂

Well done, whoever you are.🐼

• 4 weeks later...