St Mirren v Rangers (Date Change)

Ronnie

• 1 month later...

Swithering about this one. Don't normally attend the games against the ugly sisters due to the atmosphere - don't like the boy getting exposed to the bile.

Its usually mitigated by the fact most of our home games against those two are on the telly.

A decision for next week but would be gutted if we missed a win.

How bad is it usually? In terms of poisonous atmosphere that is. The last one I was at against either was the 2-2 draw in the Championship when Morgan scored the last minute.

42 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Swithering about this one. Don't normally attend the games against the ugly sisters due to the atmosphere - don't like the boy getting exposed to the bile.

Its usually mitigated by the fact most of our home games against those two are on the telly.

How bad is it usually? In terms of poisonous atmosphere that is. The last one I was at against either was the 2-2 draw in the Championship when Morgan scored the last minute.

Southside. I can't imagine they will be any better unfortunately.  I will be there as will my two, now adult, sons and grandson. Do I like the bile associated with these visits? Not one bit but I refused in the past and refuse now to have that prevent me going along to support my own team and to do so loudly and proudly without resorting to replying to them in their language. I hope this showed my boys how one should react and an example to follow. Understand though, that others may think differently.

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Bitch, please. 

During the USSR period In Poland the people there talked of "our friends" the Russians. It's a common enough phraseology. 

In context, neither the Govan or East End teams from Glasgow will ever be my first choice of teams to visit us in terms of fans.

But, as things are, they have the best players and provide the biggest test for other teams in Scotland.

On that basis, I'm happy enough to welcome them to Paisley in the faint hope that they will be relatively civil.

4 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Most of them ain't that bad, you get the occasional idiot but shouldn't be enough to put you off going! Police will no doubt be there in numbers (and charge us a large bill for the privilege) :) 

1 hour ago, charlie said:

I was looking to buy a couple of tickets online for this game for my friend, who works in London.  They don't yet appear to be for sale online yet.  Is this common, or is it a service provider issue?  

Charlie. I would phone the ticket office direct. 

I used to always go and be full of misguided optimism... But just wanted to support my club... However the club doesn't want me there and who am I to disagree.

If we win, I can live with missing it.

Ironically... More opposition fans = increased chance of bigotry and hatred!

Fewer opposition fans and decreased chance of bigotry and hatred would then give us something to build upon.

Just my personal view but the only fans I would forgive for missing this one are the ones who have been unceremoniously booted out of the family stand. Bang out of order that.

Just my opinion but I’ve never personally been offended by what they sing, mainly because it’s utter bollocks that is even less relevant to me than it is to them. I barely even hear what they sing.

If I still had small children, I wouldn’t be scared to take them along. Even if it was only to educate them as to what bad looks like.

I don’t ever recall feeling scared or offended attending OF matches back in the 70s and 80s and I suspect things were a lot worse then.

All that said, each to their own I suppose. 

When me and my mate were on the ferry the Rangers supporters club was returning also. One of them Helen is a bitter blue nose. Always wearing a team top with short trousers and union Jack soaks. Her fence is painted red white and blue while she has a flag pole in her garden with a union flag. I'm sure you get the picture of this individual.  I say to her are you coming to Paisley for our next game.  Helen replying says no. I say oh that's a shame I had a present for you. What was the present she said. A box of tissues and laugh. She tells me to f**k off not pleased. My mate says did you get penalties today. She says no and f**k off again. I follow up with a player must have been sent off not knowing a Hibs player had been sent off. She replied yer a pair pricks with me and my mate laughing. Next thing we are being eye balled by a group of **** but that's all. Was funny taking the piss out of her. 

34 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

When me and my mate were on the ferry the Rangers supporters club was returning also. One of them Helen is a bitter blue nose. Always wearing a team top with short trousers and union Jack soaks. Her fence is painted red white and blue while she has a flag pole in her garden with a union flag. I'm sure you get the picture of this individual.  I say to her are you coming to Paisley for our next game.  Helen replying says no. I say oh that's a shame I had a present for you. What was the present she said. A box of tissues and laugh. She tells me to f**k off not pleased. My mate says did you get penalties today. She says no and f**k off again. I follow up with a player must have been sent off not knowing a Hibs player had been sent off. She replied yer a pair pricks with me and my mate laughing. Next thing we are being eye balled by a group of **** but that's all. Was funny taking the piss out of her. 

When you wrote garden, did you mean garden ? 

8 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Just my personal view but the only fans I would forgive for missing this one are the ones who have been unceremoniously booted out of the family stand. Bang out of order that.

Just my opinion but I’ve never personally been offended by what they sing, mainly because it’s utter bollocks that is even less relevant to me than it is to them. I barely even hear what they sing.

If I still had small children, I wouldn’t be scared to take them along. Even if it was only to educate them as to what bad looks like.

I don’t ever recall feeling scared or offended attending OF matches back in the 70s and 80s and I suspect things were a lot worse then.

All that said, each to their own I suppose. 

Look at the different cost for children from any league team to a game against the bigots.  A child is normally £6 for west or east stand.

on Sunday it is £17    :wacko:   So a non season ticket holder fan, taking his 2 kids last Sat would have paid £34, this Sunday it would be £61

since the adult prices is also £5 more :wacko:     Would you really pay that for a game that is on the telly  ?