Stevie May

Sonny

On 7/17/2019 at 8:18 AM, faraway saint said:

I think their manager was on our "local" news last night saying something along the lines he was focusing on a smaller squad with more quality.

Not sure what that means in numbers.

Ask Jim Goodwin sounds like the two Saints playing the same tune. 

On 7/20/2019 at 1:04 PM, elvis said:

look guys I am sure there is a long list of names but you cant twist there arms to come sign for us we just need to keep going down the list until someone decides to says yes it could very well be a very long wait.

The man from Delmonti? 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Ask Jim Goodwin sounds like the two Saints playing the same tune. 

It is a message to agents that we are low on funds so don't try and fleece us perhaps. Hope it doesn't backfire and agents just head elsewhere and we miss out on the right players.

IT is a gamble whatever....  

The reasonably credible story on P&B is that he was all set to sign a deal making him the Fakes' highest-ever-paid player - even had the pictures done, etc - but then came in at the 11th hour saying he'd had a bigger offer and the Fakes had to match it. Quite correctly, they told him to do one.

That also fairly emphatically rules us out. Surely there's no way we're going in higher than their highest-ever salary.

Robin Van Persie would have struggled for goals with the service our team provides.  Mullen to me is a good player when he gets service and I think Cooke will develop into an excellent striker given time and service also.  But yes in the interim we need someone who can be a target man and hold the ball up for midfielders to run on to, Colin Stein or Joe Jordon comes to mind, a Basher or Yards type of player someone with a big heart, a modicum of talent and a desire to destroy defenders whilst banging the ball THROUGH the net and ............I'm just thinking up my list of posters who could be standing just there................... to catch the ball that is.  [emoji1]

I would have agreed had I not seen the recent games when we created more than enough to win.

Mullen is capable of nice goals here and there if he’s starting every week we are in trouble won’t get enough to keep us up and is hugely ineffective during most parts of the game.

Cody cook is 26 must be a very late developer

2 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

The reasonably credible story on P&B is that he was all set to sign a deal making him the Fakes' highest-ever-paid player - even had the pictures done, etc - but then came in at the 11th hour saying he'd had a bigger offer and the Fakes had to match it. Quite correctly, they told him to do one.

That also fairly emphatically rules us out. Surely there's no way we're going in higher than their highest-ever salary.

He’ll be going to Dundee in that case as they’re the only other club interested who have said they’ve offered him a very good wage

29 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:
2 hours ago, jaybee said:
Robin Van Persie would have struggled for goals with the service our team provides.  Mullen to me is a good player when he gets service and I think Cooke will develop into an excellent striker given time and service also.  But yes in the interim we need someone who can be a target man and hold the ball up for midfielders to run on to, Colin Stein or Joe Jordon comes to mind, a Basher or Yards type of player someone with a big heart, a modicum of talent and a desire to destroy defenders whilst banging the ball THROUGH the net and ............I'm just thinking up my list of posters who could be standing just there................... to catch the ball that is.  emoji1.png

I would have agreed had I not seen the recent games when we created more than enough to win.

Mullen is capable of nice goals here and there if he’s starting every week we are in trouble won’t get enough to keep us up and is hugely ineffective during most parts of the game.

Cody cook is 26 must be a very late developer

Difficult to argue with your views and you may well be correct, I have no special knowledge or expertise but; Cooke; where he is now is a vast improvement from where he was when he arrived, my thoughts are with enough service into the box he will get goals and like they say (or at least I do) goals beget goals.  Mullen? well let's agree to disagree, my thoughts are similar, in that in an attack that is busy, he will improve and score his fair share. But hey being a buddy you need to be an optimist.  😎

35 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Difficult to argue with your views and you may well be correct, I have no special knowledge or expertise but; Cooke; where he is now is a vast improvement from where he was when he arrived, my thoughts are with enough service into the box he will get goals and like they say (or at least I do) goals beget goals.  Mullen? well let's agree to disagree, my thoughts are similar, in that in an attack that is busy, he will improve and score his fair share. But hey being a buddy you need to be an optimist.  😎

What exactly has Cooke done in pre season or the league cup games for you to say he will get goals?? 

7 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

1 goal against Dunfermline. No goals against Edinburgh, EK and Albion not to mention Peterborough, Stenhousemuir and the mighty Rosario! Get him in the starting line up for Easter rd 

Big yards,totally agree with you,but your wasting your breath with those people, total blinkers on,Cooke is rotten and would struggle to get championship team,and he that good he will be on bench as soon as we get real strikers in...

Big yards,totally agree with you,but your wasting your breath with those people, total blinkers on,Cooke is rotten and would struggle to get championship team,and he that good he will be on bench as soon as we get real strikers in...
Maybe he will end up on the bench, but Cooke will come good for us. I hope it's this season.

5 hours ago, Big Yards said:
5 hours ago, jaybee said:

What exactly has Cooke done in pre season or the league cup games for you to say he will get goals?? 

It's an opinion, agree or disagree, your choice, if you want to comment, comment on something sensible, I mean quite clearly none of them have excelled in any of the cup games but I felt he was improving in the last batch of league games and the play offs................ my opinion, this is what the forum is for , debating opinions.

6 minutes ago, jaybee said:

It's an opinion, agree or disagree, your choice, if you want to comment, comment on something sensible, I mean quite clearly none of them have excelled in any of the cup games but I felt he was improving in the last batch of league games and the play offs................ my opinion, this is what the forum is for , debating opinions.

I agree, it’s all about opinions on a forum. I hope you’re right in the end because we don’t half need someone to bang some goals in......as well as needing just about everything else at the minute! 

2 hours ago, paul torfason said:
2 hours ago, Big Yards said:

1 goal against Dunfermline. No goals against Edinburgh, EK and Albion not to mention Peterborough, Stenhousemuir and the mighty Rosario! Get him in the starting line up for Easter rd 

THOSE people are posters debation opinions, on various issues within their team.  Who do you think you are that makes you right and everyone else wrong, a sure sign of an ignorant arrogant individual is someone who dismisses others opinions out of hand.  Cooke is vastly improved since he came, let's be honest all the others that came with him are gone and he is still here but YOU think those in charge  know nothing because YOU think he isn't good enough.  Well thank goodness JG is in charge and NOT you.  😎