Stevie May

Sonny

Not sure the Fakes have finished in the transfer market yet from what their chairman says.
“To assemble the squad we currently have, the club has already exceeded the set budget for the 2019/20 season.

“However, just as we did in January with Michael O’Halloran, we are prepared to go that extra mile to make a serious attempt in bringing Stevie back to St Johnstone.”
You have to admit that St Johnstone are an established Scottish Premier team and are a well run club who we could learn from, especially given their low attendances.

23 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

On their website, St. Johnstone list 22 players, including 5 strikers.

Apologies. Think I've read it as 13 fit seniors, they have several injuries and many of them long term with no timescale on return. 

Callum Hendry is their only fit centre forward being considered. Kennedy and O'Halloran are wingers (what are they?) Kane is injured and McMillan only getting back from injury. 

Edited by djchapsticks

30 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Not sure the Fakes have finished in the transfer market yet from what their chairman says.
“To assemble the squad we currently have, the club has already exceeded the set budget for the 2019/20 season.

“However, just as we did in January with Michael O’Halloran, we are prepared to go that extra mile to make a serious attempt in bringing Stevie back to St Johnstone.”
You have to admit that St Johnstone are an established Scottish Premier team and are a well run club who we could learn from, especially given their low attendances.

I think their manager was on our "local" news last night saying something along the lines he was focusing on a smaller squad with more quality.

Not sure what that means in numbers.

Yeah. That will be one hell of a title race this season. Wouldn't fancy playing whoever comes second in a playoff, either. 10th or higher is vital this season. 
Agree, but I don't see both Dundee teams finishing as the top two in the Championship. It's a really tough league and I expect at least one other side to be classed as a surprise package.

Guest TPAFKATS
I think their manager was on our "local" news last night saying something along the lines he was focusing on a smaller squad with more quality.
Not sure what that means in numbers.
Probably less than they had last season [emoji6][emoji1303]

I have to say, this is really poor, yes we have had Oran take us for a ride, but we have a constant in Gus, so surely he has many targets that Jim needs to work with him. Livi seem settled as do do Accies and County.

Second year in a row we are going in totally unprepared for what lies ahead-

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:
On 7/16/2019 at 10:18 AM, Magic Monkey said:
Yeah. That will be one hell of a title race this season. Wouldn't fancy playing whoever comes second in a playoff, either. 10th or higher is vital this season. 

Agree, but I don't see both Dundee teams finishing as the top two in the Championship. It's a really tough league and I expect at least one other side to be classed as a surprise package.

The great unwashed, maybe.

Killie in for May now, so imagine the draw of European football might swing it.... wait a minute.
But they will likely be able to offer a better deal than the Fakes, us or any other potential suitors.
Once again, it seems we will have to move on to other targets (on that long list)

look guys I am sure there is a long list of names but you cant twist there arms to come sign for us we just need to keep going down the list until someone decides to says yes it could very well be a very long wait.

21 minutes ago, pod said:
26 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Is funny so many moaning about Stevie may speculation as if he isn’t an improvement on cook and Mullen

Is he or isn't he. :unsure:

Robin Van Persie would have struggled for goals with the service our team provides.  Mullen to me is a good player when he gets service and I think Cooke will develop into an excellent striker given time and service also.  But yes in the interim we need someone who can be a target man and hold the ball up for midfielders to run on to, Colin Stein or Joe Jordon comes to mind, a Basher or Yards type of player someone with a big heart, a modicum of talent and a desire to destroy defenders whilst banging the ball THROUGH the net and ............I'm just thinking up my list of posters who could be standing just there................... to catch the ball that is.  😄