St Mirren v Rangers (Date Change)

Ronnie

Look at the different cost for children from any league team to a game against the bigots.  A child is normally £6 for west or east stand.
on Sunday it is £17    :wacko:   So a non season ticket holder fan, taking his 2 kids last Sat would have paid £34, this Sunday it would be £61
since the adult prices is also £5 more :wacko:     Would you really pay that for a game that is on the telly  ?
Exactly... And we wonder why there are few turning up.

The whole price structure id just aimed at milking the opposition with no thought for our own support.

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Look at the different cost for children from any league team to a game against the bigots.  A child is normally £6 for west or east stand.

on Sunday it is £17    :wacko:   So a non season ticket holder fan, taking his 2 kids last Sat would have paid £34, this Sunday it would be £61

since the adult prices is also £5 more :wacko:     Would you really pay that for a game that is on the telly  ?

That is indeed ridiculous Tommy. Wouldn’t blame people under those exact circumstances not turning up. However, in fairness to me most of the stay away fans on here aren’t talking about it from a cost point of view. 

Im finding it hard to fathom why our club see the need to charge our own supporters more money than normal for this type of game nearly 3 times as much for u12s than any other game and also add money onto an adult ticket if you so happen to want to go to this and dont have season tickets what is the justification for this?  

The history is, of course, that these games used to cost the same as all the other fixtures. That was until the Old Firm put aside their toxic rivalry long enough to get together and gang up on the diddy teams by attempting to force a 5% levy on the money taken for away game ticket sales to their own fans, thinking that we were all  helpless and had no choice but to comply.

We and others told them to go and do one, and started selling tickets direct to their supporters clubs, bumping the price up by £5 in the process, and inviting the Old Firm including the astonished brain child of the scheme, Martin Bain, to go back to their fans and explain why the price was going up.

A ticket stub from such a fixture would then earn a Saints fan a £5 discount on the next home game to offset the price increase.

This 'refund' scheme was quietly dropped years ago. I'd like to think we were forced into dropping it, but who knows?

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

9 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

The history is, of course, that these games used to cost the same as all the other fixtures. That was until the Old Firm put aside their toxic rivalry long enough to get together and gang up on the diddy teams by attempting to force a 5% levy on the money taken for away game ticket sales to their own fans, thinking that we were all  helpless and had no choice but to comply.

We and others told them to go and do one, and started selling tickets direct to their supporters clubs, bumping the price up by £5 in the process, and inviting the Old Firm including the astonished brain child of the scheme, Martin Bain, to go back to their fans and explain why the price was going up.

A ticket stub from such a fixture would then earn a Saints fan a £5 discount on the next home game to offset the price increase.

This 'refund' scheme was quietly dropped years ago. I'd like to think we were forced into dropping it, but who knows?

I'm sure there's a ruling where you can't charge away supporters more than home supporters if they are both in stands that have the same level of facilities.

The £5 discount/refund was a way round this.

Maybe it was stopped by the SPFL powers that be, but it's certainly a question worth asking the club, as to why the scheme has been binned.

On 8/13/2019 at 6:01 PM, Yflab said:

Or this....

Good amount of buds in the family stand, and also look like a lot of young kids at the bottom left side of the stand. Was the panda club on the go at that time ?

Edited by Tommy

9 hours ago, Tommy said:

Good amount of buds in the family stand, and also look like a lot of young kids at the bottom left side of the stand. Was the panda club on the go at that time ?

Agree Tommy re fans in the family stand however W6 and W7 was full of "them" unfortunately

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

Agree Tommy re fans in the family stand however W6 and W7 was full of "them" unfortunately

True, but only 800 of them in there instead of 1600 in the family stand. 

I have always wonder if they had half the main stand instead of the family stand, would the opinion of the BOD be different if they had 

to sit near them  :whistle

10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

True, but only 800 of them in there instead of 1600 in the family stand. 

I have always wonder if they had half the main stand instead of the family stand, would the opinion of the BOD be different if they had 

to sit near them  :whistle

Undoubtedly it would!!!

51 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The dark side travel to Poland for a game against Warsaw who are a good team. Then us on Sunday I have a feeling we will take something from this game :)

So do I.... A pumping :( :lol: 

Nah its definitely in our favour that they've got a tough and important fixture before and after they play us... Also their next league game after Legia is against Celtic at Ibrox. Here's hoping they underestimate us

3 minutes ago, Doakes said:

So do I.... A pumping :( :lol: 

Nah its definitely in our favour that they've got a tough and important fixture before and after they play us... Also their next league game after Legia is against Celtic at Ibrox. Here's hoping they underestimate us

Then can score goals but their defence is breathable1. They have played 2 games in one week for a while now. 

A good chance to take points from this mob with them playing twice a week
they travel back from poland on the thursday night
hit them hard and hit them early
Think Hibs and Killie both thought that as well [emoji23] Hopefully some injuries to key players just like what happen before we played the Dons.

1 hour ago, doonhamer said:

I just tried to buy an old man’s seat in the main stand. £29!!!!!!
Surely this is a misprint?
Looks like I’ll be saving myself a 180 mile round trip and watch this on TV.

If by 'old man's seat' yo mean a concession, they are priced at £17 when buying at the ticket office.. Add on £1 for booking online and an additional £1 if you want it posted to you.

If by 'old man's seat' yo mean a concession, they are priced at £17 when buying at the ticket office.. Add on £1 for booking online and an additional £1 if you want it posted to you.

No, I meant a padded seat. Online price is £29.

For comparison, I’m staying in Glasgow this weekend and 3 of us (2 full price adults + 1 student) are going to Cineworld at Silverburn tonight for a total cost of £31.

I know Gus didn’t start the “go to the pictures” comments but whoever did certainly had a point.

8 hours ago, doonhamer said:

No, I meant a padded seat. Online price is £29.

For comparison, I’m staying in Glasgow this weekend and 3 of us (2 full price adults + 1 student) are going to Cineworld at Silverburn tonight for a total cost of £31.

I know Gus didn’t start the “go to the pictures” comments but whoever did certainly had a point.

I stopped going to the cinema when they started charging £9 for sticky, rundown, litter strewn seats at the sides when the main theatre was practically empty.

Shame really as it used to be a great night out.

56 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I stopped going to the cinema when they started charging £9 for sticky, rundown, litter strewn seats at the sides when the main theatre was practically empty.

Shame really as it used to be a great night out.

Only when the Kelburn had 4 cinemas.