St Mirren v Rangers (Date Change)

Ronnie

5 hours ago, belfast billy said:

If we take anything from this game I see it as a nice wee brucie bonus didn’t expect anything from Aberdeen game but we got stuck in there and never gave them a sniff so same again and I’ll be s happy bunny

There would be wide smiles on all of our faces at the ground which would take a week to wear off if that happens. 

7 hours ago, belfast billy said:

If we take anything from this game I see it as a nice wee brucie bonus didn’t expect anything from Aberdeen game but we got stuck in there and never gave them a sniff so same again and I’ll be s happy bunny

If we lose it's written off? 

That's the spirit, Goodwins team talk sorted. 

Personally I'd hope the manager is telling the team Sunday could be the day they could be remembered for years by winning. 

Unlikely, sure, the odds back that up, but it's happened before and in front of a live TV audience would be the place to do it. 

Edited by faraway saint

If we lose it's written off? 
That's the spirit, Goodwins team talk sorted. 
Personally I'd hope the manager is telling the team Sunday could be the day they could be remembered for years by winning. 
Unlikely, sure, the odds back that up, but it's happened before and in front of a live TV audience would be the place to do it. 

Agree.

This Sevco side is shite. Worse than the Rangers RIP sides of the early 80s.

Their top midfielder is Ryan Jack. Their main creative threat is Scott Arfield. ffs

No better than the players we have. Put that pair in any other side in this league and no-one would give them a second though.

If the players are confident enough and the match officials are not too biased then we can give them a game.

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Agree.

Their top midfielder is Ryan Jack. Their main creative threat is Scott Arfield. ffs

No better than the players we have. Put that pair in any other side in this league and no-one would give them a second though.

If the players are confident enough and the match officials are not too biased then we can give them a game.

And we'll be cheering the team on.......................watching on the telly. :lol:

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

And we'll be cheering the team on.......................watching on the telly. :lol:

I'll no be watching.

Will be at Zone 74 in East Kilbride watching the wee yin Scootering.

Blue Vermin will be beaten 3-1

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Agree.

They do have goal scorers in Defoe and Morelos. 

They have won their opening two league games. 

Let's not get carried away. They look better than they did last season. 

So do we... Let's see what happens. 

COYS

I never look forward to these games (Celtic and Sevco) - there always seems to be two or three outrageously tenuous 'offences' committed by us in critical situations/areas of the park or at crucial times that tend to lead to goals. A lot of the time these happen when we are containing them or matching up well and these event knock the stuffing out of us - and we all know what happens. Its so infuriating.

Then the press can suck up to their fans by going on about another dominant performance by them  - brushing over controversy and game changing decisions.

Don't get me wrong, with the resources they have they'd would always beat us eight or nine times out of ten, but these decisions potentially rob us of our one or two.

I swithered about this one, but as the boy doesn't enjoy these games either we will give it a miss and watch on the telly.

Hope I regret missing it in person!

I'm going for a 2-1 win to properly sicken me 🙂

We're still gelling after wholesale changes, later than we should have hoped for. It's hard to say how we'll do this season but the signs are good. I don't think the rangers are that good we should fear them but I believe this game has come a little too early to expect a home win. Hope I'm wrong but the very best I think we'll get is a stuffy draw with sevco resting some key players for their European game midweek. Still.

It's a funny old game so,....

11 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

We're still gelling after wholesale changes, later than we should have hoped for. It's hard to say how we'll do this season but the signs are good. I don't think the rangers are that good we should fear them but I believe this game has come a little too early to expect a home win. Hope I'm wrong but the very best I think we'll get is a stuffy draw with sevco resting some key players for their European game midweek. Still.

We "gelled" enough to beat Aberdeen.

I think Rangers are a long way ahead of them so a much tougher prospect. 

Rangers have a stronger squad than last season, enough to take the title to the wire IMO.

They can rest a few players and still have enough on the park to beat most teams in Scotland.

Prediction, 5-0. 

