St Mirren v Rangers (Date Change)

Ronnie

Strangely perhaps, I am in Faraway's camp on this. The Ibrox team were decent enough to finish near the top of the league last season. Have improved their squad and have proven goalscorers. Yes, we have improved and have a stronger squad than last year. Still.. Anything can happen. Whatever does then I will be there to watch it. 

Sevco haven’t improved their squad at all!

They’ve lost their best player, Kent, and signed a load of shite!

6 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Defoe is past it and Morelos is a poor man’s Obika!

4 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Sevco haven’t improved their squad at all!

They’ve lost their best player, Kent, and signed a load of shite!

3 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

If we lose tomorrow then we need to get at least a point away to Livingston otherwise Jim Goodwin will have had a worse start to the season than Alan Stubbs who was duly sacked.......

I believe we’ll win tomorrow though. Sevco are shite

^^^^^^^ The result of cheap lager and no brain. :1eye

Thing is, played absolutely bollocks in 4 cup games. Got beaten of Hibs and beat a very poor Aberdeen side. Seems to be this up surge in fortunes and general happy clapping. If Saints get beaten tomorrow will have been very poor start to season....if if we play well and get beaten a defeat will be a defeat...still think defence is very poor we need to start scoring more goals...

Ok, here we go!

I have a good feeling about tomorrow again, so my prediction is.....

St Mirren 1-0 Rangers (Obika) 

Att: 7345

Hladky, P McGinn, Waters, McKenzie, Mcloughlin, Andreu, Flynn, Foley, Magennis, Durmus, Obika.

Subs: Lyness, Baird, McAllister, Mullen, Morias, Djorkaeff, MacPherson

12 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Thing is, played absolutely bollocks in 4 cup games. Got beaten of Hibs and beat a very poor Aberdeen side. Seems to be this up surge in fortunes and general happy clapping. If Saints get beaten tomorrow will have been very poor start to season....if if we play well and get beaten a defeat will be a defeat...still think defence is very poor we need to start scoring more goals...

Hmmm. You had Dons down to spank us. We have conceded one goal in 180 mins against 2 top 5 teams. Any chance of you going to the Canaries ?

If Rangers play like they did at Kilmarnock in the opening match we have a chance. Also playing them off the back off a difficult away fixture in Europe. On balance can't see us getting anything but even a point would be superb. Matches at Livi and RC coming up should be a better benchmark of where we are. Confident thought that with the signings we have made that we will do fine this season.

24 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

If Rangers play like they did at Kilmarnock in the opening match we have a chance. Also playing them off the back off a difficult away fixture in Europe. On balance can't see us getting anything but even a point would be superb. Matches at Livi and RC coming up should be a better benchmark of where we are. Confident thought that with the signings we have made that we will do fine this season.

Living ate off to a great start again ,will notbe that easy

11 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Living ate off to a great start again ,will notbe that easy

The league wasn't easy last year and I guess it won't be easy this year. I tend to agree with DJ with others that we have a better squad than last season and that despite a difficult opening run of fixtures that we are likely to be well placed to meet the challenge of our next two opponents, both away from home. 

Along with a lot of others, I intend to be at Livingston and hope to travel up to Dingwall for the Ross County game. The pattern for how our season might pan out should be clearer by then. 

Currently we are in a decent league position which would be significantly improved if we take points tomorrow. Great time to be a St Mirren Fan. Looking forward to seeing how we handle the challenge tomorrow and in the games to come. 

The league wasn't easy last year and I guess it won't be easy this year. I tend to agree with DJ with others that we have a better squad than last season and that despite a difficult opening run of fixtures that we are likely to be well placed to meet the challenge of our next two opponents, both away from home. 
Along with a lot of others, I intend to be at Livingston and hope to travel up to Dingwall for the Ross County game. The pattern for how our season might pan out should be clearer by then. 
Currently we are in a decent league position which would be significantly improved if we take points tomorrow. Great time to be a St Mirren Fan. Looking forward to seeing how we handle the challenge tomorrow and in the games to come. 

I think you’re correct a point tomorrow would be great livvy and Ross county up next possible 4-6 a win tomorrow we’ll all bets are off though methinks I’ll settle for a point