13 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

No doubt the dark side is favourite.  Listening to Goodwin Q&A clearly he has done his home work the players know what to do. Let's put it this way we have a better chance this season than last years to take something.  I know a few fans of the dark side have sent them texts saying put your life savings , borrow put it all on St Mirren then you can take a year out and travel the world with your winnings 😍

19 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

No doubt the dark side is favourite.  Listening to Goodwin Q&A clearly he has done his home work the players know what to do. Let's put it this way we have a better chance this season than last years to take something.  I know a few fans of the dark side have sent them texts saying put your life savings , borrow put it all on St Mirren then you can take a year out and travel the world with your winnings 😍

If they're workmates/customers, I don't fancy your Monday morning!😂

26 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Good idea, bankrupt them. :wink:

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Rangers have a stronger squad than last season, enough to take the title to the wire IMO.

They can rest a few players and still have enough on the park to beat most teams in Scotland.

Prediction, 5-0. 

While I do think we're getting there, on reflection and looking at the game again, I think it said as much about Aberdeen as it did about us. I'm not trying to play it down but we're still in transition. As you say. the rangers are a different proposition and will definitely have more of a goal threat.

4 hours ago, southsidebud said:

I never look forward to these games (Celtic and Sevco) - there always seems to be two or three outrageously tenuous 'offences' committed by us in critical situations/areas of the park or at crucial times that tend to lead to goals. A lot of the time these happen when we are containing them or matching up well and these event knock the stuffing out of us - and we all know what happens. Its so infuriating.

Then the press can suck up to their fans by going on about another dominant performance by them  - brushing over controversy and game changing decisions.

Don't get me wrong, with the resources they have they'd would always beat us eight or nine times out of ten, but these decisions potentially rob us of our one or two.

I swithered about this one, but as the boy doesn't enjoy these games either we will give it a miss and watch on the telly.

Hope I regret missing it in person!

I'm going for a 2-1 win to properly sicken me 🙂

Real shame but I admire your son in making the judgement and you for supporting him

Edited by St.Ricky

I think we'll put the ball in their net, it will be disallowed for some spurious misdemeanor in the build up, a penalty will be given against us for daring to be so bloody cheeky as to take them on, it will be retaken as many times as it is required for them to score and the Hampden bigwigs can sit back in the knowledge that normal service has been resumed. I bloody hope not but...........!

3 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

I think we'll put the ball in their net, it will be disallowed for some spurious misdemeanor in the build up, a penalty will be given against us for daring to be so bloody cheeky as to take them on, it will be retaken as many times as it is required for them to score and the Hampden bigwigs can sit back in the knowledge that normal service has been resumed. I bloody hope not but...........!

Are you suggesting bias SS? 

4 hours ago, stlucifer said:
5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Prediction, 5-0. 

While I do think we're getting there, on reflection and looking at the game again, I think it said as much about Aberdeen as it did about us. I'm not trying to play it down but we're still in transition. As you say. the rangers are a different proposition and will definitely have more of a goal threat.

I think today's game involving Killie and the Dons demonstrates what I was suggesting.

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I think today's game involving Killie and the Dons demonstrates what I was suggesting.

Strangely perhaps, I am in Faraway's camp on this. The Ibrox team were decent enough to finish near the top of the league last season. Have improved their squad and have proven goalscorers. Yes, we have improved and have a stronger squad than last year. Still.. Anything can happen. Whatever does then I will be there to watch it. 

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Strangely perhaps, I am in Faraway's camp on this. The Ibrox team were decent enough to finish near the top of the league last season. Have improved their squad and have proven goalscorers. Yes, we have improved and have a stronger squad than last year. Still.. Anything can happen. Whatever does then I will be there to watch it. 

WTF has that got to do with the state of Aberdeen? Do you EVER post a reasonably intelligent response in your haste to post build?

ETA. As for the last bit. Talk about passive aggressive.

Who really gives a feck if you're there or not? You seem to feel the need to advertise your attendance like a wean shouting he's got the latest toy.

Give it a rest. You and your four imaginary friends.

Edited by stlucifer
your/you're